Originally Posted by JesusFan
I would agree with you that calvinism is the best expression/understanding on just how the Lord saved sinners such as you and I, but are you stating here that those in Christianity not holdingto calvinism are teachinga false gospel totally?
1. I am not saying nor do I believe that Calvinism "is the best expression/understanding on just how the Lord saved sinners". nope What I have tried to make clear is that Calvinism and Calvinism alone is the ONLY truth according to God's inspired written Word, the Bible, in regard to ALL THINGS concerning God, Christ, redemption and the Christian life. A half truth is no truth at all. The Devil used a partial truth when he deceived Eve and he continues to use such lies to this day.

2. Have you read any of the articles I have given links for? Many deal with this subject in depth. grin

3. Yes, non-Calvnist teachings are false, especially their man-made Gospel. Does that sound too narrow to your ears? Paul was of the same mind and wrote some very condemning things in regard to any who preached any other gospel than what he and the other apostles taught:

Galatians 1:6-9 (ASV) I marvel that ye are so quickly removing from him that called you in the grace of Christ unto a different gospel; which is not another [gospel] only there are some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach unto you any gospel other than that which we preached unto you, let him be anathema [cursed/damned]. As we have said before, so say I now again, if any man preacheth unto you any gospel other than that which ye received, let him be anathema [cursed/damned]
2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (ASV) But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve in his craftiness, your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity and the purity that is toward Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we did not preach, or [if] ye receive a different spirit, which ye did not receive, or a different gospel, which ye did not accept, ye do well to bear with [him].

Originally Posted by JesusFan
My expereinces with many of them would be that they hold to them needing Jesus to save them, that they are sinners, and that Jesus died for their sins, and was raised again, but have an incomplete, misunderstanding of it in its totality?
If you think that those who embrace Arminianism (very rare) or semi-Pelagianism believe that they are saved solely by grace in Christ, you need to come to a better understanding what these false and heretical systems believe. The Reformed church, until recent history has thoroughly rejected and condemned these heresies and those who preach/teach and/or embrace them. Until recently, and this EC (ecclesiastical correctness) has become so popular, no true Calvinistic/Reformed church would ever accept an Arminian nor semi-Pelagian into membership.

Lastly, what is your understanding of the following text:

Matthew 7:21-23 (ASV) "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]