Originally Posted by 042Dave
If you can prove your point, why not take on infant baptism?
Because I already stated more than once that over the 25 years The Highway has been online, there have been a plethora of discussions/debates over this issue of baptism. Very few have had positive results. This is a foundational doctrine for most Baptists and when it has been challenged, the 'heat' gets turned up and any objectivity disintegrated into the typical ad hominem slurs, etc. In my last response to you I thought I had made it more than clear that I have no interest whatsoever to be involved in yet another fruitless discussion over baptism; recipients, mode, etc., etc., etc.

Originally Posted by pilgrim
I am bowing out of this discussion but others, if there is any interest may continue.
Is that too hard to comprehend? You may continue to call out the non-credobaptists all you like, which actually are in the minority here. But I seriously doubt you will get any takers. IF you personally think that adult baptism only via immersion is salvific in nature, you have more important issues to be addressed. scratchchin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]