We love our youth pastor. Somehow, he manages to get wiggly, hyperactive junior high boys and girls to keep coming back to a venue where they discuss a verse in a small group setting (with a parent volunteer) and then come back to a large group where he gives an engaging and theologically correct Gospel message for about 5-7 minutes before turning them loose on the snack and pingpong tables . <br><br>No, you can't have him!<br><br>He is wise enough to realise that youth ministry is an ongoing process from which he will not see alot of fruit until much later down the road. He loves them enough to go to their games and events at school, eat lunch with them at school regularly, and enough to lead a deeper midweek study for the kids who want and need more. He draws parents in and lets the parents be what they are (in my case an old fogey who can't stand the CCM during pingpong but tolerates it just to be there) and also draws in godly college students willing to invest their time in these kids and who have the energy to do lock-ins and basketball parties.<br><br>He is energetic, but patient. He is fun, but grownup, like an older brother rather than like a peer. He handles them with firmness and is fearless about teaching about things like how girls should dress and how boys ought to keep their eyes and hands and thoughts policed. When he disciplines, he does so in private and with love.<br><br>In short, he is a total blessing, and I hope he sticks around for a long time to come. As far as I am concerned, all is not lost on the youth front.

Stand Fast, Craigellachie!