Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,781
Posts54,881
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,865
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 PM
Change in NRSVue text note on 1 John 5:7
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 AM
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
#43044 Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:02 AM
OP Offline
I would like to encourage "all" who participate here to prayerfully consider making a donation to this site.Each of us that use the Discussion Board and the other many valuable resources understand what a priviledge it is to be able to find answers to our questions either for private study or for teaching purposes.
Several circumstances have created a most urgent need for financial help. The owners here are most humble and reluctant to ask therefore I am asking that even if you are a casual user to please consider a donation to help keep this site online.
This site has been invaluable to me in learning what the Reformed faith is really about. Calvinism was a dirty word to me for years until the Lord led me here where I discovered the truth. I would not want to see this site go away so please help.

[Linked Image]
sojourner #43047 Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:17 AM
The Boy Wonder
The Boy Wonder
I too owe a lot to the Highway! It has been a wonderful blessing to have this resource available. The rich, vast library, the challenging discussions, the prayer support, and friendship I have found here is incalculable.

And like you, Sojourner, I too was taught to believe that Calvinism was "a dirty word," but after coming to sovereign grace on my own, confronted by Scripture, it was here that I discovered that these wonderful truths have a name - and I was stunned the first time I heard it called "Calvinism!"

Thank God for the Highway! And thank the Highway for not being ashamed of the gospel!

A Highway "fanboy,"
Robin

sojourner #43404 Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:17 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I also would like to join Sojourner and Robin in appealing to others to support The Highway.

Johan

Johan #43918 Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:21 PM
Old Hand
Old Hand
Merry Christmas to All!

It's been a while since I've frequented the Highway on a regular basis (entirely due to the time constraints) but my heart remains firmly fixed to this little corner of the internet. Therefore, I read with interest the posts regarding the financial needs of the Highway. As I read aloud, my husband and I felt compelled to donate. I do not tell you this because I want you to know we've given--in fact, I feel a bit uncomfortable speaking about it because we prefer to keep that between us and the Lord. However, I do want to take the opportunity to tell you WHY we feel it is so important to support the Highway. Maybe in reading about how the Highway has enriched our lives you will come to see how effective the ministry of the Highway has been in just our little family and how its influence has been spread by our quiet lives.

Years ago, the Lord directed me to the Highway when I was searching for information about one theological or doctrinal topic or another. I don't remember which brought me here first--infant baptism, predestination, sanctification--there were so many things I had to learn as God began 'reforming' me. (For a while our printer was so busy we thought it might be a good idea for us to invest in a paper company or HP printers--I was so busy printing off articles and studying them!) Those articles have been passed through our family and beyond.

Eventually I had read enough that I began to have questions that needed answers and I explored the Discussion Board. What I found there was more than just answers to my questions; I found loving correction when my understanding of doctrine wasn't quite 'there' yet and a group of friends who were willing to take time to share with me, answer my questions, and challenge my thinking (Jeff/Pilgrim chief among them.)

I can't tell you how many times he and others took time with me. The last piece of the reformed puzzle to fall into place for me was infant baptism. Oh, how I wanted to just ignore that issue and set it aside but the Lord kept bringing it up, over and over. It took some time but one day after years of struggling, Jeff said something simple and clear and finally it 'clicked.' I have never forgotten that because that was the same piece that also made Covenant Theology clear in my mind as never before!

I wonder how many books I now have on my shelf directly because of recommendations I received here at the Highway! We have built a wonderful library of reformed books--both theological and devotional--and we've lent them over and over to others as they began to come to us with questions.

The influence of the Highway has extended into the conversations around our dinner table, into the Bible Studies we have led and participated in, into the Sunday School classes we have taught, into our conversations with friends and neighbors. In short, it has permeated our lives in a remarkable way.

I could tell you about the times that Pilgrim gave us helpful advice with our computer, when he suggested excellent hardware and software or about the times he gave me counsel and encouragement when we were going through a very dark time in our church. I could go on and on, but instead I'll just say this: Won't you take a few minutes and really stop to think about the many ways God has used the Highway in your lives and, by extension, in the lives of those around you? Think about all those wonderful articles that would be gone and all the broken links that would cascade across the internet if the Highway should be no more. I think that if you will do that small thing, you, too, will be compelled to give a gift to ensure that the Highway continues to be a place 'where fools can walk and not go astray.'

Merry Christmas and may God bless you and keep you in His ways in the days and years to come!

Kim Shenberger (Gotribe)

Trust the past to God's mercy, the present to God's love and the future to God's providence." - St. Augustine
Hiraeth
sojourner #53905 Wed May 31, 2017 9:59 AM
Plebeian
Plebeian
I am sorry that I can not support. I even don t have credit card.

Soli Deo gloria
sojourner #53906 Wed May 31, 2017 11:16 AM
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley
Milan, thank you for even thinking of this. The Lord has blessed some with means and it is for them to help and support The Highway. Pray for the site and for those who run it that they might be kept faithful.

Welcome to the group. It is so nice to meet brethren from all parts of the world. thewave We hope you will enjoy and find benefit from your time spent here.

The Chestnut Mare
sojourner #53912 Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:41 AM
Plebeian
Plebeian
Thank you for your welcome!

Soli Deo gloria

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,457 Gospel truth