IRT:
[color:red]Really? Then please tell me why Jesus was grieved over Jerusalem not coming to Him, despite His desire that they do.

Josh, I continue to be amazed of your taking things out of context to attempt to prove your point. You crucify the Scriptures afresh because you will not believe in the crucified Saviour alone for salvation. Of course, the natural mind can not comprehend the things of the Spirit of God. We will continue to pray for your salvation.

Now, to answer your question….Yes, really! God does love all with a GENERAL love…I believe you and I have discussed this before…if not then I know it has been discussed in this forum before.

Though you did not quote the text of Matt, it reflects I believe what you were attempting to say:
[color:blue] Matt 23:37-38 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Now, Josh if you ever asked yourself the question, “Why did not Israel desire to come” and looked at the parallel Scriptures (to Matt 23), you would have come upon Deut 32. They would not, because they were not God’s called, or as Deut 5:29 so stated, they did not have “the” heart that would--which only God can put within one (John 3)!

Unless reprobate, you MUST agree with Scripture that God is utterly sovereign and therefore fully capable of bringing to pass whatever He desires (Is. 46:10)—including the salvation of whomever He chooses (Eph. 1:4-5). Yet, He sometimes expresses a wish for that which He does not sovereignly bring to pass. I can safely say that all are NOT SAVED, but look at a parallel passage:
[color:blue] Deuteronomy 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

All are not saved, because “such an heart is not in them,” and this by sovereign design or all would have this “type of heart” and all would be saved. But, God is still full of compassion (Ezek. 18:32; 33:11) towards those that do not have this type of heart. While affirming God’s sovereignty, one must understand His pleas for the repentance of the reprobate as well meant appeals—and His goodness toward the wicked as a genuine mercy designed to provoke them to repentance (Rom. 2:4):

Judges have approved the death penalty for murders. A violation of a righteous law. Judges give out and enforce this penalty. They righteously support the law. The penalty is deserved and fully warranted. But when the judge reflects on his day do you not think that one, full of compassion and mercy, would weep at such a sentence? Do you not think it causes them thought of what they had to do?

----

IRT:
[color:red]My opinion is from the scripture. An opportunity without possibility is no opportunity.

Josh the only surety in grace is election and not the work (possibility/opportunity) of your will. Without election grace loses its total meaning.

God is not a God of possibility or probability, but of surety and of “Thus saith the Lord.”

Your statement [color:red] An opportunity without possibility is no opportunity merely affirms your heresy of believing in the sovereignty of Satan’s power and man’s will over the power of the blood of Christ, for not all are saved--P.S. An [color:red]opinion not supported by Scripture. Man will only be willing in the day of HIS POWER and that being the giving a new heart that is capable of believing!

May God humble you so you will see and understand His mercy, grace, and Word.

Reformed and Always Reforming,