Hello everyone, I been a way for a wile but it is good to be back. Looking forward to some good discussions. smile
I been studying in the book of Romans and Ch 6, I it find very interesting and was wondering what others thoughts were on some subjects.
Thanks.

Romans 6:6-7 6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; 7 for he who has died is freed from sin.

Whats everyone's thoughts on verse 6-7, and 14?

It seems to be teaching that our old self was crucified with Christ and the body of sin is dead (done away with), and we are no longer slaves to sin.

1) If this is the case, considering believers, where does sin come from if the body of sin is dead?

2) What does Paul mean we are freed from sin because the old self has died to it?

What does Paul mean when he says we were slaves to sin, but believers (in Christ) are no longer slaves to sin, but have been set free?

For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace. Rom 6:14.

Edited by Dennis (Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:22 PM)
Edit Reason: Spelling corrections

THOMAS BROOKS