Originally Posted by Jacy
Kyle, I will show your links to him, but I think it would take a lot for him to consider Presby. We did visit one that seemed to be pretty solid, but he couldn't get over taking communion every Sunday with real wine. bravo laugh
Jacy,

When I was in seminary (WTS; Philly), a dear Reformed Baptist brother was in several of my classes and one day he stood up and said he wanted to announce something important. This happened in our homiletics (preaching) class so there was a bit more freedom to do such things. Anyway, with a very straight face he said, "We Baptists do greater miracles than Jesus did. Jesus turned water into wine, but we Baptists turn wine into grape juice!" The whole class roared including the prof. He was "one of those" who had been freed from his Fundy scruples and was able to poke fun at himself and his former 'life'. wink

May the Lord guide you to a good church where the worship of God is honored and practiced according to spirit and truth and where the Word of God is faithfully preached and practiced.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]