Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,787
Posts54,918
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,457
Tom 4,528
chestnutmare 3,324
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,866
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 15
Pilgrim 12
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Anthony C. - Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:57 PM
David Engelsma
by Pilgrim - Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 AM
The Jewish conservative political commentators
by Tom - Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 AM
The United Nations
by Tom - Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:04 PM
Did Jesus Die of "Natural Causes"? by Dr. Paul Elliott
by Pilgrim - Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:39 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1789 Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:18 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Linda,<br><br>Being an American who has lived in Canada since 1992, I can testify to the verity of what this reporter wrote. I too am ashamed of the political, social and spiritual (if there is any) beliefs that govern this country. This is NOT to say that the United States isn't guilty of many gross sins, etc. Yet, I remember vividly being told before coming here, that Canada was about 10-15 years "behind the U.S." in many things. But one of the things Canada is surely far ahead in is lasciviousness and corruption in its government officials, judges etc. I also believe that Canada is just plain stupid as it is biting the hand that feeds it and will surely suffer the consequences for doing so. Again, I am NOT saying that because Canada is so dependent upon the U.S. for its sustenance that it should condone everything the U.S. does. This is clearly untrue. But their constant criticism of the U.S. in so many areas is going to have a negative affect in the long run. It seems that anything that belongs to the U.S., in some Canadian's eyes, is automatically bad and rejected. I can't tell you how often I have myriad comments such as, "We can't adopt that type of health care, car insurance, etc., because that is what the U.S. has. In many people's eyes, being Canadian is being opposed to the United States. [Linked Image]<br><br>Doesn't Canada even have a little common sense? [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif" alt="laugh" title="laugh[/img] They act like the 90 lb. weakling who throws stones at the body builder. Hasn't it ever dawned on them that the "muscle-man" might someday decide he's had just about enough and squash them like a bug? [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/rolleyes.gif" alt="rolleyes" title="rolleyes[/img] However, there are a few of us here who abhor what presently exists among the leaders and the people of Canada and who are praying for them and that God will do a mighty work in the hearts of many and turn them to Christ.<br><br>In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #1790 Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I agree wholeheartedly. The United States should is not the perfect nation, and there are many things we will answer for as a nation, but I must be really stupid because I can't understand why some many of the other nations hate us. I too pray that God, if it please Him, would bring a great awakening such as this world has never seen, however, sadly, it seems that many may already be given over to reprobation.<br><br>Thanks for that article as it is good to know the enemy.

Pilgrim #1791 Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:53 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim<br><br>I share with the author some of the same concerns he does. I am proud to be a Canadian, simply because God has made me one. Not because of some of the things its people do. Which by the way, I see many in the US doing also. Canada has been blessed by God as being one of the most beautiful countries in the world, and not only that compared to the rest of the world, has one of the best standards of living on earth.<br>I will say however, that the author is wrong (if I understand him) to insinuate that Chrétien sides with SH in this conflict. It is true that he wasn't for this war in the first place, but he has recently said that now that this war has started. We should not be criticizing the US; we should be supporting them even if it means the removal of SH.<br>Now to me of course if Chrétien isn't willing to add substance to his words by supporting the US militarily, his words do not hold much water.<br>But I will say that I know he is taking a lot of flack for his comments.<br>Just so anyone knows, Canada isn't completely out of the war picture, although they are siding with the UN in this. They are contributing more than most countries that are openly behind the US in this war.<br>They have ships in the Gulf who are there in the war against terrorism and they have said publicly that if it means aiding the US in the region against terrorist attack, then they will do so.<br>This of course has angered a lot of the peaceniks in Canada.<br>I have many friends in the US, so obviously I don't hate Americans; it troubles me when either side of the border does things that hurt their neighbor. One thing that bothers me is the attitude that many (not all) US citizens have about the rest of the world, they look down their noses as though they are better than anybody else. I am not just saying this; I have personally experienced this and can give if asked examples of just what I am talking about. These kinds of things can only breed contempt, either deserved or otherwise.<br><br>One of the things I have to wonder, if Canada suffers as a result of them siding with the UN. Are US citizens who side with the UN also going to suffer? I think not.<br><br>Tom

Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Sorry, Joe<br>Apparently I missed that comment.<br><br>Sincerely<br>Tom

#1793 Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:40 PM
Addict
Addict
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>[color:"blue"]I must be really stupid because I can't understand why some many of the other nations hate us</font><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>Linda, interesting you should say that. I recently returned from a trip to Hong Kong (without Pneumonia thankfully!) and I asked this question of my co-workers from China with whom I have a good relationship. The answer was honest and simple, "Because you seem to be a bit arrogant, and we can't be there to be a part of it." I really appreicated his candor, as I think it does put things in some perspective.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Jason

Tom #1794 Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Well Tom this is one American who hopes that those Americans that did side with the UN do get their comeuppance. And frankly if the government of Canada is so enamored of the UN. . . TAKE IT!! . Move it off our sovereign soil and never let it darken our shores again! The sooner we pull out of that useless waste of space the happier we will be!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,509,872 Gospel truth