I have found some good reading about the reformation and the Puritan era on A Puritan's Mind.com

I've really enjoyed learning more about these two time periods. I definitely see a lack of piety among the church today. I had a long talk with a good brother of mine yesterday on the issue of the lack of respect of God's sovereignty. I find myself in bible studies, small groups and Sunday school classes all the time talking about the sovereignty of God, piety, sanctification and the saints and I witness so much confussion and doubt. That's why I advocate bible study and prayer. I believe these are the two main areas where the body is lacking. I have been working really hard in the last year or so and I can see slow progress within the body. I keep on preaching bible reading and an active prayer life and I can see it convicting people but I can see the Lord using it to work in their hearts. I keep praying for a day when the body again will hold dear to pious living.

Y.B.I.C,

Dave.

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. - Galatians 2:16