Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,781
Posts54,881
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,865
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 PM
Change in NRSVue text note on 1 John 5:7
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 AM
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Tom Online Content OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Online Content
Needs to get a Life
I just read an interesting article that as I read it confirmed some things I have been seeing as I discuss my faith with some people.
In particular the following is one argument that is similar to one that was used against me.
Consider—the percentage of scientists who believe the Earth is young is smaller than the percentage of people who would be clinically insane in the same population. ALERT!!
I.e., in order to claim that there is a debate at all, you will have to have more people on ‘your side’ of the debate than the percentage of clinically insane. You don’t.
One person actually said to me, that a real scientist (not exact quote) who doesn’t believe in evolution is an oxymoron.
https://creation.com/damaging-chris...p;utm_content=ca&utm_campaign=emails
Tom

Last edited by Tom; Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:24 PM.
Permanent Resident
Permanent Resident
To me that says they are 100% naturalists, and do not believe in any form of the supernatural

John Chaney

"having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith . . ." Colossians 2:7
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by Tom
One person actually said to me, that a real scientist (not exact quote) who doesn’t believe in evolution is an oxymoron.
Actually, a REAL scientist who believes in evolution is an oxymoron. There is no REAL science behind evolution as is the case for man-made Climate Change (aka: Global Warming). The FACTS do not allow for the theory of evolution. The majority of alleged scientists begin with a presupposition that there is no God who created all things and thus they are left with a hypothesis that is designed to fit into that paradigm, which is untenable. It wouldn't make any difference if there was not one scientist who embraced creationism. The inspired written Word of God is the sole and final authority in all things in regard to doctrine and practice. And where it speaks, where it most certainly does, on any subject, it is truth (Jh 17:17).

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Addict
Addict
The only things that evolutionists, Christian or secular, truly get cocky about are things like age of earth, speed of light, extent of the universe.... The real lofty aspects of creation that are hard to pin down.... I believe there is a Godly Creative explanation to all of it.... You get into something like the development of lanuage, it's not even a debate......

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/castellitto/171009

Last edited by AJ Castellitto; Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:20 PM.
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Below is a link to an interesting article by John De Vries entitled: "The Word of God and Science". [Disclaimer: I do not endorse everything which Mr. De Vries wrote in the article. However, it does contain much that I agree with and thus commend it to be read... with discernment, of course.] grin

LINK: The Word of God and Science

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Addict
Addict
Tom, what I like to do when trying to get to the bottom of the evolutionary train of thought is research those whose theories the consensus were founded upon.....whether Darwin, Charles Lyell or Willard Libby.... when you do so you will be able to see that proper skepticism of their claims was never applied even from the very beginning....or merely, eventually glossed over

http://creation.mobi/darwin-and-lyell

Last edited by AJ Castellitto; Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:21 PM.
Tom Online Content OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Online Content
Needs to get a Life
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Originally Posted by Tom
Actually, a REAL scientist who believes in evolution is an oxymoron. There is no REAL science behind evolution as is the case for man-made Climate Change (aka: Global Warming). The FACTS do not allow for the theory of evolution. The majority of alleged scientists begin with a presupposition that there is no God who created all things and thus they are left with a hypothesis that is designed to fit into that paradigm, which is untenable. It wouldn't make any difference if there was not one scientist who embraced creationism. The inspired written Word of God is the sole and final authority in all things in regard to doctrine and practice. And where it speaks, where it most certainly does, on any subject, it is truth (Jh 17:17).

Lol, I would not go quite that far, I believe there are note worthy scientists on both sides of this debate. Yet I agree with you that there is no real science behind evolution; it is all based on ones presupposition, i.e as you said "there is no God". All scientists have the exact same facts, but they must add their own "theories" to reach their presuppositions. The scientist who holds to the biblical creation view, knows they have their own presuppositions based on the one authority that is higher than them; God as shown by the Word of God. They live by faith and know that secular scientists have no excuse for not believing in God, for God has shown this through His creation. True science then, is discovering what we can concerning God's natural creation. Not trying to discover whether creation or evolution is correct.
If I remember correctly some of the first scientists were creationists, who loved to uncover through natural revelation knowledge concerning creation.

What we are seeing in the field of science now, is man's depravity at work in the attempt to remain autonomous.

Tom

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Not only has God revealed Himself through His creation, but even more salient which makes ALL MEN culpable and without excuse is that God has revealed His power and divinity (Godhead) IN THEM.

Romans 1:18-25 (ASV) "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hinder the truth in unrighteousness; because that which is known of God is manifest in them; for God manifested it unto them. For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, [even] his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse: because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks; but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves: for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen."

Just an article which deals with science and the Bible: Science and the Word of God.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,457 Gospel truth