The Highway
Posted By: allthisstuff Bible Numerics - Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:46 PM
Hello all! I'm new to this forum, and I thought that I should start off with a post concerning something I found somewhat recently.

I found a website concerning a man named Ivan Panin. Who is said to have found a pattern of numbers throughout the Bible. I think it works like this.. The Hebrew and Greek texts can be easily turned into numerical values. And.. they show a mathematical pattern that seems to be impossible to be made by man. Supposedly, with this pattern, He was able to find the exact("God breathed") translation through mathematical patterns. It just so happens that "extra" books that some people believe are a part of the Word of God, coincidentally<?>, don't have the pattern!

I readily accept this as truth but, time proves that I'm a gullible person! Thoughts?

The Numeric English New Testament can be downloaded here as a pdf http://www.unleavenedbreadministries.org/?page=nent

There is a better explanation of Bible numerics within the pdf file near the beginning.
Posted By: Robin Re: Bible Numerics - Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:51 PM
At best, that stuff is garbage. But even worse, it is witchcraft. An attempt to "discover" more than is really there. The perspicuity of Scripture is one of Protestantism's most sacred tenets. To quote a part of the Westminster Confession:

...those things which are necessary to be known, believed, and observed for salvation, are so clearly propounded and opened in some place of Scripture or other, that not only the learned, but the unlearned, in a due use of the ordinary means, may attain unto a sufficient understanding of them. -WCF 1:7

The web site you refer to is the work of a skilled Charismatic manipulator who "uncovers hidden things" and "new revelation" by means of witchcraft. The plain meaning of Scripture, taken in context and in harmony with the rest of the Bible, is the only meaning of Scripture.

-R
Posted By: Hitch Re: Bible Numerics - Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:59 PM
There is more than a lifetimes work from the scriptures that are clear and widely understood.

And dont worry, next year there will be another new discovery, if you're still searching.

Take care

H

The web site you refer to is the work of a skilled Charismatic manipulator who "uncovers hidden things" and "new revelation" by means of witchcraft. The plain meaning of Scripture, taken in context and in harmony with the rest of the Bible, is the only meaning of Scripture.

YUP.
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: Bible Numerics - Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by allthisstuff
I found a website concerning a man named Ivan Panin. Who is said to have found a pattern of numbers throughout the Bible. I think it works like this.. The Hebrew and Greek texts can be easily turned into numerical values. And.. they show a mathematical pattern that seems to be impossible to be made by man. Supposedly, with this pattern, He was able to find the exact("God breathed") translation through mathematical patterns. It just so happens that "extra" books that some people believe are a part of the Word of God, coincidentally<?>, don't have the pattern!

I readily accept this as truth but, time proves that I'm a gullible person! Thoughts?
Okay, I'm jump in here too. grin I'd like to answer your question, "Thoughts?" with a couple questions of my own,

1. Is it possible that every single one of Christ's sheep from Adam onward have been kept in ignorance concerning what Scripture teaches and the "real" method of interpreting it until Ivan Panin came along? scratchchin

2. Do any of the following names mean anything to you? scratch1
  1. Joseph Smith
  2. Charles Taze Russell
  3. Mary Baker Eddy
  4. Helen White
  5. Dan Brown (Da Vinci Code)
Posted By: Tulipman Re: Bible Numerics - Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:29 AM
You might consider that, given that it's supposedly mathematical and mankind long ago learned mathematics, it would be as impossible to discover as it would be to create. That is, if man can discover it using mathematic deduction it's not a far stretch to say that he could devise it also...it's called "decompiling" and it's a popular crime in the software industry for example.

Which either reduces Scripture to being man-made (or at least par with man's imaginative abilities), or that the notion of a secret mathematics behind the Bible is a bunch of bunk designed to make somebody somewhere feel special.

And if the claim is that it takes a special someone, say some charismatic, to receive special revelation to such secret knowledge hidden in the Bible, then you have affirmed the ancient heresy of gnosticism which, upon analysis, is not far removed from the charismatic worldview that this world is evil to be avoided and only the spiritistic realm is good if you are so enlightened to receive information from it.

In any case, I would prescribe watching the movie "21" five times in quick succession, which would be far better for your spirituality and not to read charismatic diviners anymore.

Or, even better, to read the Bible as it was meant to be read.

Tulipman
Posted By: Pops Re: Bible Numerics - Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:42 PM
E W Bullinger has a lot of stuff on Bible numerics and he was no Charismatic! and he was in the late 1800's early 1900's.

You may like to check out his stuff - a lot of it is now available on the net.
Posted By: Tom Re: Bible Numerics - Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:54 PM
EW Bullinger was also an ultra-dispensational theologian.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._W._Bullinger

Personally, if I knew nothing else about him, it would be enough not to put to any credibility in his views.

Tom
Posted By: JohnDM Re: Bible Numerics - Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 PM
How about this link between a Bible number and astronomical time?

In the Book of Daniel there is a reference to an anonymous being called "that certain one" (Daniel 8:13-14). In Hebrew the margin reference translates this as "Palmoni" meaning "the wonderful Numberer" or the “Numberer of Secrets” and it is said by some to actually be the person of Jesus Christ.

"Blessed [is] he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days (1,335). But go thou thy way till the end [be]: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.” Book of Daniel 12:13

Moon Time
And the number 1,335 as days from the baptism to the Church divided by 30 and cube root x 100 is 354.3670531 days which is 12 synodical-festival lunar months of 29.53058 days a perfect lunar month of 29 days 12 hours 44 minutes 03 seconds. Hence a perfect lunar month is contrived out of the number 1,335. And God told Moses soon after the Exodus to follow Moon time.

Hence Blessed and Moon time are linked.

Posted By: JohnDM Re: Bible Numerics - Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:47 AM
Sorry, because yesterday I did my first post on this board and I showed my bad manners in not mentioning that I was a newbie.

And when I see the word sorry, I say to myself "He should have thought before acting."

Anyway, let's hope I can contribute something now and again.

JohnDM

Posted By: Pilgrim Re: Bible Numerics - Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by JohnDM
Sorry, because yesterday I did my first post on this board and I showed my bad manners in not mentioning that I was a newbie.

And when I see the word sorry, I say to myself "He should have thought before acting."

Anyway, let's hope I can contribute something now and again.
[Linked Image] but I just don't get it???

However...

[Linked Image]

And I do look forward to your future contributions. BTW beneath your display name you will see the initial "Title" given here for all "newbies", i.e., Plebeian: a member of the common people. The designation of which nomenclatures you can find HERE.
© The Highway