Donations for the month of June

We have received a total of "$0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
John_C
John_C
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,523
Posts53,959
Members969
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,219
Tom 4,217
chestnutmare 3,210
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,838
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Pilgrim 12
Tom 9
jta 8
Meta4 3
John_C 3
Recent Posts
Roe is Dead. Praise God!!!!
by Tom - Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:43 PM
Travel Story
by Tom - Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:23 PM
The Spiritual Profit of Fuller Delight in God's Perfections
by Pilgrim - Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:07 AM
how often we fall, even when our intention is good
by chestnutmare - Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:04 PM
The Spiritual Profit of Firmer Trust in God's Sufficiency
by Pilgrim - Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:39 AM
Dominion Theology
by Pilgrim - Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:10 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#57564 Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:35 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Whether you like Dr. Albert Mohler or not; I think he hits it out of the park here.

https://albertmohler.com/2022/03/24...;mc_cid=edde9aef11&mc_eid=ab5fb0a16a

Tom

jta Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Not always a fan, but he makes some really good points here.

Oddly, while I'm also not generally a fan of Rome, it seems to have clearly foreseen the ultimate consequences of our society's abandonment of marriage and related kinds of lawlessness such as broad public acceptance of fornication, adultery, divorce, contraception, abortion, and the like.

On matters of this urgency, I'm very willing to listen to those I may not agree with on other matters. Christ-centered marriage is very much the bedrock foundation of all society, and when we ceded this area of our culture to the enemy (at least 50 years ago), we ceded the entire culture. Most of us didn't realize it at the time, but some did. And it took some time to unravel, but unravel it assuredly has. Children today generally have no idea what happened, and grow up having no idea that there ever even was an alternative to the moral and ethical licentiousness that we have today, nor that it has consequences including a miserable and short life here on earth followed by eternal death.

Aspiring student of Christ
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
jta

Speaking of Dr. Albert Mohler, I am starting to find out why he is such a mixed bag.
A while ago, I was watching one of my favorite podcasts called 'The Sword & the Trowel', with Tom Ascol. Dr. Voddie Baucham was his guest.

During that show, they were discussing how the Social Justice Movement and the CRT had infiltrated many Churches and organizations.
They mentioned the Gospel Coalition being among the organizations it had infiltrated.

What became apparent, although they did not mention names. was that there are a number of individuals in the Gospel Coalition that are against the Social Justice Movement and the CRT. These individuals refuse to call the organization or the people in the organization out. Mainly because they do not want to call friends out.

It became fairly obvious, that one of those individuals within the organization that were against the Social Justice Movement and the CRT was Dr. Albert Mohler.
On occasion, I still listen to Dr. Albert Mohler's 'The Briefing" and it is very clear that he can't stand the CRT, the Social Justice Movement and he is particularly sharply against Theistic Evolution, of which he said Theistic Evolution and the Bible are not compatible.

What the Sword & the Trowel podcast showed me is explain a little bit of the enigma that is Dr. Albert Mohler. He refuses to call friends out!

To me that is probably worse. but it explains a lot.

By the way, years ago Dr. Voddie Baucham was a regular guest of the Gospel Coalition. That stopped abruptly when he started speaking out against the Social Justice Movement and CRT; he explained with a bit of a chuckle.

Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 39 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Cliniql, John E, ManassehAmerican, jta, DiscipleEddie
969 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
June
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,347,977 Gospel truth