please go back and read my post and the arguments I made. If I didn't know better, it would appear that your doctinal position was blinding your ability to see plain logic, at least in this instance.
You are right about this one thing, brother.... it is plain logic (common sense even) that is behind and consistent with my doctrinal position which is firmly based upon my understanding of the Scriptures. I do not have a presupposition which bifurcates Israel and the Church, the Covenant(s), etc., into neat little separate discontinuitous compartments (aka: Dispensational hermeneutic). My biblical theology is linear and progressive. grin

My argument is sound. If it were not, then we could know nothing with certainty for everything would exist in a state of flux depending upon certain mutable conditions. So, by definition, I may be a man today but not tomorrow, depending if certain conditions are present. rolleyes2 The onus is upon Baptists to show how their "definition" of baptism can be and not be a "sign" of a "reality". It simply doesn't make any sense... sorry

In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]