Q. 54. How is Christ exalted in his sitting at the right hand of God?

A.
Christ is exalted in his sitting at the right hand of God, in that as God-man he is advanced to the highest favour with God the Father,[228] with all fulness of joy,[229] glory,[230] and power over all things in heaven and earth;[231] and does gather and defend his church, and subdue their enemies; furnisheth his ministers and people with gifts and graces,[232] and maketh intercession for them.[233]

[228]
Philippians 2:9. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name.

[229]Acts 2:28. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

Psalm 16:11. Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

[230] John 17:5. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

[231] Ephesians 1:22. And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church.

1 Peter 3:22. Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

[232] Ephesians 4:10-12. He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.

Psalm 110:1. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

[233] Romans 8:34. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.