Question 29: Why is the Son of God called "Jesus", that is a Saviour?

Answer: Because he saveth us, and delivereth us from our sins; (a) and likewise, because we ought not to seek, neither can find salvation in any other. (b)

(a) Matt.1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Heb.7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
Heb.7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

(b) Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
1 Tim.2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Isa.43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.