Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,787
Posts54,918
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,457
Tom 4,528
chestnutmare 3,324
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,866
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 15
Pilgrim 12
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Anthony C. - Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:57 PM
David Engelsma
by Pilgrim - Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 AM
The Jewish conservative political commentators
by Tom - Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 AM
The United Nations
by Tom - Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:04 PM
Did Jesus Die of "Natural Causes"? by Dr. Paul Elliott
by Pilgrim - Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:39 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#51749 Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:38 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
The following blog and video was put on a Reformed Baptist web site.
http://www.dennyburk.com/im-marco-rubio-and-i-approve-this-message/#comments
Perhaps it should not surprise me, but Denny Burk who usually is quite good when it comes to Reformed issues, after watching the video on Marco Rubio thinks is a genuine believer. Despite the fact that Rubio says he believes all the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.
What is even stranger to me is that in the comment section Denny Burk says he is on the side of RC Sproul when it comes to ECT. Why then can’t he see his inconsistency?
What do you think?
Tom

Tom #51750 Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:48 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
I watched the video and then read ALL of the comments thereafter. And, my conclusion is that there is a whole bunch of people who are very confused about what Scripture teaches re: salvation. Most sound "Evanjellical" (aka: semi-Pelagian), one was a Roman Catholic and one stood out as sound; Reformed. Whether Rubio is actually regenerate I cannot discern since I do not know the man and have never communicated with him. But the weight surely is against him regardless of how 'orthodox' he appears to undiscerning people. Oh, and I won't be voting for him regardless of his 'faith'. evilgrin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #51751 Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:59 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim
I agree the evidence seems to be against him; though I don't know the man.
As you know, I live in Canada, so I could not vote for him even if I wanted to.
I will say however, that it appears to me that who is the best candidate for the job isn't very clear at all.
Even though, some of the sentiments that Donald Trump has, I share. To be frank, he comes accross as someone I couldn't trust.
Most people I have heard talk about him think of him as a joke, who seems to be garnering a lot of support.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:02 PM.
Tom #51752 Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:13 PM
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley
The left (Dems and RINOs) would have people believe Trump is a buffoon, a joke, a wild haired, bombastic man who can't be trusted. They are the ones who are owned by the political elite who are extremely well funded. THAT is what I wouldn't trust. Trump scares the willies out of them because he cannot and will not be controlled by them. That is something I like. Follow the money trail and it will usually lead you to the source of someone's opinion. Trump does not appear to be ruled by these elites. He may seem rude as he speaks his mind but the real question should be asked: "Is he right?"

We live in a world ruled by deceitful people who will not relinquish their control no matter how this power is obtained. This sort of thing might be expected from Democrats but it is worse when it is done by the RINOs [Republicans In Name Only] for they are the party that claims to adhere to a platform which is most closely aligned with the US Constitution yet, their behavior betrays them as not being truly Republican. This is a most dangerous party. Sort of like Churches which claim to embrace orthodoxy but then redefined terms so that it is difficult to discern how far off they really are.

The Chestnut Mare
Tom #51753 Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:04 PM
The Boy Wonder
The Boy Wonder
I like Senator Cruz in the primary. I also like Governor Huckabee. But if Trump wins the nomination (which I suspect could be the outcome unless the "establishment" manages a brokered convention), I will support him in the general election.

Robin #51754 Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:30 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
I like the fact Trump comes off as a strong man, who will not be swayed. America needs strong leadership. However, I have watched him on a few occasions and he actually said he knew his Bible and proceeded to quote something from memory.
I can't remember the supposed Bible quote, however the quote did not sound like anything I have read before and I read an article written on that issue by a Reformed pastor and he said the same thing.
Understand here, when I vote for someone I do so on the basis of who is the most qualified, not because they are a Christian.
However, if someone claims to be a Christian and even quotes a Bible verse and the evidence makes one doubt their claim. I think that is very telling.
Another thing, although I am very leery about accepting these Muslim immigrants; Trump appears to be going even further than this to the point of going against American policy for religious freedom and going against Muslim Americans. I think this is dangerous, because although it is already happening in Canada and the US, it will make it even harder on Christians.
Understand here, I think Trump and other politicians should be going to so called “Moderate Muslims” to get them to speak out louder against radical Islam. However, that is a lot different than he seems to be saying.
By the way, the sentiments I talked about concerning Trump being a joke were from Reformed Christians in both Canada and the USA. In most of these the word “joke” was not used, however they made themselves clear of what they meant.
Tom

Tom #51755 Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:21 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Actually, from what I have read, Trump's suggestion to stop all Muslims from entering the country is within US immigration policy which has never been challenged as unconstitutional. Further, his desire to roundup all illegal aliens and ship them out of the country is not some novel idea that he dreamed up. nope It has been done before, e.g., Eisenhower did it when he was President. "Moderate Muslims" is a nice term, Tom, but I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever, that if/when the more radical (consistent) Muslims begin to wage war against Canada/US to implement Sharia Law, the Moderate Muslims will choose to join the jihad as it is one of the fundamental commands of Islam. READ YOUR HISTORY and you will see or be reminded how the Muslims dominated much of Europe through mass murder, rape and torture, see e.g., Why We Are Afraid, A 1400 Year Secret. Oh, and why don't you ask Greece, Sweden, France, etc., how their Leftist policies on allowing Muslims into their country is working out for them? giggle

Now, as for Trump's religious views. I'm not sure where he plants his feet? When we heard him speak here (overflowing crowd, even with limited tickets given out) a Greek Orthodox priest gave part of the introductory remarks in Trump's behalf. In his short speech, he made it very clear that Trump was a strong pro-Life advocate, etc. Trump himself said he was very strong on protecting Second Amendment rights and other constitutional rights. He's certainly no angel from heaven, but he is most definitely one of the most conservative candidates of all who are running for President. There is more pejorative rhetoric and opposition coming from the Republican Party than there is from the Democratic Party. He is an ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT Republican which has had a death grip on the GOP for years and destroyed what it once stood for. It's hard to tell the difference between most Republican politicians and Democrat politicians when you look at their voting records. igiveup

Personally, I wouldn't be concerned about Trump. You have Justin Trudeau as Prime Minister who is carrying on the family tradition of destroying anything good in Canada. He has already brought in the first group of Syrian refugees and more are coming. Again, at least the majority of Americans are armed and can protect themselves against foreign oppression and/or as the Second Amendment states, against domestic tyranny from our own government. You guys are helpless and that was the plan of the Leftists all along. Remember, the countries with the strongest gun control laws have the highest percentage of murders and violence using guns. The US is way down on the list worldwide. evilgrin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #51756 Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:46 AM
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley
About what you said regarding Trump going against American Policy, take a look at this file (.doc) if you will and tell me where he is doing this. Presidents have previously used this law to prevent immigrants from coming into the country. Jimmy Carter was one, for example, who kept Iranians from entering the country during the time of the "Iran Crisis" in the late 70s.

Attached Images
GENERAL CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE VISAS AND EXCLUDED FROM ADMISSION.doc (54 KB, 2 downloads)
GENERAL CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE VISAS AND EXCLUDED FROM ADMISSION

The Chestnut Mare
chestnutmare #51757 Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:46 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Just to be clear, I was not talking about Muslim immigrants entering the country. In fact I said I am leery about that issue.
If what I read about immigrants is true, there is not one Muslim country that is excepting Muslims.

Pilgrim #51758 Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:24 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim
I used the term "moderate Muslims" mainly because that is the term bandied about. I actually think you are correct that these so called "moderate Muslims" will probably join the jihad. Personally, if I am reading all the information I have read about most Muslims is correct. Is the difference between radical Islam and moderate Islam, is they have the same ultimate goal to take over the world for Allah. However, their philosophy in doing that is different; radical Islam by terror and Moderate Islam by populating other countries and getting in to government to proclaim sharia law.

Another thing, I think is worth mentioning is the Koran allows Muslims to lie to "infidels" if it is for the cause of Allah.
So, with that in mind "moderate Islam” is probably more dangerous.

Just found out that Franklin Graham agrees with Trump. scratch1 Somehow I don't think his dad would.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:33 PM.
chestnutmare #51762 Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:57 PM
Permanent Resident
Permanent Resident
Not only that, but out current administration and State Department are practicing religious discrimination as they are prohibiting Christian refugees from Syria and Iran from immigrating into the country. For some reason we do not hear that, and most of the current candidates are not savvy enough to bring that out.

John Chaney

"having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith . . ." Colossians 2:7
Tom #51763 Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:05 PM
Permanent Resident
Permanent Resident
I like both Cruz and Rubio. Sure, Rubio hasn't broken away from Catholicism, but I dare say he is more knowledgeable about Christianity than most everyone on the stage.

Trump is a charlatan, and I wouldn't trust him. He has no religious background, and only says what he thinks his listeners want to hear. He supported the Democrats until a few years ago, and I haven't seen any response from him on why he has changed except for self-promotion. He said recently we needed more supreme court judges like his sister, who is a flaming liberal on the court who supports abortion rights and the homosexual agenda.

Although I think the conservative movement is basically dead, Trump would only put the finishing stab wound to it.

John Chaney

"having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith . . ." Colossians 2:7
John_C #51764 Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:19 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by John_C
He said recently we needed more supreme court judges like his sister, who is a flaming liberal on the court who supports abortion rights and the homosexual agenda.
That's more than strange because he is a strong pro-lifer. shrug

Oh, re: Rubio... He stood with Obama and the Liberals on the matter of Amnesty for millions of illegal aliens, who are draining the coffers dry with all the handouts while American citizens go without and many can't get the same 'benefits' given to them. igiveup

Last edited by Pilgrim; Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:22 PM.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #51769 Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:57 PM
You can call me a birther if you want to, but neither Rubio or Cruz are qualified to be president. Neither are "natural-born" citizens. Rubio, although born in Miami has Cuban parents. Cruz, born in Canada, had only one parent who at the time of his birth was an American citizen. I would call them naturalized, but not natural-born. Another way to be naturalized is to be born in a foreign country to foreign born parents and go through the naturalization process and pay the fees. Natural born means born on America soil ( or an American military base or an American embassy) to American citizens.

Consider Deut. 17:14-15 14 ¶ When thou art come unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me; 15 Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother.

I realize times have certainly changed since the Constitution was written, but I personally don't believe the founding fathers intent was to have naturalized rather than natural born citizens be president.

ATulipNotADaisy #51770 Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:12 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by ATulipNotADaisy
I realize times have certainly changed since the Constitution was written, but I personally don't believe the founding fathers intent was to have naturalized rather than natural born citizens be president.
Hmmmmm, methinks the following will clarify the issue:

Who is a natural-born citizen? Who, in other words, is a citizen at birth, such that that person can be a President someday?

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." But even this does not get specific enough. As usual, the Constitution provides the framework for the law, but it is the law that fills in the gaps. The Constitution authorizes the Congress to do create clarifying legislation in Section 5 of the 14th Amendment; the Constitution, in Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4, also allows the Congress to create law regarding naturalization, which includes citizenship.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"
• Anyone born inside the United States *
•Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
•Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
•Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
•Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
•A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.
http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,509,872 Gospel truth