Joe,
As I read your post and the replies, thoughts on a passage of scripture have been going round in my head. The passage is Isaiah 6:1-8.

What is worship.
First. Seeing God as He is. Sitting upon a throne. High and lifted up. All that that conveys to us of His exaltedness, glory, sovereignty. A consciousness that we approach One before whom the very angels veil their faces, while singing of that most celebrated of all His attributes, His holiness. (THRICE holy!)

Second. Seeing ourselves as we really are. We are sinners. And particularly our lips, with which we speak God's praise, are unclean. No one is exempt. If God's voice caused the door posts to move surely we ought to be on our faces, crying "Woe is me!"

Third. A testimoney of our own utter helplessness and unworthiness, and of His amazing grace in our iniquity being taken away and our sin purged by Christ.

Fourth. A joyful response when we hear God's voice, "Here am I; send me."

Are you experiencing it now in your church. Sadly I have at present no live church connection in this area.

What does it really look like. I don't know, but I imagine Daniel 10:15-19 comes close.

Have you experienced it. Joe, thank you for starting this thread. I may not have answered your question but you have been used to direct my thoughts to verses which have caused me to worship, and I wanted to share it. To Him alone be all the glory.
Yours in Him,
Brian.