Pilgrim Said
Of a truth, there is far more to biblical Calvinism than these two points yet these are two of the more hated and rejected by the world and even the majority of churches.

There is one thing I have noticed in my wanderings around the web to different religious and philosophical (even atheistic) sites. Each group generally tends to have a "hate" or enemies list of people that are deemed incorrigible and hopelessly heretic to their cause. Why is it that in nearly all cases it is John Calvin that is near the top or #1 on that list? I think you've hit the nail on the head with your quote.

I believe that the root of this hatred is not merely a distaste for the doctrine of total depravity but a compelling and murderous attack on the doctrine of Sola Scriptura.

Therefore, IMO it is possible to draw an undeniable and very blunt conclusion from this phenomenon. That being, either Calvinists are very bad, bad people or very nearly our entire world is deceived out of its mind.

Denny

Romans 3:22-24

Denny

Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." [John 6:68]