Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Originally Posted by Hitch
I think it is because they simply cant find anything and have arrived at an ethical quandary .It is possible they they have gotten used to this forum being so small and the public aspect of it slipped their mind. As you say if they are correct and Madison is guilty of disrespect Pilgrim and Chestnut have a real christian duty to inform the Marines and any one else who has or might be inclined to use this music thinking it is fine. Something tells me they will not.

Take care

H
There is no quandary whatsoever. I for one stated my objection to the video quite clearly to which you took offense, perhaps even more than the offense I found with the video.
You were clear in saying you though it disrepectful of the national anthem. You were not clear in stating why and how it was so .Thats is all I asked for and the evidence is clear I could not understand your position and neither could Tom, gee Pilgrim thats 100% of the non Staff membership that responded on this thread.
1. The music played is ROCK & ROLL, or call it what you like if not R&R, but the incontrovertible fact is that the music played is WORLDLY which is co-mingled with the name of God which is in the lyrics. That is my main objection whether you accept that or not, which obviously you do not. The secondary objection is that the same rejectionable music is used for the National Anthem, aka: The Star Spangled Banner, written by Francis Scott Key. The historical context of the original writing of this song is hardly represented by this type of music and I personally find it dishonoring.
well you already know how ridiculous this notion is so theres no point in going over that again. What is worth going over is still the same,from before the post was even put back up I had requested an explanation. None cane until now.
2. If 50 million Marines like it, it doesn't make it any less offensive, disrespectful to the song and unquestionably, no less a violation of the Third Commandment.
now we can measure your ego.
3. My basis for the offense and rejection of this video, and and all similar attempts to co-mingle the world's debauchery with that which is honorable and good is biblically based and which teaching I have often written on this Board.
Good for you I've never seen it
So, it come as no surprise to you and you would be remiss for dismissing it as a valid and/or sincere reason for my objection.
Pilgrim you're really bad at guessing what other folks know and believe ,give it up. It came as a complete surprise to me I had no idea you carried any such objection
Perhaps you are also "moved" with much appreciation for Shai Linne's co-mingling his devilish "hip-hop/rap" music with the Westminster Shorter Catechism? Some very notable pastors think this is god-honoring and a boon to evangelism, etc. So that must mean that what he is doing is unassailable also?
Ho hum never heard of him but thanks for showing once again your disgusting side, I guess you cant help it.
4. However, what is no less pressing at this point is your unbridled contentiousness, misrepresentation of what has been written by those who oppose the video, and disrespect here.
I 've been clear my objection was and is and shall be you public disparegament of these young men with out showing cause. You are free to pretend other wise all you want but you and I both know the truth of the matter.
It has been asked that you step back and examine yourself in regard to your belligerent attitude. One can plainly see from looking at the number of replies you have in this thread compared to all others combined and it is obvious you are out of control of your emotions and have shown little objectivity in dealing with the subject.
Really ? I thought I did pretty well in not addressing the snide ,belittling aspects of your first post. You have quite a talent for carefully worded insults and innuendos. No Pilgrim I dint miss them I just over looked them
Regardless where you stand on the music issue, I will not tolerate this type of behavior here from you nor anyone else. You have been around here for many years and know the Guidelines and seen how those who have chosen to ignore them have been dealt with for the benefit of the community. We/I make no exceptions. What is right, is right and I make no apologies for it.
You make exception for yourself, see #2 your first post this thread.
Thus, the proverbial "ball" is in your court. You may retain your view but you will NOT be allowed to retain the insulting, misrepresentation, flaming, badgering, etc. when addressing others here. I assume this is clear enough for you! scold
Like I said Pilgrim Im no match for your ability at subtle insult and innuendo, it just doesnt suit me.

All of this trash could have been avoided with a simple explanation as was requested from before the first post .. And I;ll stand to say once again ;It was deceptive on the part of The Highway to say,imply or intone that any of this had anything to do with tastes in music at all. Completely wrong completely out of line and completely cynical.

I will also repeat that I would never post any version of the Star Spangled Banner that I believed to be any thing but true to the patriotism and fear of God of the original, sadly that is not true of The Highway.