Originally Posted by JesusFan
I am just suggesting that Christianity is based upon verifiable history facts, not just making a leap of faith alone!
And for all these years I thought Christianity was based upon Scripture. scratchchin And, what is "a leap of faith alone"? Have you ever seen the Lord Christ face-to-face? The only people who wrote of Him from personal experience were His contemporaries who were inspired to write selected things as they were "carried along/guided" by the Spirit of God. So, where is the indisputable and "verifiable history facts" concerning the Lord Christ? Scripture alone is the "sole and final authority in all matters of faith and practice". It appears that what you believe is that faith is possible without the Gospel when "verifiable history facts" are presented to a sinner. Is that your view? How does any "verifiable history fact" bring about regeneration, conviction of sin, saving faith, love for God and His holy law as a way of life? The natural revelation of God has no ability to bring anyone to salvation. In fact, Paul says that natural revelation only brings the wrath of God upon ALL men since when they see the natural revelation and they being made in the very image of God which testifies to God's power and eternal Godhead, they reject that truth and substitute it with a lie. So once again, I must tell you the truth that the Holy Spirit DOES NOT work through falsehood nor the natural revelation to bring God's elect children to salvation in Christ. He ONLY works through the one true Gospel. (Rom 10:12-17)

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]