I wanted to inquire about the RE (Reformed Episcopal) church. Initially, as one who had attended (grudgingly) an Episcopal church, I was a bit interested in the RE denomination. However, when I actually attended, I noticed the following Romish elements:<br>1) Sign of the cross given during prayers<br>2) Crucifixes<br>3) "God in a box" (for those of you who don't know what that means, it is a little "box" on the altar where the elements -bread and wine- are kept. The statement "God in a box" refers to the Romish belief that the bread and the wine physically become the body and blood of Christ. Yes, I know there is more to it than this, but I wanted to keep it brief.)<br>4) The altar was back against the wall, with the "Priest" facing the altar, away from the congregation<br>5) Use of the word "Priest", "father", etc.<br>6) Use of the word "mass"<br><br>Frankly, #3, #4, and #6 were more "Romish" than previous apostate Episcopal (EC-USA) churches I have seen.<br><br>Additionally, about the Reformed Episcopal church in general. <br>a) John Stott teaches at their seminary. <br>b) They are attempting to "expand their witness". To this end, they acquired the AEC (Anglican Evangelical Church), an anglo-Catholic denomination that was not reformed.<br><br>Thus, the general question is this...can we even consider this a "reformed" denomination anymore (or could we ever)?<br><br>Steve

Grace is not common.