Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,787
Posts54,918
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,457
Tom 4,528
chestnutmare 3,324
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,866
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 15
Pilgrim 12
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Anthony C. - Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:57 PM
David Engelsma
by Pilgrim - Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 AM
The Jewish conservative political commentators
by Tom - Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 AM
The United Nations
by Tom - Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:04 PM
Did Jesus Die of "Natural Causes"? by Dr. Paul Elliott
by Pilgrim - Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:39 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#58140 Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:52 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
I thought I would provide a quote from the left, that is a a great example of what they lhink.

The ones forcing people to de-transition in Florida, the ones preventing trans kids from getting gender affirming care in Arkansas. The ones preventing women from getting abortions, forcing them to *literally* start dying before they can be “treated” with an abortion. The laws trying to make gay marriage illegal. All of these things cause a mental health crisis leading to lore mental illness and suicides. I could go on and on honestly but I’m sure you don’t care about any of these laws because, to you, I’m sure none of these people have any worth since they are going against the word of your god.

I am giving this quote, to hopefully garner some meaningful conversation on the points this person is making. Hopefully conversation of this nature, can help people flesh out (so to speak); how they can dialogue with such people; like that.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:55 PM.
Tom #58141 Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:05 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Ok let me start; the left are two faced; but not seemly to even understand that. They believe what Christians believe on issues like abortion and the thing that the above lefty said above is hate speech. They think they have the right to have their own opinions, but Christians do not.
I was even told that I should not be allowed to even proselytize, because it is hate speech.

Anyone else care to deal with the example I gave?

Tom

Tom #58142 Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:24 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
How would the Apostle Paul deal with such godless and thus gross sinful views? Would he use philosophy? quote some well-known celebrity or politician? try to reason with worldly arguments? I don't think so, Tom. He typically 'cut to the chase' and state the obvious truth... ALL that this person is lamenting over that Christianity condemns is HATE SPEECH; hatred against reality, truth, goodness, purity, decency which at the bottom line is blatant rebellion and hatred of GOD. Paul would stand firmly upon Scripture to address these things. There is no "silver bullet" that will guarantee to change anyone's mind. The Holy Spirit works through the Gospel to recreate a dead sinner's soul whereby they are given a mind to comprehend, eyes to see and heart that is turned away from sin and toward Christ. Is logic and reason used in dealing with such statements quoted? Of course, but the logic and reason of Scripture and its truth. What can you expect by using that method of addressing people; rejection, anger, hatred and even violence. The world, by nature HATES God and thus all that are His adopted children who are united to the Lord Christ and desire to think, speak and do His will according to the Word of God. As the old adage says, "If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen." The current political divide pales in comparison to the natural chasm that exists between true biblical Christianity and the world and its counterfeit religions. And yes, there are Christians who wrongly want to impose the law of God upon all men instead of rightly using and defending the law of God with the Spirit's wisdom, guidance and strength to bring conviction of sin to the world of God-hating sinners.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #58144 Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:34 PM
Addict
Addict
The current political divide pales in comparison to the natural chasm that exists between true biblical Christianity and the world and its counterfeit religions. And yes, there are Christians who wrongly want to impose the law of God upon all men instead of rightly using and defending the law of God with the Spirit's wisdom, guidance and strength to bring conviction of sin to the world of God-hating sinners.

Amen, and in the end there is no organic political divide as far as our political actors. It’s contrived.

There are plenty of deceived who are making con-men and civil rights activists their savior. There are the commie-elite and a deceived populous being pit against one another. Our political system is controlled. Some politicians are more owned than others but they all eventually have to fall in line.

All these culture wars and godless legislation is perpetuated, fueled, promoted by a global elite who want Nazi-like control over the populous that resembles the Communist Party of China.

Tom, the best thing you can do is wake up and wake up your loved ones to the fact that these people have an agenda, the opposition is mostly controlled, and that their intention is the enslavement of humanity. There is a global ruling class who have a majority of the money and the power and want to establish a world for themselves. The average person is not part of their plan, outside a designated slave status. I would shut off the news as they are run by intelligence agencies in tandem with big corporate sponsors. Minorities, ‘gays’ and ‘transgenders,’ etc. are being used to usher in this new world order.

We are all being gaslighted. “Gaslighting is a colloquialism, loosely defined as manipulating someone so as to make them question their own reality.[1][2] The term derives from the title of the 1944 film Gaslight, though the term did not gain popular currency in English until the mid-2010s.[3]
The term may also be used to describe a person (a "gaslighter") who presents a false narrative to another group or person, thereby leading them to doubt their perceptions and become misled, disoriented or distressed. Oftentimes this is for the gaslighter's own benefit. Normally[vague], this dynamic is possible only when the audience is vulnerable, such as in unequal power relationships, or fearful of the losses associated with challenging the false narrative[citation needed].”

In the early part of last century there was a push to teach Darwin’s evolution and a veiled promotion of eugenics in school. This is related to genetic and ethnic superiority. The powers that be promoting this new world order never really went away, they are just making a strong push in our day….

There is no way to reason us back to sanity. Folks in and out of the church will continue to fall in line. We can’t fight this in a rigged public square, we can only educate in our personal relations/interactions with others….but the best thing is to saturate yourself in true doctrine and fellowship and note the contrast between God’s reality and godless insanity.

Last edited by Anthony C.; Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:48 PM.
Anthony C. #58145 Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:48 PM
Addict
Addict
………. “ The logic of eugenics goes as follows: All species, including humans, have adapted and improved from a lower to a higher form. It should be obvious that certain human traits (good health, intelligence, moral behavior) are superior to others. Therefore, it is incumbent upon society to make sure humans with certain traits do not reproduce.

By 1920, at least 30 states had laws that required the sterilization of people who were determined as unfit, including “criminals, idiots, imbeciles and rapists,” as many state laws were worded. About 60,000 people were sterilized because of these laws. Many states refused to issue marriage licenses to couples who did not have a certificate from a physician stating that neither person had undesirable qualities in their bloodline.

John Scopes admitted to having taught lessons out of George William Hunter’s textbook A Civic Biology. If you’ve never read this book, it might shock you.

Hunter divided mankind into five races, concluding the highest race was “the Caucasians, represented by the civilized white inhabitants of Europe and America.”

In a different section of the book, he discussed what should be done to people with inferior traits:

“If such people were lower animals, we would probably kill them off to prevent them from spreading. Humanity will not allow this, but we do have the remedy of separating the sexes in asylums or other places and in various ways preventing intermarriage and the possibilities of perpetuating such a low and degenerate race.”

William Jennings Bryan, one of the attorneys representing the state in the Scopes Monkey Trial, wrote a long closing argument that summarized his objections to evolution and its implications. Since defense attorney Clarence Darrow waived his right to make a closing statement, Bryan was not allowed to deliver his, but you can read Bryan’s argument on the internet.

Although Bryan didn’t use the word “eugenics,” he does allude to it in sections that describe the “cruel” and “bloody” impact that evolution was already having on American culture. “Science is a magnificent material force,” he wrote, “but it is not a teacher of morals. It can perfect machinery, but it adds no moral restraints to protect society from the misuse of the machine.”

And when did evolution become permanently separated from eugenics? After World War II.

When Nazi war criminals were being tried at Nuremberg, their defense attorneys claimed the idea of the Holocaust came from eugenics theory and practice, quoting a 1927 U.S. Supreme Court decision in favor of state-mandated sterilization of the “unfit.”

Because of this and other reasons, eugenics fell out of favor in the U.S.

Science textbooks still teach evolution, but they no longer use the theory to defend eugenics.”

The forgotten link between Scopes Monkey Trial, eugenics…..

https://www.mainstreet-nashville.co...4a0306e-016d-11ed-b865-7f56514afc2f.html

Last edited by Anthony C.; Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:36 PM.
Pilgrim #58146 Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:27 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim
I totally agree with you. In fact in some ways, it reminded of a study I just did through Romans chapter 8. Particularly verses 16-17. "The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him." ESV

What you said also reminds me of a great book called "Expository Apologetics-Answering Objections with the Power of the Word' by Voddie Baucham

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:04 PM.
Anthony C. #58147 Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:46 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Anthony, If you have seen any of my posts on this stuff; you know that I am well aware of a lot of the worldly globalistic Cultural Marxist garbage, that is going on in our world.
Like Pilgrim said, there is no magic bullet. However, I am always trying to learn how to communicate better without compromising Scripture.

I am a fan of Presuppositional Apologetics; and of late (about 3 years) I have enjoyed the Presuppositional Apologetics of Voddie Baucham.

The example I gave above, it is blatantly obvious where his world view is.

In some ways, as I think about the left example I gave above. It is very tempting to use their methods they use; almost as if there is a neutral position. However, I know better and need to smack my hands.
In fact when I do, I am actually entering their worldly philosophy. Why not learn how to use the power of God's Word to answer objections?

That does not mean however, we can't learn how to communicate that better.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ." 1 Peter 3:15-16 KJV

As you noticed from the left quote I used as an example, they are speaking evil of Christians.

Tom

Tom #58148 Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:55 PM
Addict
Addict
I agree with you.

However, if that quote is from an online source, it is probably somebody paid to articulate those sentiments. Are they seducing people, and placing people on the defensive with such rhetoric? Of course. But they are swine…..

Save your efforts for real life figures and events in the flesh. The folks spouting that dribble are probably not even sincere. They just want to overthrow Christian virtue, ethics, morality and breakdown society. That’s how you ultimately enslave people. They don’t care about ‘gays’ or ‘transgenders.’ These are commie tactics. We are being gaslit.

The godless who view and value the individual based on their intellect and level of success have no problem wiping them off the face of the planet without remorse. They don’t know anything of the sanctity of life, living souls, or the image of God.

The man with a true, spiritual knowledge of God knows how to discern.

A biblical response to demonic insanity ?
“the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone….”

Last edited by Anthony C.; Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:41 PM.
Anthony C. #58149 Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:30 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
You make some excellent points here. It takes wisdom to know if we should respond to people like that.

In case I was not clear, I chose that quote, mainly because it reflected so well the world view of those who oppose the Judeo-Christian ethic that our nations were founded upon.
Whether that person actually believed what he said or not, I simply do not know.

I like how you ended your post, for what really does it prove even if we won an argument, if we do not get to the truth of Scripture?
This is something that Voddie Baucham hammers on, in his book 'Expository Apologetics'-Answering Objections with the Power of the Word''.

Tom

Tom #58150 Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:37 PM
Addict
Addict

Anthony C. #58151 Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:36 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Thanks for the link; it fits right in with a lot of what we are seeing in society.

Tom #58154 Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:13 AM
jta Offline
I wonder if there ever has been a more evil time.

There has long been divorce, fornication, adultery, homosexuality, pedophilia, and murder of those whom the satanic ruling elites considered to be "unwanted" or "undesirable." These are all characteristics of any dying culture.

But I don't know of another time in history that so-called "Christians" actively promoted any of these things, by their votes and other actions.

Christ's Church always stood against them before.

But in Western culture, for all the many people who claim to love Christ, the great majority have no idea what that even means.

As evidenced that "all they who live godly in Christ shall suffer persecution" and most of us have thus far endured very, very little, if any at all.

We (especially myself) need to start to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Christ.

That likely means dying for Him . . but . . what a wonderful honor that would be. Better, for sure, than *not* living for Him.

Aspiring student of Christ

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,509,872 Gospel truth