I have heard that only the SBC as a denomination has stopped the tide of a denomination turning liberal. But there are so many factions within the SBC, I don't know if that is entirely true.

The SBC is a huge old thing with various factions, yes. But nowadays it isn't the inerrancy of Scripture but the sufficiency of Scripture that is most under attack within the Convention.

The liberals and moderates for the most part have left, but there still are many Arminians and other evan-jelly-cals. I am thankful for those churches that are seeking to return to Reformed theology!

Also, curiously enough, some of the normal SBC churches (read "non-Reformed") I've gone to call themselves conservative, say they do not allow women to be pastors, and yet have women unofficially leading adult Bible studies that are co-ed.

True godliness is a sincere feeling which loves God as Father as much as it fears and reverences Him as Lord, embraces His righteousness, and dreads offending Him worse than death~ Calvin