Donations for the month of October

We have received a total of "$50" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,608
Posts54,196
Members973
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,282
Tom 4,278
chestnutmare 3,234
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,847
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Pilgrim 19
Tom 15
Nahum 10
John_C 5
Recent Posts
Pasture-Land
by Pilgrim - Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:31 AM
Lucifer
by Tom - Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:00 AM
Biblical Worship: In Spirit and in Truth by A.G. Brown
by Pilgrim - Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:38 AM
Eph. 2:8-9 question
by Pilgrim - Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:28 PM
A Hymn of Worship
by Pilgrim - Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:45 AM
The Doctrines of Grace
by Tom - Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:29 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#57818 Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:33 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Dominion Theology
Other names for Dominion Theology are Theonomy and Reconstructionism.
Or at least that is what I thought.
However, with what is happening in North America, this subject has been brought up a lot.
Many, such a good friend of mine who says he disagrees with Rushdoony and Bahnsen on their form of Dominion Theology and Postmilleniallism. He insists that one does not need to hold to Postmillennialism to embrace Dominion Theology. Like myself, he holds to Amillenniallism but says he knows others who hold to Historic Premillenniallism and also believes that if one holds to Covenant Theology, one should embrace “Dominion Theology”.
My friend recently listened to a Podcast called ‘Christian Nationalism’ and Dominion Theology’ that he says he agreed with all of it. He also believes that guys like Sam Waldron (who speaks against Rushdoony’s form of Dominion Theology) would agree with that Podcast and recommends it to me.

I for one am getting a little tired of this issue; but thought I would see if others will listen to this Podcast and give their take on it.
https://player.fm/series/leadership...istian-nationalism-and-dominion-theology

Basically, this form of 'Nationalism and Dominion Theology', is the basis for which our Western Nations were formed and which are being attacked today.
Yes they believe we should try to "Christianize our country", but not in a way that forces people to be Christians.

If we do not have a "rule book", we will have a secular rule book, or a Muslim rule book, etc...
Our Constitutions reflect a Judeo-Christian ethic.

The Podcast goes onto say that Dominion Theology, does not require a particular eschatology to adhere to Dominion Theology, it has to do Christ being the Lord of all. This is not a replacement for Reformed Soteriology. "The basis of Western Law is the 10 Commandments. In that kind of society they do not allow men to marry men. That would be secularism."

In the Canadian Constitution, it says God will have dominion from sea to sea. It is definitely the Biblical God.
Our documents are all about the laws of God and even the queen swears to uphold the laws of God in Canada. When those things are challenged, they are usurping our historical documents.
The leftists hate this, because their culture hates their Constitutions.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:13 PM.
Tom #57819 Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:10 PM
Head Honcho
Online Content
Head Honcho
How about a far too brief answer to "Dominion Theology"? evilgrin I fail to find anything in Scripture which advocates a "Christianizing" of this world whatsoever. What I read is the calling OUT OF THIS WORLD those whom Christ came to redeem and make ready for the New Heaven and New Earth. Those who are called live by the law of God and those who are of this world live by the laws of this world. That some have chosen to see value in the moral law of God is by God's design in order to benefit first of all Christians that the gathering of the elect might continue to the end. The 'residual' peace, prosperity and relative happiness that God's law brings is due to the Spirit's restraining of men's wickedness and hatred of God and that very law. Christ already reigns over this earth since He rose from the dead thus defeating the "god of this earth" and secured the salvation of those whom God predestined to be adopted children and heirs of the renewed creation where righteousness dwells. And I should also say that one's eschatology does matter since basically, only one represents God's revealed will in Scripture for all things, albeit in part and through a glass darkly.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #57861 Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:57 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim

I am reluctant to comment; mainly because this is a topic I find hard to wrap my mind around.
Which is basically the reason, I am trying to get a greater understanding of.

I have quite a few friends who are Amil and also fans of people like Aaron Rock.
They define “Dominion Theology” different than someone like Bahnsen would.
Which they claim Aaron Rock also disagrees with Bahnsen on.

Like you, I agree that any peace, relative happiness, we have is do to God’s laws gives is do to God’s restraining of man’s wickedness…
I think my friends also would agree with that. However, I think what they mean by “Christianize”, is not what Postmils believe.
Rather they see it as how Matt. 28:18-20 puts it.

They also believe that what Aaron Rock said is in keeping with that and does not conflict with the WCF, the 1689 LBCF or Amillennialism.
One friend in an effort to show me this gave me another article; that they believe will help me think through the issue better.
I have not read it yet; but I thought I would give it here.
https://www.thelondonlyceum.com/classical-reformed-theonomy/

Tom

Tom #57862 Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:11 PM
Head Honcho
Online Content
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by Tom
I think my friends also would agree with that. However, I think what they mean by “Christianize”, is not what Postmils believe.
Rather they see it as how Matt. 28:18-20 puts it.
Matthew 28:18-20 (KJV) 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.
How is this passage not teaching to preach the gospel, and to disciple (teach) those who believe to do all that God requires/commands? scratch1 Is this not to "Christianize"?? shrug I'm confused. The "teaching all nations" is not to simply make known the moral precepts of God, but rather to "preach".

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #57863 Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:21 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
That is what they mean by “Christianize”.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry, Nana Dadzie Jr.
973 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
October
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,380,338 Gospel truth