Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,781
Posts54,881
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,865
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 PM
Change in NRSVue text note on 1 John 5:7
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 AM
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#58336 Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:14 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
I thought the following was interesting.

Ben Shapiro, does what I have done on occasion. I personally know people (the number is growing) and while Christians I know, who do not agree with their lifestyle, never the less, believe we should out of respect call them by their preferred pronouns.
However, I believe this is completely wrong and I can't lie by calling them by their preferred pro-nouns.
Now I pray, I do not get into a situation similar to what Ben Shapiro was in.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:31 PM.
Tom #58339 Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:14 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
I do like Ben Shapiro most of the time. If for no other reason, he believes in free speech and doesn't mince words. However, your comments; assuming the words typed below the video are yours, I disagree with. I will NOT under ANY circumstances address ANYONE by their "preferred pronoun" if it is contrary to their biological gender of which God created them. My question to you, Tom, is WHY would you as a Christian even consider it "respect" to address someone in private by a pronoun which is contrary to nature itself and insulting to God but not do that to the same person in public? scratchchin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #58343 Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:47 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim
Please read what I said again.

I said other Christian’s address them by their preferred pronouns not me.

If you watch the video, he refused to call them by their preferred pronouns as well and nearly got beat up for it.

Tom #58349 Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:17 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
yep got it! grin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #58351 Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:20 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim

Unfortunately, this issue is one that affects me personally.
I know quite a few people in the LBGQT+ community.
Many of them are relatives, or friends of mine family members.

My wife’s cousin’s adult daughter who completely transitioned and within a few years got stomach cancer, died on December 26.I suspect, though nobody mentioned this, that her cancer came as a result of her transitioning.

I know quite a few others as well and although their family members as Christian’s are clear that they do not approve of their life-style. Never the less, they call them by their preferred gender.
I cringe when I hear it.

Tom

Tom #58353 Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:38 PM
Addict
Addict
It’s been said,

“information is often useful only if it is timely”

With that in mind, I don’t trust the reactionary tendencies of the majority of talking head conservatives. I know my comment doesn’t relate to the issue being addressed here, but guys like Shapiro are consistently delayed in their level of scrutiny and discernment. They are too often relegated to narrative regurgitator and outrage facilitator but are rarely truly helpful or useful….

Anthony C. #58355 Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:26 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Anthony, did you watch the debate in the video I linked?

I personally saw Shapiro as being extremely helpful, at least in showing the truth behind the issue of gender; the truth that he almost got beat up for.

You will notice the transgender man that was sitting next to him. When Shapiro was trying to give his take on the matter, which he was told that is what he was there for. It offended almost everyone and the transgender man threatened to make him leave in an ambulance if he did not stop. He was actually invited, not for debate purposes, but to try to make him look foolish.

I admire Shapiro for stating what he was asked to. However, like he later said he should have known the real reason they asked him there. Ben Shapiro is a very good debater; but if he is not allowed to say what he needs to say; that is not fair debate.
As I think about that, I am reminded of something Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said about the views held by people like Ben Shapiro. He called them "un-acceptable views". Trudeau is against free speech and bills are regularly being passed that are completely against 'The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms'.

As I think further on this, I am reminded of similar conversations, where similar views were mocked. However, when challenged they either laughed or did not answer; as though if the person did not share their view, they were not worth answering.

I digress, the average person has no idea what the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, or the American equivalent says. Sometimes I wonder, even if they did know, would they actually care?

guys like Shapiro are consistently delayed in their level of scrutiny and discernment. They are too often relegated to narrative regurgitator and outrage facilitator but are rarely truly helpful or useful….

Anthony, as I think of this part of what you said. Can guys like Shapiro, actually be more than that and how?

In Canada, we have someone that is similar to Ben Shapiro whom Ben actually said is one of the best conservative debaters. I am talking about Jordan Peterson and I have watched a few of his debates and I can see why Ben Shapiro likes him. Peterson often shows the foolishness of the person's point; yet when he says something the other person says so you are saying..., which completely takes Peterson out of context and it is obvious. Then when he clarifies his point; they ignore it and mock it.
I have heard people comment on the debate and it is as though they saw a completely different debate than me.

Some often say that they can't figure out why some people think Peterson is so smart; they consider him an idiot. Thinking about them, I believe they are just trolls.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:50 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,457 Gospel truth