Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,781
Posts54,881
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,865
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 PM
Change in NRSVue text note on 1 John 5:7
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 AM
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
xyz #39625 Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:06 PM
Persnickety Presbyterian
Persnickety Presbyterian
xyz said:

It is quite true that, had God known that there would be none of His creation who loved the truth, creation of the cosmos and the crucifixion would have been pointless. But the existence of some who would love the truth made necessary that creation, with its ample opportunity for rebellion against God. And because all would rebel, all would have to have their rebellion accounted for, with not one claiming impunity. So the Christ had to die for all, though for the sake of only those who would treat that death as their salvation.

HELL is where the unrepentant account for their rebellion, where they spend eternity under the wrath of God. IF CHRIST DIED FOR THESE SAME PERSONS, His death was in vain inasmuch as they still end up in hell for their rebellion against God. If Christ died for all, he died for the sake of all. To say otherwise is illogical. However, if He did indeed die for all, then all must be saved, or else His death was in vain to the extent that anyone ends up in hell.

Kyle

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified.
xyz Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
CovenantInBlood said:
xyz said:

It is quite true that, had God known that there would be none of His creation who loved the truth, creation of the cosmos and the crucifixion would have been pointless. But the existence of some who would love the truth made necessary that creation, with its ample opportunity for rebellion against God. And because all would rebel, all would have to have their rebellion accounted for, with not one claiming impunity. So the Christ had to die for all, though for the sake of only those who would treat that death as their salvation.

HELL is where the unrepentant account for their rebellion, where they spend eternity under the wrath of God. IF CHRIST DIED FOR THESE SAME PERSONS, His death was in vain inasmuch as they still end up in hell for their rebellion against God.
How many does God think it worth dying for? He said that Sodom would not be destroyed if just ten righteous people were to be found in it- and who knows what he would have said if Abe had had the nerve to bid lower. Yet He also said that Abraham's descendants would be as as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore (though I can't see too many of them coming from this generation). So who is to say that Jesus' death was in vain?

xyz #39627 Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:32 PM
xyz,
I read your posts and the patient answers you are being given and I can only say: Stop the craziness! What you post makes no sense and is not even remotely biblical. You post these comments as if they are fact and don't seem willing to understand what everyone is trying to tell you,. It seems to me too much time has been spent casting pearls....
If you were sincerely seeking the truth, it would be evident but you seem to be playing a game.

xyz #39628 Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:04 PM
Wes Offline
Needs to get a Life
Needs to get a Life
xyz said:

So who is to say that Jesus' death was in vain?

The Apostle Paul addressed that very question in his letter to the Galatians. Chapter two verse twenty one tells us "If righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." So we know that if a person thinks he can be saved by works of the law then to him Christ's death is in vain.

Christ did not die in vain

Wes

When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died, my richest gain I count but loss and pour contempt on all my pride. - Isaac Watts
Wes #39629 Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:19 PM
xyz Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Wes said:
xyz said:

So who is to say that Jesus' death was in vain?

The Apostle Paul addressed that very question in his letter to the Galatians. Chapter two verse twenty one tells us "If righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." So we know that if a person thinks he can be saved by works of the law then to him Christ's death is in vain.
Very true.

xyz #39630 Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:24 PM
Persnickety Presbyterian
Persnickety Presbyterian
xyz said:
CovenantInBlood said:

HELL is where the unrepentant account for their rebellion, where they spend eternity under the wrath of God. IF CHRIST DIED FOR THESE SAME PERSONS, His death was in vain inasmuch as they still end up in hell for their rebellion against God.
How many does God think it worth dying for? He said that Sodom would not be destroyed if just ten righteous people were to be found in it- and who knows what he would have said if Abe had had the nerve to bid lower. Yet He also said that Abraham's descendants would be as as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore (though I can't see too many of them coming from this generation). So who is to say that Jesus' death was in vain?

I am not saying that Jesus' death was in vain. You're saying that Jesus' death does not save the unrepentant because of their unrepentance; the unrepentant nullify Jesus' death for themselves. If that is the case, then Jesus died in vain for those who are unrepentant, because His death does not save them. That is the logical implication of all that you've been saying.

Kyle

xyz Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
CovenantInBlood said:
xyz said:
CovenantInBlood said:

I am not saying that Jesus' death was in vain. You're saying that Jesus' death does not save the unrepentant because of their unrepentance; the unrepentant nullify Jesus' death for themselves. If that is the case, then Jesus died in vain for those who are unrepentant, because His death does not save them.

xyz #39632 Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:54 PM
Persnickety Presbyterian
Persnickety Presbyterian
xyz said:

Copying and pasting what you've previously said is not a reply. It is intellectual sloth. Keep this up, and you won't be here long. bif

Kyle

xyz Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
CovenantInBlood said:
xyz said:

Copying and pasting what you've previously said is not a reply.

You read and understood it the first time?

xyz #39634 Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:12 AM
Wes Offline
Needs to get a Life
Needs to get a Life
xyz,

I must confess I haven't read every reply in this (now very long) thread but since you been debating the question "for whom did Christ die" I'd like to ask you which of the following statements do you believe to be true?

1. Christ died for some of the sins of all men.

2. Christ died for all the sins of some men.

3. Christ died for all the sins of all men.

Please provide Scripture texts which support your view.

Wes

When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died, my richest gain I count but loss and pour contempt on all my pride. - Isaac Watts
Wes #39635 Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:29 AM
xyz Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Wes said:
xyz,

I must confess I haven't read every reply in this (now very long) thread but since you been debating the question "for whom did Christ die" I'd like to ask you
Why me?

xyz #39636 Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:35 PM
Wes Offline
Needs to get a Life
Needs to get a Life
xyz said:
Wes said:
xyz,

I must confess I haven't read every reply in this (now very long) thread but since you been debating the question "for whom did Christ die" I'd like to ask you

Why me?

Why not you? Everyone seems confused by your replies and it would be good for us to know where you stand in regards to this matter. If you chose not to reply then it becomes obvious that you are disingenuos and further communication would be fruitless.

So again I ask.... which of the following statements do you believe to be true?

1. Christ died for some of the sins of all men.

2. Christ died for all the sins of some men.

3. Christ died for all the sins of all men.

Please provide Scripture texts which support your view.

Wes

Wes #39637 Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:09 PM
xyz Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Wes said:
xyz said:
Wes said:
xyz,

Why me?

Why not you? Everyone seems confused by your replies
They do? Ask on your own account.

xyz #39638 Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:30 PM
Persnickety Presbyterian
Persnickety Presbyterian
xyz said:
CovenantInBlood said:
xyz said:

Copying and pasting what you've previously said is not a reply.

You read and understood it the first time?

I made this reply the first time.

It appears everyone in this thread who has replied to you has experienced frustration with your responses. We're not all idiots, XYZ. Some lucidity on your part would be appreciated, but if you're not willing to make yourself clear or to provide legitimate responses to our questions & comments, you will be banned.

Kyle

xyz #39639 Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:17 PM
Veteran
Veteran
I cannot even understand the ABC's of XYZ's posts...

True godliness is a sincere feeling which loves God as Father as much as it fears and reverences Him as Lord, embraces His righteousness, and dreads offending Him worse than death~ Calvin
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,457 Gospel truth