A friend sent me something from a book that D. James Kennedy wrote.
I would like to get some feedback on it.

YOU CAN’T LEGISLATE MORALITY”
You probably have heard the cliché that you can’t legislate morality. Well, that has to be one of the most foolish statements anyone has ever made. If you can’t legislate morality, pray tell me, what should you legislate? Immorality? We have some in our country today who would like to do that, and they have made their attempts. Congress continues to wrestle with this, as do the courts. But historically speaking, you can’t and shouldn’t legislate immorality, and we have not, historically speaking, legislated anything but that which is moral. In every nation law is built upon morality and ethics, and ethics flow out of religion. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., pointed out that at the very least, the law could be used to prevent immorality: “While the law cannot change the heart, it can certainly restrain the heartless.”
The late great Dr. Francis A. Schaeffer said, “Show me the laws of any nation, and I will tell you its religion.” It’s just that simple. If you want a classic example of this, go to Lebanon. If you commit a crime in Lebanon, which is partially Christian and partially Muslim, they will ask you, “Do you want a Christian trial or a Muslim trial?” because they know there is a vast difference between the two. And there would probably be, depending on the crime, a vast difference in the outcome.
All legislation is based upon ethics and morality, and all morality stems from religion. What has happened in this country for the last half century is that the religion of secular humanism has been pushing aside the religion of Christianity upon which this nation was based, from which its ethics arose, and upon which its legislation was framed. So now today we have a dual foundation, and our legislators don’t know whether they are voting for laws based upon humanism or based upon this nation’s Christian foundation.
The humanists have done an amazing job in bringing this to pass. They have succeeded in passing into law many of their particular religious tenets and documents, such as abortion, gambling, free divorce, the freedom to have sex with any consenting person (no longer consenting adult), and many such things as that. You see, it is always some morality that is being legislated into law, and you will find that the person who is screaming the loudest, “You can’t legislate morality” is with his other hand busily engaged in promoting the legislation of his own morality into law behind your back. That is what has been happening in America today. The people who have been most active in legislating humanist morality into law have also been the most vocal in screaming that you can’t legislate morality. Do you begin to get some idea that a bit of a con game has been going on in our nation?

Last edited by Tom; Sat May 21, 2022 2:29 PM.