Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,787
Posts54,918
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,457
Tom 4,528
chestnutmare 3,324
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,866
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 15
Pilgrim 12
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Anthony C. - Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:57 PM
David Engelsma
by Pilgrim - Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 AM
The Jewish conservative political commentators
by Tom - Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 AM
The United Nations
by Tom - Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:04 PM
Did Jesus Die of "Natural Causes"? by Dr. Paul Elliott
by Pilgrim - Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:39 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#55276 Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:45 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Would you agree or disagree with the following?

The first Adam was only innocent, and so he could be corrupted.

But the second Adam, Jesus Christ, was divine, and so could not be corrupted, regardless of Him putting on flesh and blood.

There are some that may think that it was possible for Jesus Christ to sin, but this isn’t so.
The nature of man, flesh and bmlood, was governed by the divine nature of Christ.
Christ did not put on corrupted flesh. His flesh was not fashioned like ours is, but was fashioned in the womb of a woman by the Holy Spirit.

Some may say “Well, He was tried like us in all areas, and so why would He be tried if it weren’t possible for Him to sin?”

But does putting a 100% pure block of gold in a furnace mean that any percent of that block of gold can be found to be impure?
Of course not. A pure block of gold is tried only to show that it is pure, and the fact that it is tried does not mean it must have an impurity.

Christ was that pure gold, being tried by the same fiery temptations as us, but only able to come out pure. There was never any impurities in Christ that could be purged from Him.
All of His trials were only to display how glorious He is.
Ours are to display how glorious we aren’t, moving us to glory in the one who is glorious.
Tom

Just a small edit. This topic has been discussed before on the Highway; and I should have probably revealed that. However, I thought before I say more, I would give others a chance to chime in. By the way Pilgrim, I am in agreement with you on this topic.

Last edited by Tom; Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:42 AM.
Tom #55278 Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:09 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by Tom
Just a small edit. This topic has been discussed before on the Highway; and I should have probably revealed that. However, I thought before I say more, I would give others a chance to chime in. By the way Pilgrim, I am in agreement with you on this topic.
yep It has been discussed and debated before. There are lots of good people on both sides, i.e., if one is kind enough to include me in one of the groups. giggle.

For those who haven't been privy to this debate let me just expand on the first item mentioned in the quoted section, "The first Adam was only innocent, and so he could be corrupted.

1. The reason Adam could be 'corrupted' wasn't because he was created "only innocent". Scripture records God's own words in regard to Adam's creation as being "very good". The theological phrase used to describe Adam's condition at creation and before the Fall is "passe peccare, passe non-peccare, but non passe non peccare, i.e., "able to sin, able to not sin, but not the ability to never sin". Adam had no propensity to sin since his nature was upright in every respect.

2. And, just a reminder of the fact that sin did NOT originate with Adam but Satan. If someone has a difficult time trying to figure out how Adam could transgress the law of God because his nature was pure and holy, take a moment and compare the fall of Satan and all the other angels that followed him. There was no internal nor external influence or temptation as there was in Adam and Eve's case. wink

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #55279 Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:09 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
It has been discussed and debated before. There are lots of good people on both sides, i.e., if one is kind enough to include me in one of the groups.

Lol, the thread I was looking at came from way back in 2005. That was a pretty spirited debate in which you and Joe (I miss him) made a good case for your position.
For the most part however, the other side didn't actually deal with your argument, but kept hammering with their argument.

By the way, the quote I started this thread with; came from somebody I usually agree with.
Tom

Last edited by Tom; Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:15 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 67 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,511,495 Gospel truth