<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>[color:"blue"]I did enjoy Kiks book , but the main problem I have with post-mil is their hope for better times prior to our Lords return.<br><br>Since the Fall , to my mind at least, each generation is more depraved than the last. In other words , we are still falling and although the Elect will always be called , there are far more Reprobates around with each coming generation.</font><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>We must keep in mind that we do not get our eschatology from the newspapers. Secondly, if we were to chart the progress of the church as a percentage of the entire world population, isn't the church growing faster than the kingdom of darkness as a percentage of the world's population? Consider the Christian population at Pentecost, when three thousand were baptized. Then consider the same population relative the kingdom of darkness prior to the Reformation. Now do so today. Finally, how the world appears is not the issue. After all, if Jesus died for every person that is born from this moment on, then the next generation will be Christian and God will ordain that they hear the gospel and come to Christ. In other words, salvation is of God. <br><br>Obviously, this was not intended to be an argument for an optimistic view of the kingdom. Rather, my comments are intended to simply point out that the trend supports a "Christianized" world more than status quo, and that the progress of the church is dependent solely upon the will of God (even as it pertains to the question of for whom Christ died). Having said all that, I do know that it is our hearts' desire that the Kingdom prosper in this world beyond measure. "Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."<br><br>In His Grace,<br><br>Ron<br><br><br>