Donations for the month of December

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Robin
Robin
Lake Park, Georgia USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,321
Posts53,356
Members965
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,072
Tom 4,079
chestnutmare 3,087
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,820
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 24
Pilgrim 16
Meta4 5
John_C 2
Robin 2
Recent Posts
Progressive Christianity
by Tom - Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:47 PM
Growth for the Present
by NetChaplain - Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:06 PM
Spurgeon
by DiscipleEddie - Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:32 AM
Nero
by Meta4 - Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:56 PM
Gracious High Priest
by NetChaplain - Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:05 PM
A Discourse on the Cleansing Virtue of Christ's Blood
by Pilgrim - Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:44 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#50074 Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:38 PM
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Is it wise that conservatives press the House to vote to defund Obama care leading to a government shut down or does that play into the Liberal's hands?

Hitch #50087 Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:02 PM
Head Honcho
Online Content
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by Hitch
Is it wise that conservatives press the House to vote to defund Obama care leading to a government shut down or does that play into the Liberal's hands?
The conservatives have an obligation to repeal Obamacare, not simply to defund it. That piece of legislation was voted on before anyone had the opportunity to even read it. Thus the Republication "establishment" is guilty of duplicity and owes it to their constituency to repeal it outright.

As far as the government being shutdown, it isn't going to have any significant negative effect on the country, if any at all. The only people that would possibly feel the pinch would be the government unionized workers who are way overpaid for the little they do. The politicians are the ones who have thrown this country to the wolves and gotten us in perhaps unrecoverable debt. If a privately owned business was in this much financial trouble, they would be forced into bankruptcy and the owners castigated for mismanagement.

Politicians and Diapers Need Changing for the Same Reason

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #50089 Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:30 PM
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
The conservatives have an obligation to repeal Obamacare, not simply to defund it. That piece of legislation was voted on before anyone had the opportunity to even read it. Thus the Republication "establishment" is guilty of duplicity and owes it to their constituency to repeal it outright.
Agreed
As far as the government being shutdown, it isn't going to have any significant negative effect on the country, if any at all. The only people that would possibly feel the pinch would be the government unionized workers who are way overpaid for the little they do.
In reality I reckon your're correct, but the question here is whether this will play into the Liberal aganda. There is no doubt the media will play the negative up against the GOP , the question left is will they be effective. I've heard it will and it wont and I know for sure political strategies are not my thing.
The politicians are the ones who have thrown this country to the wolves and gotten us in perhaps unrecoverable debt. If a privately owned business was in this much financial trouble, they would be forced into bankruptcy and the owners castigated for mismanagement.

Politicians and Diapers Need Changing for the Same Reason
Its important we dont come out swinging for the fence but take a long term approach.

Last edited by Hitch; Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:43 PM.
Hitch #50090 Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:53 PM
Head Honcho
Online Content
Head Honcho
In reality I reckon your're correct, but the question here is whether this will play into the Liberal aganda. There is no doubt the media will play and negative up against the GOP , the question left is will they be effectve.
No, the question is... Will those serving the people do what is RIGHT, i.e., stand firm on PRINCIPLE and not concern themselves with some pragmatic concern, e.g., what the liberal media will write about them. The majority of the people of this country were openly opposed to Obamacare and it is about time the elected officals who represent them voted according to the wishes of the people on this one.

Some democrats and republicans who voted for stricter gun laws have been recalled and replaced already. I hope that if the "establishment" GOP doesn't do the right thing on this issue, they will be recalled as well. What is most needed at this hour is a thorough cleansing of Washington. New young blood with traditional, moral and Constitutionally conservative views need to take over... aka: pipe dream!

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #50091 Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:37 PM
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
In reality I reckon your're correct, but the question here is whether this will play into the Liberal aganda. There is no doubt the media will play and negative up against the GOP , the question left is will they be effectve.
No, the question is... Will those serving the people do what is RIGHT, i.e., stand firm on PRINCIPLE and not concern themselves with some pragmatic concern, e.g., what the liberal media will write about them.
Sounds good and Im' of the mind in this instance it will prove effective, but then I never believed OBO would get a second term . That said I'm much more concerned with winning the Senate back in 2014 than this vote.
The majority of the people of this country were openly opposed to Obamacare and it is about time the elected officals who represent them voted according to the wishes of the people on this one.
I belive a scriptural point we tend to ignore applies directly to politics in general and this (Obamacare) in particular; Deuteronomy 7:22
And the Lord thy God will put out those nations before thee by little and little: thou mayest not consume them at once, lest the beasts of the field increase upon thee.
[quote]Some democrats and republicans who voted for stricter gun laws have been recalled and replaced already. I hope that if the "establishment" GOP doesn't do the right thing on this issue, they will be recalled as well. What is most needed at this hour is a thorough cleansing of Washington. New young blood with traditional, moral and Constitutionally conservative views need to take over... aka: pipe dream!
]

Certainly its a pipe dream to expect such in one or two elections. God has all the time there is and so we ,above all others, should take a long term outlook.

Last edited by Hitch; Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:38 PM.
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict

From Sen. Obama’s Floor Speech, March 20, 2006:

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

President Obama 9/13

“Now, this debt ceiling – I just want to remind people in case you haven’t been keeping up – raising the debt ceiling, which has been done over a hundred times, does not increase our debt; it does not somehow promote profligacy. All it does is it says you got to pay the bills that you’ve already racked up, Congress. It’s a basic function of making sure that the full faith and credit of the United States is preserved.”

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 34 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
DiscipleEddie, atdcross, NetChaplain, winslowlady, Zach
965 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,304,249 Gospel truth