Yes, rational man rebels at the idea that the Almighty God works through His Word alone creating and sustaining faith in a tiny child.

(Fred) Obviously, then, the Bible equally rebels against this notion of God creating and sustaining saving faith in an infant, because it does not know anything that you claim. There is not one mention of God producing regeneration through the means of baptism in infants baptized according to a trinitarian formula. This is sheer fantasy brought to the text to sustain the Lutheran tradition of infant baptism. Faith without works is dead, my friend. This is plain biblical teaching. Infants have no ability to manifest spiritual works to begin with, and I have yet to encounter any infant that thinks spiritual rather than selfishly.

Do you believe in sola fide? If so, how are tiny children saved without faith?

(Fred) The Bible is all but silent on the salvation or non-salvation of infants at death, but I would argue that God saves them out of the kindness of his great mercy. This is a debate that has occupied the thinking of many Christians over the last 2 millennia, but I believe the only correct approach to answering the question must be born out of clear Biblical evidence rightly exegeted, and not some favored denominational tradition that is moved aloft by bad theology. The baptismal regeneration solution falls squarely in that category.

Here are a couple of articles to consider:

What happens to infants that die

The Salvation of the little ones

I still am looking for the answer to the question of eternal security. Can a baptized infant that was baptized in a trinitarian formula who grows up as a hellion and eventually pursues a course of worldliness for the remainder of his or her adult life be said to have "lost his salvation" according to your view?

Fred

"Ah, sitting - the great leveler of men. From the mightest of pharaohs to the lowest of peasants, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" M. Burns