Originally Posted by Johan
We believe that God calls all believers. God loves his earth, this world which he created even if it is so different from the world to come which the Apostle Peter describes. Therefore, in his grace/mercy He does not leave this world to itself to sink further into corruption and decay. He intervened by sending his Son into the world to counter the corruption and meaninglessness, to bring the world again to its original purpose, which is to honour God.

My question is: did the Father send the Son into this world as an intervention to counter the corruption and to bring THIS world to its original purpose?

My own answer is no, this is not why Christ came into the world, but I would like to hear what others say about this statement by the pastor.
I agree. Christ was not sent into this world to stop the corruption of the physical earth nor to stop or curb sin. Scripture plainly states in myriad places that the Son came to earth taking upon Himself human flesh to redeem a people for Himself. These "called out ones" (the elect) are called OUT of this world, albeit they still live in this world (Jh 17:14; 1Jh 2:15, 5:18-21; 2Cor 6:14-18; et al) . They are separate and separated from this world being sanctified by the indwelling Spirit in preparation for the New Heaven and New Earth where righteousness dwells. Restoration of this world cannot be done by 'Social Justice', 'racial equality', 'gender identity', 'climate change', etc., etc., ad nauseam. Restoration will be done by God's hand by first destroying the present world by fire and then being re-made. The result will make the original world pale in comparison to its beauty and perfection (cf. 2 Pet 3).

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]