Donations for the month of May

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,792
Posts54,932
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,464
Tom 4,533
chestnutmare 3,325
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,867
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Pilgrim 11
Tom 10
John_C 1
Recent Posts
American Election
by Pilgrim - Sun May 05, 2024 7:03 AM
Nouthetic Counseling
by Pilgrim - Sun May 05, 2024 6:55 AM
N.T. Wright
by Pilgrim - Fri May 03, 2024 6:47 PM
The Righteousness of God - Horatius Bonar
by Pilgrim - Wed May 01, 2024 7:44 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:50 AM
David Engelsma
by Pilgrim - Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#48983 Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
I recently read an article on Muslim persecution of Christians around the world and thought it was worth sharing here.

Not sure this is anything new, but it seems to me that this is more wide-spread than I remember it.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3135/muslim-persecution-of-christians-may-2012

Tom

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
I read through several of the articles on that website and there are some serious accusations made in regard to the persecution of non-Muslims world-wide. I'm wondering if any of them can be verified from other sources? It is well known that the Internet is not the most reliable source of factual information. rolleyes2

However, if what the majority of the reports and articles alleged as being true, then people really need to be informed of the dangers inherent with the Islam religion. Political Correctness and demands for Toleration (a hypocritical venture on its face) is certainly a contributing factor to the problems of persecution by Muslims being faced in various places throughout the world.

What ideas do you have in regard to government policy, if any, to prevent this type of thing happening in the West, where you live? scratchchin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
What ideas do you have in regard to government policy, if any, to prevent this type of thing happening in the West, where you live?

I am not sure about government policy; however I will say that this kind of thing should not be allowed to happen. The people doing the persecution should be prosecuted to the furthest extent of the law. Not sure however, what our government can really do against other countries that foster this kind of persecution

I will say however, that knowing the way people are and how laws are being interpreted these days. Such laws will be used against Christians who preach on passages such as Romans 1:24-32. They will try to prosecute them for what they call persecution against homosexuals.

However, that is already happening.
How about you, what are your ideas?

Tom

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Because of the inherently violent nature of Islam as a religion according to how Muslims are to act toward "infidels", if a Muslim is caught/accused of violence against anyone, not just Christians, it is my unreserved opinion that they not only be prosecuted for their crime but after the sentence is served, they be deported from the US/Canada without possibility of returning forever.

However, given that the modern judicial system is too often 'soft on crime', and that most western governments are more concerned about being "politically correct", it is doubtful any such action would ever be taken.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Because of the inherently violent nature of Islam as a religion according to how Muslims are to act toward "infidels", if a Muslim is caught/accused of violence against anyone, not just Christians, it is my unreserved opinion that they not only be prosecuted for their crime but after the sentence is served, they be deported from the US/Canada without possibility of returning forever.

However, given that the modern judicial system is too often 'soft on crime', and that most western governments are more concerned about being "politically correct", it is doubtful any such action would ever be taken.

Pilgrim

I thought of some comments and questions related to your opinions.

You mentioned "inherently violent nature of Islam". I agree with you that the Koran instructs its followers to violence towards "infidels". However, would you agree that in North America most Muslims are actually liberals when it comes to the interpretation of the Koran in much the same way that liberal Christianity (oxymoron) is?
I have heard however from sources that the Koran allows its followers to lie if it is to deceive "infidels". So, when I think about that I can't help but to think that many liberal Muslims in North America could possibly be waiting for the most opportune time in which to do violence against "infidels".

Is that a logical thought?
Tom

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by Tom
I thought of some comments and questions related to your opinions.

You mentioned "inherently violent nature of Islam". I agree with you that the Koran instructs its followers to violence towards "infidels". However, would you agree that in North America most Muslims are actually liberals when it comes to the interpretation of the Koran in much the same way that liberal Christianity (oxymoron) is?
I have heard however from sources that the Koran allows its followers to lie if it is to deceive "infidels". So, when I think about that I can't help but to think that many liberal Muslims in North America could possibly be waiting for the most opportune time in which to do violence against "infidels".

Is that a logical thought?
1. I cannot comment on how North American Muslims interpret the Koran nor if they are "nominal" in their beliefs (mostly giving lip service to their religion). My personal knowledge is woefully insufficient for me to make any kind of judgment.

2. Yes, it is my understanding also that Islam allows its adherents to lie to 'infidels' in order to accomplish their end. Jehovah's Witnesses have a similar doctrine which allows them to lie to non-Witnesses because non-adherents are of the Devil and no one needs tell the truth to the Devil since he is the Father of Lies, according to them.

3. Again, I do not have sufficient information to even speculate that these 'liberal Muslims' as you call them, are 'waiting for the most opportune time in which to do violence'. What I do believe firmly is that if a situation arose which required Muslims to choose between democracy or Islam, the vast majority would unequivocally choose their religion and act accordingly, contra most professing Christians in the West would quickly abandon any connection they claimed to Christianity if the right pressure was presented. After all, most professing Christians (I am using the term in its broadest sense here) do not live according to the will of God as revealed in Scripture nor desire to nor even know what the will of God is. If ignorance is bliss, then most professing Christians must already be in heaven. rolleyes2

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,515,166 Gospel truth