God saves sinners like You and Me

God in Christ does save sinners, but not the self-righteous, whom Christ came not to call, but only self-sinners to repentance: "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance" (Luke 5:32). But whether anyone be a self-sinner, that is a sick soul who needs a Physician, or a a self-righteous one, who feels himself quite "whole" and thus has no need of the Physician (Luke 5:31) only God knows - we can only declare that God indeed saves sinners, that Christ came to save sinners and that He indeed does save [self]sinners, for He came to seek and to save that which was lost. But remember, only the sheep are lost for a season. The [spiritual]goats, wolves, dogs and swine are never "lost" and the Shepherd is not seeking nor calling them. He is calling only His sheep through the preaching of His gospel, because it is for them only that He laid down His life and them only has He redeemed.

I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.
(Isaiah 44:22)

For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever (2Jn.1:2).