Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
John_C
John_C
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,780
Posts54,875
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,864
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:34 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
The When and How of Justification
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:13 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#56653 Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:20 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
In the USA, they have the Equality Act, that Christians are saying that is probably the most dangerous bill in the history of the USA. That bill just passed through congress and is moving onto the next step.
In Canada however, I am afraid we are already there.
Have a look at the the following video.
https://www.rebelnews.com/father_of...utm_medium=email&utm_source=therebel

Parents have no rights in Canada if their child wants to transition from one sex or another and if they say anything about it to try to protect their child, they can probably expect to be labeled a criminal.
I for one, believe this message needs to get out and let caring parents get back their voice.

Tom

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
We are living in dark and perilous times which our Sovereign God has ordained. Being a Christian and not a Fatalist means that I am responsible to do all that He has prescribed and to resist all things which He has forbidden. The man "with no face and no name" is doing what so many professed Christians are not doing; upholding and defending the man's responsibility as head of the family which includes defending children from harm. Yes, the "Equality Act" is but another major step toward erasing freedom of speech and the freedom of religion in the USA. And pushing through such wicked proposals to be made law will raise the ire of those citizens who have not succumbed to the immorality of the world. BUT... dissent of the people and more in opposition must be quashed else these politicians will be defeated. And to accomplish the stopping of this upcoming resistance the government MUST disarm the populace. History is replete with examples of this very same agenda by hostile governments. Anti-Second Amendment (anti-gun) legislation is standing at the door and will be coming very soon. Is another revolution war inevitable? Not necessarily IF the Supreme Court takes cases that oppose this agenda and rules that they are indeed anti-Constitutional. Already, there are a number of states which have passed legislation that simply put makes the state a Second Amendment Sanctuary State. In short, no one will comply with any federal anti-gun laws or executive orders and no federal law enforcement officers will be allowed to enforce such laws.

The U.S. is not far behind Canada and in some instances they are far ahead (worse) than Canada. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim

Thankyou, I could not agree with you more concerning this issue.

This issue is of course just the tip of the iceberg. For example I am sure you have heard of the case in Alberta Canada about the Reformed Baptist pastor James Coates who has been in jail for a month and a half now. I believe he was just released yesterday (Friday). But he is to face the court sometime in May.
The case I believe has to do with whether or not the Church has the right to gather together in contravention to government guide-lines.

The biggest problem I see is just how many Churches even Reformed ones who believe the government is acting within their rights. However, if we are to agree with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the government has crossed the line.
What I am finding quite strange is how many family members who are Charismatic are very much in support of Pastor James Coates. Yet, most Calvinist Churches I know of are not in support of him.

Another Reformed friend of mine, also pointed out the same thing about Charismatic Churches. Many so called Christians, do not see that Pastor James Coates is representing their rights as the Church going forward. Some of them are saying the only thing they know about Pastor James Coates is he is prideful. I nearly lost it on one person that told me that. But I do not want to sink to their level.

I just found out something I found quite interesting. If what I am told is correct, Orthodox Jews are allowed to meet in their synagogue without any restrictions, simply because they are not allowed electronics in their synagogues.

Tom

Tom #56709 Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:26 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
I heard a bit more about this particular case.

“The controversial imprisonment of the B.C. father who was jailed after speaking out about his inability to delay the medical transitioning of his biologically female child came to a head during the first two days of his trial.
In hopes that a plea bargain would be accepted, the father, who we are legally obligated to refer to as C.D., pled guilty to criminal contempt for breaching various publication bans and orders that restrict what he is allowed to disclose publicly about his case.
C.D.’s lawyer, Carey Linde, and Daniel Pruim, the Crown lawyer, brought forward a plea bargain which included a total of 45 days in jail, including time served and 18 months of probation for C.D.
On Tuesday, C.D. took the stand to explain why he had continued to breach the publication bans in speaking out. He said it never had anything to do with transgender issues, or disrespecting the courts. It had everything to do with his duty as a parent to protect his child from undergoing treatments that can cause health issues, including sterility, prior to them reaching the age of 18. He felt it was his duty to warn others about his inability to prevent this from occurring to his child.
Justice Michael Tammen, who is presiding over the matter, showed no signs of being sympathetic to the father’s reasoning. Tammen made it clear that his position is that C.D.’s numerous breaches of the publication bans, including posting interviews with his face, full name, and information about his child, put his child’s privacy at risk.
On day two of the trial, just prior to a lunch break, Justice Tammen made it clear to everyone in attendance that he was considering more jail time for the father, and that he believed that 45 days in jail for the breaches would be “woefully inadequate, and would bring the administration of justice into disrepute.” Suddenly, the maximum sentence of five years no longer seemed implausible to many of C.D.’s supporters present in the courtroom.
When the trial resumed after lunch, Jenn Smith, a friend of C.D. who recently spoke at a protest in support of ending medical transitioning of children, took the stand and stated his belief that “far-right” nutcases had gotten to C.D. and used him for their own gain. Smith argued that this should be considered when the judge makes his decision as to why C.D. chose to speak out.
C.D. took the stand shortly after that, and contradicted what he had explained on day one of the trial and in many interviews he’s done in the past, including this one with Rebel News. His day two testimony was more in line with Smith’s argument in defence of his actions. C.D. explained that he felt he had been used by certain publications, and that maybe even his Christian upbringing had played a role in his belief that his child would be better off waiting until 18 to make such decisions.
Click here to watch my reaction to the first two days of C.D.’s trial and my interview with some of C.D.’s supporters who attended, including Jenn Smith.”

With a society that would do something like this to a father trying to protect his child. I need to wonder, why Christians trust them to do the right thing when it comes to Covid and other matters?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 77 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,390 Gospel truth