Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Tom
Tom
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,781
Posts54,881
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,865
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 PM
Change in NRSVue text note on 1 John 5:7
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 AM
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#55192 Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:00 PM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Has anyone checked out thepropheticyears.com?

I have a friend who's been into it, and a lot of what I've seen makes a lot of sense. I'm still not sure about the guys beliefs, but I'm making my way through the statement of faith.

To say the least, it is most definitely an interesting site 3stooges and highly entertaining to read and stimulating for the mind of those who think of Revelation application and are attempting to remain aware of the goings on in this world in relation to end-time prophecy.

I know many try to stay away from such topics and discussions or even down-right avoid it! But I'm asking for thoughtful opinion and meaningful discussion here... maybe even some playful speculation, as creative mental challenge is always fun! spin

Anyhow, check out the site if you haven't and let me know what you think!

Cheers! cheers2

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Okay, I briefly ran through their "statement of faith" and I'd like to ask you what in that statement you found both good and bad, assuming you found both. grin

We can deal with the overall focus of the site after that. wink

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
He doesn't explicitly mention Calvinistic doctrine, but upon reading some of his articles, he seems reformed. Knowing that, when reading his statement of faith, I can see it assuming he presupposes a reformed view behind each point he makes. ie "There is one spiritual baptism for all believers, this occurs when they trust in Jesus to save them – In that baptism, the person of flesh dies with Jesus and rises with Jesus into His new spiritual creation called the Body of Christ." sounds like Arminian freewill. But if I'm not mistaken, he has mentioned against free will... so I'm not sure. I do know one article I read told of him looking for a new church, because he had moved, and he mentions avoiding all the ones we ourselves would avoid BigThumbUp but then he goes on to mention that he wouldn't sign a belief statement -- the one you have to renew every so often; I'm unsure as to why.

His view on spiritual gifts and what he means by that exactly, I don't know either.

"The Law of God as given in the Ten Commandments are eternal. Jesus did not come to do away with the law but came so that mankind could be changed to comply with it. All the law is fulfilled by loving God and loving others as you would want to be loved yourself. The law of God can only be obeyed by being born of the Spirit and by putting on the nature of Christ. The Sermon on the Mount was the prime example of how we should strive to fulfill the law and this will be the standard for living for mankind in the millennial reign of Christ." This point seems legalistic at first, but it's not; what does concern me is his seeming view of absolute fulfillment, and his ignorance contrary to scripture, where it says we are no longer under the law. I think this shows his confusion with sanctification? Or maybe this is his way of stating it?

And the rest, I don't know enough about to be sure of. Is there any truth in any part of Arminian Theology? Is it pre-rapture? or is it Jesus who teaches the rapture of unbelievers? the chaff separated from the wheat. I've heard it both ways.

Okay... I'm bracing myself for your thoughts heavy

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Here are a few items which got my attention and raised the red flags:

The sacrifice of Jesus on the cross paid for all past and future sins of mankind. Jesus became cursed for us on the cross and took our sins upon Himself. Jesus was the Lamb sacrifice whose blood atoned for the sin of the world. Jesus died, was buried and rose from the dead on the third day as the immortal Son of God. Now all who trust in Him will be eternally saved into a sinless new creation.
Sure seems like he holds to a doctrine of universal atonement which I strongly reject as has all the historic Reformed/Calvinistic denominations and churches.

Water baptism is an outward sign of an inward act as a witness to oneself, the world, and the angels that you are now in Christ.
Obviously, he is a non-Paedobaptist (I cannot designate him a Credobaptist since I have no knowledge if he subscribes to any of the historic confessions). And the above quote, when taken at face value says that everyone that has the outward sign (baptism) infallibly has the inward act (saving faith, etc.) to which I also strongly disagree.

All believers born of the Spirit are given spiritual gifts for service to God and the Church. The spiritual gifts are given as God desires and are not our natural abilities, nor are they learned. We are to pray to God for such gifts to do spiritual service in the name of God.
What are these "spiritual gifts" to which he says all believers receive?
There is no biblical teaching that all spiritual gifts are supernatural and unlearned.

Jesus will return with all His saints and His angels to establish a literal Kingdom of righteousness on the earth for one thousand years as the prophets foretold. However, Jesus’ rule and His kingdom will be eternal in the new heaven and earth.... Satan in the end times will establish his Beast kingdom on earth
The Church has not replaced or superseded Israel. God will fulfill all physical earthly promises that He made to the natural descendants of Israel. These promises are not to be allegorized and spiritualized to the Church. God will fulfill all covenants to the descendants of Israel after they acknowledge their offense and they accept the Messiah that He gave them.
We reject amillennial and post millennial doctrine as aberrent views that cannot be supported through any common sense reading of the scriptures. We believe that true believers that hold this theology are still brothers and sisters in the Lord.
We believe the Bible teaches a pretribulation rapture of the Spirit born Church pleasing God. This occurs before the wrath of God outlined in Revelation.
He embraces premillennialism without question. But whether he is a Dispensationalist; classic or modern could be asked. However, I personally reject premillennalism, particularly of the "pre-trib" variety as it contradicts the efficacious atonement of Christ among other things. It is regressive vs. progressive revelation.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Well that's certainly a lot to chew on. I'm still unfamiliar with some of the things you said. I'm still learning.

Have you read any of his articles? Anything at all? Might be fascinating to you read rofl

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Premillennial Dispensationalism has nothing to offer me other than to take what little time I might have left from the glorious truth found in Scripture which clearly contradicts such nonsensical heresy. The vast majority of my reading is of #1 Scripture and #2 of men who have proven themselves faithful to the Scriptures and whose lives reflect the image of Christ. My eschatology is not found in the daily newspaper. wink

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
So this guy is a premillennial dispensationalist? Ugh, I have a ways to go... I know I'll eventually learn to spot 'em by their speech. I'm still trying to figure a way to organize my reading schedule. Reading many books at the same time isn't challenging, it's finding the time.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 60 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,484 Gospel truth