Donations for the month of July

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,805
Posts55,002
Members970
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,486
Tom 4,565
chestnutmare 3,329
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,870
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 18
Pilgrim 11
John_C 3
Recent Posts
Did Paul go to Spain
by Tom - Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:45 AM
The Incorruptible God
by Pilgrim - Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:04 AM
Religion and Politics
by Anthony C. - Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:52 PM
Guns and the Population
by Tom - Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:11 PM
Lex Rex
by Tom - Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:26 PM
The Real Evidence about Scripture and Homosexual Practice
by Pilgrim - Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:40 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#2677 Thu May 15, 2003 11:34 AM
Addict
Addict
In reply to:
[color:"blue"]Even though you are no longer Dispy (I've learned a new word!)...

[img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif" alt="laugh" title="laugh[/img]. I wasn't trying to make a new word. Just got lazy in typing the whole word. But I kind like the sound of it [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile[/img]

Brother in Christ,
Carlos

"Let all that mind...the peace and comfort of their own souls, wholly apply themselves to the study of Jesus Christ, and him crucified"(Flavel)
#2678 Thu May 15, 2003 11:49 AM
Addict
Addict
The reason I stressed my questions was that you had indicated that you thought that you would never change your mind about secret-pretrib and dispy...and I and Joe and others cited just few examples that present enormous exegetical problems for the secret pretrib,dispy...all the commentaries in the world can't change facts of the Exegesis of those scriptures concerning the return of Christ.
All I am saying is to give a full hearing of something before saying that it can't ever change. Honestly some of the answers that i've seen on those passages on the return of Christ from people like Walvord (can't remember spelling) are scripture twisting in my opinion.
Whether Christ come in Two stages or NOT, He's still coming back more than a second time according to that.Rather, let's let scriptures speak:
Heb 9:
23Thus it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these rites, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. 25Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, 26for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a [b]second time[/b], not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

Brother in Christ,
Carlos

"Let all that mind...the peace and comfort of their own souls, wholly apply themselves to the study of Jesus Christ, and him crucified"(Flavel)
J_Edwards #2679 Thu May 15, 2003 11:54 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
No true Christian ever loses his salvation.Children are born, in the Millinnium, to humans who went in before they died. Their parents survived the tribulation. These children aren't "saved." They believe on Christ because He is right there, they can SEE and HEAR Him. This is a different dispensation. This is not like The garden of Eden. Christ is the King. God provided NO salvation for Demons, as well you know. The same, of course, is true for Satan. Fallen angels believe that God is God. Fallen angels believe Jesus is the Son of God. Fallen angels believe Jesus died on the cross. They believe in both God and Jesus, but they aren't saved. When Jesus died on the cross, it wasn't for angels. They never can be and never will be saved. They believe, but aren't saved. This is the kind of belief I am referring to when I say everyone will believe. No one becomes a Christian there, but some are obedient to the King and some are rebels. Becoming a Christian is over and done with by that time. The partition has been removed in THIS dispensation, is what I meant.

Last edited by Johannah; Thu May 15, 2003 12:03 PM.
carlos #2680 Thu May 15, 2003 5:07 PM
Addict
Addict
I forgot to reply to this:<br><blockquote>Some of these passages are referring to Tribulation believers. Some of the passages are referring to the Rapture. Sometimes my commentary says who and what the verse is referring to and sometimes it doesn't </blockquote><br><br>from whence do they get the basis for that? Especially light of the hebrews passage I just quoted. He will appear a "SECOND time". The dispie system has no basis for doing this. The only reason why it is done is because those passages that speak of the parousia, Appearing, & Revelation interchangeably Refutes their system. Thus, the need for a way out.<br><br>Carlos

#2681 Thu May 15, 2003 5:24 PM
Needs to get a Life
Needs to get a Life
In reply to:
[color:"blue"]No true Christian ever loses his salvation.Children are born, in the Millinnium, to humans who went in before they died. Their parents survived the tribulation. These children aren't "saved." They believe on Christ because He is right there, they can SEE and HEAR Him. This is a different dispensation. This is not like The garden of Eden. Christ is the King. God provided NO salvation for Demons, as well you know. The same, of course, is true for Satan. Fallen angels believe that God is God. Fallen angels believe Jesus is the Son of God. Fallen angels believe Jesus died on the cross. They believe in both God and Jesus, but they aren't saved. When Jesus died on the cross, it wasn't for angels. They never can be and never will be saved. They believe, but aren't saved. This is the kind of belief I am referring to when I say everyone will believe. No one becomes a Christian there, but some are obedient to the King and some are rebels. Becoming a Christian is over and done with by that time. The partition has been removed in THIS dispensation, is what I meant.

Well, once again this is plagued with errors. Let me just point out a few:

1. [color:red]This is not like The garden of Eden. Christ is the King. Then who was in charge in Eden--King?
    2. How does sin enter a "perfect" millennial Kingdom?
    3. The Bible does not say that the partition is removed in THIS DISPENSATION, rather it says it IS REMOVED, period. Once, again DPM asserts itself above the Holy Text!
    4. How many resurrections are we to now?--How many does the Scripture state there are? [/LIST] Oh, well the rest is up to you. You may read the provided articles or keep asserting something that now has been refuted over and over--just not here, but through the history of DPM.

PS: It may be better to say the demons assent, rather than believe, this helps clarify what you are meaning. Saving faith includes cognitive knowledge, but goes beyond it to personal trust and submission. Saving Faith is also a gift. 2 Tim 2:24-26, Eph 2:8-10.

Reformed and Always Reforming,
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 248 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
970 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
Readin, sojourner
Popular Topics(Views)
1,526,888 Gospel truth