The Highway
Posted By: John_C Never heard of this statement before - Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:57 PM
Someone made reference that Presbyterians view the sacraments as "that baptism is a sign of justification, while communion is a sign of sanctification"

Posted By: Pilgrim Re: Never heard of this statement before - Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:53 AM
Originally Posted by John_C
Someone made reference that Presbyterians view the sacraments as "that baptism is a sign of justification, while communion is a sign of sanctification"
I haven't heard anyone speak in that manner re: baptism and communion. If I had to guess, I would say it is something relatively new. shrug
Posted By: Relztrah Re: Never heard of this statement before - Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:18 AM
Originally Posted by John_C
Who is that "someone"? It seems like an unusual statement.
Posted By: John_C Re: Never heard of this statement before - Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:42 PM
Just a poster on another forum. I'm sure she was quoting what she heard or read from a blog. I guess I can ask. She is a Calvinist but not Presbyterian in polity. So, she could have got that quote from almost anyplace.
Posted By: grace2U Re: Never heard of this statement before - Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:30 PM
I suppose it would be the logic of believing in Presumptive Regeneration, yet allowing only members to take the Lord's Supper.

Steve
Posted By: John_C Re: Never heard of this statement before - Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:01 PM
Steve,

I'm not understanding why you are interjecting presumptive regeneration in this?
© The Highway