The Highway
Posted By: Tom False Accusation of Anti-Semiticism - Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:21 PM
https://israelmyglory.org/article/how-anti-semitism-corrupted-the-church/

The above link is something a fellow Amil friend sent me and it shows me something I had not been aware of before.
I am talking about the false accusation that Amillennialism which they call “Replacement Theology” is anti-Semitic.
If someone was taught these things; I can understand why they would associate Amillennialism with Anti-Semiticism.

I have Reformed friends, who believe this lie and to be frank I could not understand why.

I am hoping this article, would create some discussion.

Tom
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: False Accusation of Anti-Semiticism - Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:21 PM
We had this issue crop up here by a member (ex) who made this claim. He held to Messianic Judaism. He was shown from Scripture and from the writings of well known Amillennialists that anti-Semitism was NOT an inherent view within Amillennialism. The promises to Israel, e.g., the land was fulfilled and not something that is future (cf. Prophesy and the Israeli State). Secondly, Israel as is the truth in most of the OT, was a "shadow/type" of God's actual eternal counsel to bring salvation to the world; Jew and Gentile. And thus two are now one (Eph 2:11-18). The spiritual fulfillment is now being done and will continue until Christ returns.

Romans 9:6-8 (ASV) 6 But [it is] not as though the word of God hath come to nought. For they are not all Israel, that are of Israel: 7 neither, because they are Abraham's seed, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh that are children of God; but the children of the promise are reckoned for a seed.
The "church in the wilderness" (Acts 7:38); Israel was joined with the Gentiles at the crucifixion thus making the full Church (Rom 11:22-27). Jews no less than Gentiles are by nature "children of wrath" (Eph 2:3) and will ultimately perish unless God in His mercy calls them efficaciously through the Word to be reconciled in the Lord Christ... no exceptions. Only those who have been called and received justification through faith are the "children and sons of God" (Eph 1:5; Gal 4:5; 1Jh 3:5). Nationality has no merit nor advantage. NO ONE has any privilege whatsoever with God (Jh 1:12,13). Nicodemus, a devout Jew had to be "born again, anew, from above) else he would never enter the kingdom of God (Jh 3:1-21). This is not some alleged anti-Semitic teaching, but God's truth contained clearly in the Word.
© The Highway