Donations for the month of June

We have received a total of "$0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
John_C
John_C
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,523
Posts53,959
Members969
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,219
Tom 4,217
chestnutmare 3,210
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,838
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Pilgrim 12
Tom 9
jta 8
Meta4 3
John_C 3
Recent Posts
Roe is Dead. Praise God!!!!
by Tom - Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:43 PM
Travel Story
by Tom - Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:23 PM
The Spiritual Profit of Fuller Delight in God's Perfections
by Pilgrim - Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:07 AM
how often we fall, even when our intention is good
by chestnutmare - Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:04 PM
The Spiritual Profit of Firmer Trust in God's Sufficiency
by Pilgrim - Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:39 AM
Dominion Theology
by Pilgrim - Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:10 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#45070 Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:51 AM
Pops Offline OP
Plebeian
OP Offline
Plebeian
Well, not really a Bible as such but what I have done is go through certain NT books and turn what are normally regarded as commands or instructions into prayers.
One can pray these in the first person or substitute the "I/me' with a friends name.
I did this based on certain thoughts along the lines of Eph 6: 17, 18. Lemme know waht ya think! wink

Galatians 1

Lord I pray that my ministry would be through You Lord Jesus and from God my Father

Lord I pray for the churches that gather here in my suburb and area; God, my Father & my Lord Jesus Christ, give them Your grace & peace.

Lord Jesus You gave Yourself for my sins that You might deliver me from the present evil age. You did this in accordance with the will of our God & Father, to whom I give glory forever & ever, AMEN!

Surely if You did that, & I receive it as a gift, I can receive grace & peace!

Protect me Lord that I may never turn away at any time from You & Your calling in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not a gospel at all.
Protect me Lord from those who would trouble me & who want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
Save me from ever becoming someone like that.

Lord, deal with people, even an angel from heaven, if they preach any other gospel to what we have received from You & Your apostles.
I ask You again Lord, deal with such as would pervert Your gospel.

Lord keep me focused and seeking Your approval, not man's approval. Help me to please You God, not men. Keep me a true servant of Christ.

Lord, should I ever be in the position of having a 'new angle' on the gospel, may it never be something I have received from man, I pray that any such revelation would only come through You, Jesus Christ.

Lord, may I never become a persecutor of the Church of God, never trying or doing anything against the Church of God. No matter how much I think I know, keep me on Your path Lord.

Thank You God that even from my mothers womb You seperated me & You called me through Your grace.
You revealed Your Son in me, thank You Father, & should You want me to preach or minister in any way, I wait for You to lead me & guide me.

Give us godly men to lead the Church Lord, Your approved men for Your Church.
Save those who persecute & try to destroy Your Church Lord. Turn them around so that they would become those who would now build the Church instead; & God, You would be glorified in them.

Pops #45076 Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:16 AM
Pops Offline OP
Plebeian
OP Offline
Plebeian
CHAPTER 2

Lord, help me to be a team player & to be led by You & Your Spirit.

May I never be afraid of having my teachings checked out by those who are more Godly than I.

Let me never impose any form of legalism.

Protect me from false brethren & preserve the liberty I have in Christ Jesus.

May I never yield in submission to them, ever, but may I rather continue with the truth of the gospel.

Let me not be swayed or influenced by people, who in worldly terms & standards, seem to be something; Help me to follow Your example God & not show personal favouritism to any man – shield me from those who seem to be something adding anything to me.

May it be evident to others that the gospel for my field of work has Your blessing & Lord, please work effectively in me toward that field of work You have called me to.

May Your grace be evident upon me so that Your other labourers would grant me the right hand of fellowship.

Help me to never forget the poor.

Lord help me to stand for what is right, to never separate myself from those You would have me work amongst because of fear for others.

Keep me from hypocrisy Lord.

May I never lead a double life, but rather be straight forward about the truth of the gospel.

May I never adjust my life to match and impress those around me, to suit them.

Remind me Lord of what I already know, that it is not my adjustments to my lifestyle that justify me, NO! It is by faith in Jesus Christ & His divinely implanted principles in my life & as I trust & believe in Jesus Christ to change me from the inside out that I am justified, by the divine principles implanted by Christ & not by my religious strivings.
For by those religious strivings, which depend on my strength of character & will power, I can never justify my entire being.

Lord as I submit myself to You, allowing You to change me, I know I still miss the mark; I also know I can not blame You.

Forgive me Lord for reverting back to my old ways & making myself a transgressor.

Remind me that through the Old Testament law, You died to fulfill the law's requirements regarding sins penalty, & You did that in my place so that I may now live to God.

Thank You Jesus that I have been crucified with You; may I no longer push my way of living, rather let me allow You to live through me & in me so that the life I now live will be by faith in You, the Son of God, living through me.

Thank You for loving me & thank You for giving Yourself for me.

May I never set aside the grace of God; never try to be righteous through the law; may I never do anything that would make it seem that Christ died in vain.

Pops #45115 Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:38 PM
Pops Offline OP
Plebeian
OP Offline
Plebeian
CHAPTER 3

Keep me from foolishness Lord.

May I never be bewitched & not be obedient to the truth.

Thank You Lord for Jesus Christ & Him crucified.

Thank You that I received the Spirit by the hearing of faith & not by works of the law.

Stop me from ever being foolish & thinking that I could ever be made perfect by my own strength or abilities instead of by the Spirit.

Thank You for the work the Spirit began in me, may it never be in vain.

Thank You for the supply of the Spirit to me, for working miracles among us & I ask that You keep me hearing by faith.

May I be as Abraham in Genesis 15: “Believing God & it was accounted to him for righteousness”.

Keep me Lord, of faith, a son of Abraham.

Thank You for the scriptures Lord.

Thank You that You foresaw us being justified by faith.

Thank You for the preaching of the gospel so long ago to Abraham when You said “In you all the nations of the earth shall be blessed.”

Father may we be of faith & may You bless us as You blessed Abraham.

Keep me from doing the works of the law, & as a consequence thereof being cursed.
Deuteronomy 27 tells me: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all the things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

God, in Habakkuk You said: “The just shall live by faith” so help me to continue in faith & not try to be justified by the law for the law is not of faith.
I do not want to try keep the law for then I must live by the law, as per Leviticus 18.

Thank You Jesus for redeeming me from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us – Deuteronomy 21 tells us: “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree.” - & by that, the blessing of Abraham has become available to me, in Christ Jesus, that I may receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Even man's covenant, if confirmed, can not be annuled or added to. Lord, You made Your promises to Abraham & his seed, not many seeds but one seed, who is Christ.

Thank You Father that even though the law was added 430 years later, it can not annul the covenant confirmed before You in Christ, & make the promise of no effect.

Thank You Father that the inheritance is not of the law but of promise, & You gave it to Abraham by promise.

Help me to understand the purpose that the law serves, how it kept me under guard & was my tutor to bring me to Christ, that I might be justified by faith.

Thank You that I am a son of God through faith in Christ Jesus & having been baptised into Christ, I have put on Christ.

Lord keep me from all cultural, racial, social and gender prejudice – Thank You that we are all one in Christ Jesus.

Help me to treat everyone the same, in Christ Jesus.

Thank You that I am Christ's & an heir according to the promise as I am now, in Christ, Abrahams seed.

CHAPTER 4

Father I thank You that when the fullness of time had come, You sent forth Your Son, born of a woman, born under the law & He has redeemed me & I have received the adoption as sons.

I pray for those under bondage of the elements of the world, that they could be set free from their slavery, that they would be redeemed by Your Son.

Thank You Father that for me, Your son, You sent forth the Spirit of Your Son into my heart, crying out “Abba Father” from within me.

Thank You that I am no longer a slave, but a son & an heir of God through Christ.

Indeed, when I did not know God, I served those which by nature are not god's; may You keep me from ever doing that again Lord.

Now after I have known God, or rather that He is now intimately acquainted with me, protect me from ever turning again to the weak & beggarly elements, keep me from any desire to again be in bondage.
In the same manner, keep all Your children Lord.

Keep us from observing days, months, seasons & years. Keep all Your sons from this Lord, so that our labours for them would not be in vain.

Lord help us to follow Godly examples in Godly men. To receive them & their teaching as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.
May I never become their enemy just because they tell me the truth.

Protect me from those who court me, even zealously, but for no good. Protect me from those who want to exclude me, to have me zealous for them.

Keep me zealous in a good thing always, not just when important people are watching.

Lord I pray that Christ would be formed in me.

Lord, may I never desire to be under the law. Keep my focus on the fact that I am now a child of the free woman & not of the bondwoman.

Lord if I am persecuted by those born of the flesh, help me, by Your Spirit who gave me birth, to endure.
If they infiltrate our ranks, help me to follow Your instruction in Genesis 21:
“Cast out the bondwoman & her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the free woman.”

Lord, thank You that I am not a child of the bondwoman but of the free woman.

CHAPTER 5.

Father thank You for the liberty by which Christ has made me free.

Help me to stand fast in that liberty & to never be entangled with a yoke of bondage again.

Lord protect me from all aspects of the law, for if I even apply one aspect then I am a debtor to keep the whole law & Christ will be of no benefit to me.

Lord keep me from any attempt to be justified by the law, from falling from grace & becoming estranged from Christ.

Thank You for the Spirit Lord, through the Spirit I eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

In You Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything; Help me to work out my faith through love.

Keep me running well Lord, may no-one hinder me from obeying the truth.
I know You who called me would not persuade me like that.

Again Lord, keep me from even one small & seemingly insignificant point of the law, for a little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Lord, in You, keep my mind on Your truth, & may those who trouble me, those spiritual forces, may they bear their judgement.

Lord keep me from ever preaching legalism, even if I must endure persecution. Keep me preaching the Cross even if that offends people.

Thank You for calling me to liberty, but keep me from using liberty as an opportunity for the flesh & to appease my selfish desires; rather Lord, may I through love, serve others.

If there is one law I can keep it must be this one from Leviticus 5 “You shall love your neighbour as yourself.”

Lord, keep me from biting & devouring my brethren so that we would not consume one another.

Lord help me for I want to walk in the Spirit & by so doing, not fulfill the lust of my flesh.

My flesh lusts against Your Spirit & Your Spirit 'lusts' for me, against the flesh; they are contrary to one another & I confess that I do not do the things I wish.
So help me to be led by the Spirit & not to be under the law.

Lord, by Your Spirit, I renounce the works of the flesh: Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkeness, revelries & the like.
Lord as I walk in Your Spirit keep me from practicing these things so I may inherit the Kingdom of God.

Instead Lord, let the fruit of the Spirit, as He works in, through & with me, come out in my life: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness & Self control, For there is no law against any of these.

Lord I am Yours, help me to crucify the flesh with it's passions & desires. I want to not only live in the Spirit Lord, but I also want to walk in the Spirit.

Keep me from becoming conceited or from provoking others, or envying others.

CHAPTER 6

Lord, if there are things in my life that are morally wrong, where I am missing the truth, guide me please. Bring such things into the open.

If a brother brings his issues of the same nature to me, give me a gentle spirit to restore him.

Help me to not be tempted in the same issues Lord.

Strengthen me so I can bear anothers burden Lord, that I can fulfill Your command in John 13 “Love one another as I have loved you, that you also love one another.”

Keep me from deceiving myself, thinking I am something when in fact, outside of You Jesus, I am nothing.

Let me test my own work & progress for then I can rejoice in what You are doing in me & not just in other people's testimonies; there is more than enough to sort out in my life, let me focus on those things.

For those who teach me in Your Word, remind me to share my good things with them.

Keep me from being deceived & thinking I can fool God; You have a simple principle for everything: what I sow I shall reap.
So guide me Lord & restrain me from sowing to my flesh, for from my flesh I shall only reap more decay.

Rather help me to sow to the Spirit, that new nature in me, because then Your Holy Spirit will give me that full, active & resurrected life in all it's manifestations.

Lord strengthen me so that I will not grow weary in doing good to others, for I know I shall reap benefits. So as I am presented with opportunities, help me to do good to everyone, especially to other believers.

Lord, there are those who would try mislead us & deceive us & catch us out. They do this to turn attention from themselves.

Protect us from them Lord that they can never boast about how they caught us.

Lord God, keep me from boasting about anything but the Cross of my Lord Jesus Christ by whom the world has been crucified to me & I to the world – Thank You Jesus!

Help me to understand that in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision or un-circumcision means anything. What counts is that I am a new creature.

Help me walk my life by this spiritual fact, that Your peace & mercy may be on me & all the true children of God.

May I never trouble anyone Lord, especially those who are clearly Yours.

Lord Jesus, may Your grace be with my entire being. Amen!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 39 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Cliniql, John E, ManassehAmerican, jta, DiscipleEddie
969 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
June
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,347,977 Gospel truth