Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Originally Posted by Cranmer
Calvin answered your objection clearly. You seem to be more afraid of the Arminians than of God:
More ad hominem slurs? igiveup

Again, I have to conclude that you are a Supralapsarian and thus hold that the first in the order of God's eternal decree was to predestinate some men as elect unto eternal life and the remainder as reprobate unto eternal damnation WITHOUT any reference to the Fall. Would that be correct in your case? I asked this question previously, but never got a reply. shrug

I don't think you understand what an ad hominem is. I don't believe I attacked you as a person. I simply pointed out that your accusation that I misrepresent God as a "monster" who programs men as "robots" is the Arminian argument against Calvinism. You seem to agree with them and disagree with Calvin and with Scripture. The pot cannot accuse the Potter of anything whatsoever. That's a foolish move at best. (Romans 9:18-22).

In regards to the infralapsarian and supralapsarian views, it should be pointed out that this is an argument about the "logical" order of God's decrees, not the temporal order as they unfold in historical time. Thus, both infralapsarianism and supralapsarianism hold to double predestination before the creation of the world. Unconditional election and reprobation both occur before creation by both infralapsarianism and supralapsarian views on the decrees.

So I have to ask exactly what is your point here?

There are many supralapsarians out there, including Robert L. Reymond. Is infralapsarianism another of your tests of fellowship?

Also, since the three points of common grace are not a test of Calvinism as it is defined in the Reformed confessions of faith, I will take it as unnecessary for me or any other Calvinist to hold to those semi-Arminian doctrines, including the dialectical theology of Van Til and the "free" offer. From God's perspective there is never a possibility of salvation for the reprobate. To confuse man's ignorance of God's decrees to election and reprobation with God's decrees and God's omniscience is therefore bad theology.

Sincerely in Christ,

Charlie

For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:16 NKJ)