Ah, I see now the reason some have gotten angry. I have never been accused of being unsaved for holding an opposite view on this subject. But, I'm still not mad at you. smile

I'm sure I will get ripped to shreds for expressing my opinion on this....you sound like you are way more intelligent than I. By the way, I totally reject Arminianism. I have no idea what semi-Pelagianism is. I don't recall ever hearing about the sovereignty of God, until getting into a discussion on the subject of Election for the first time! I think most use it as a crutch. I have found it interesting that when men describe the sovereignty of God, most times it is on "their" terms of thinking. Sovereignty means that God is in control, not limited to the thoughts and ideas of man! God sovereignly allowed 2 Cor 4:4 to happen as well as sovereignly allowing man to use his free will to believe. The thought struck me recently; why must we understand everything regarding the workings of God? I think theologians get a bit carried away with all their reasonings and think they can somehow discover everything about how God thinks on everything! But, does it "really" have to be plausible to our minds before it can be true?
Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."
Isaiah 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
1 Cor 13:12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

This verse is plain and simple and I acted on it: Acts 16:31 "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." At the age of 6, I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior.
I know God was involved, perhaps I don't fully understand exactly how, but why do I need to? 2 Timothy 1:12 "for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

Psalms 133:1 <> Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!