Donations for the month of December


We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.


Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE


Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Robin
Robin
Lake Park, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,021
Joined: January 2002
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,321
Posts53,356
Members965
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,072
Tom 4,079
chestnutmare 3,087
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,820
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 24
Pilgrim 16
Meta4 5
John_C 2
Robin 2
Recent Posts
Progressive Christianity
by Tom - Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:47 PM
Growth for the Present
by NetChaplain - Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:06 PM
Spurgeon
by DiscipleEddie - Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:32 AM
Nero
by Meta4 - Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:56 PM
Gracious High Priest
by NetChaplain - Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:05 PM
A Discourse on the Cleansing Virtue of Christ's Blood
by Pilgrim - Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:44 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#50049 Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
video

Last edited by chestnutmare; Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:14 PM. Reason: Inappropriate
Hitch #50051 Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:41 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
I love the inyourface DONT TREAD ON ME defiance and the unabashed patriotism.

Hitch #50052 Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:21 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 14,073
Likes: 20
Head Honcho
Online Content
Head Honcho
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 14,073
Likes: 20
Originally Posted by Hitch
I love the inyourface DONT TREAD ON ME defiance and the unabashed patriotism.
1) Would I be correct in taking your remark as being sarcasm? IF true, is that really necessary because the unanimous decision of the Staff here didn't care for the way this group shows little respect for the national anthem and that God's name is co-mingled with a form of music which it finds dishonoring to Him but which you found moving?

2) I think your "inyourface [in your face]" comment unsubstantiated and simply reactionary because someone questions your taste in music style. From YOUR in your face response methinks it is obvious that what this is really about is "DO NOT speak negatively about my 'tunes'". scratchchin

3) As an aside, in my personal opinion what this country is lacking most, but certainly of less importance than its unabashed rejection of the one true God, is a "Don't Tread on Me" defiance and unabashed patriotism against the majority of politicans which are violating the freedoms and rights guaranteed to this country's citizens found in the U.S. Constitution. You may definitely include me as one who is an "unabashed Patriot".

Is this a deal breaker for you? If so, then #2 above certainly rings true, does it not? Why the angst on your part? shrug


[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #50053 Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:52 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Originally Posted by Hitch
I love the inyourface DONT TREAD ON ME defiance and the unabashed patriotism.
1) Would I be correct in taking your remark as being sarcasm?
You would not in fact you are even less 'correct' than your original censorship
Quote
IF true, is that really necessary because the unanimous decision of the Staff here didn't care for the way this group shows little respect for the national anthem
I doubt you could be more mistaken.
Quote
and that God's name is co-mingled with a form of music which it finds dishonoring to Him but which you found moving?

2) I think your "inyourface [in your face]" comment unsubstantiated
see above
Quote
and simply reactionary because someone questions your taste in music style. From YOUR in your face response methinks it is obvious that what this is really about is "DO NOT speak negatively about my 'tunes'". scratchchin
Maybe you should give up the 5 cent psychoanalysis, at that rate you're over priced. NOTE Pilgrim I had already used the inyourface comment elsewhere prior to your censoring attempt.
Quote
3) As an aside, in my personal opinion what this country is lacking most, but certainly of less importance than its unabashed rejection of the one true God, is a "Don't Tread on Me" defiance and unabashed patriotism against the majority of politicans which are violating the freedoms and rights
Well it was you and Chestnut who originally decided for censorship, not 'the majority of politicians'.
Quote
guaranteed to this country's citizens found in the U.S. Constitution. You may definitely include me as one who is an "unabashed Patriot".

Is this a deal breaker for you? If so, then #2 above certainly rings true, does it not? Why the angst on your part? shrug
Whats true here is that you and Chest made a bad mistake ,why not just own it and can the self righteous nonsense?

Im glad that at least you have come to the conclusion that the membership of The Highway is capable of making their individual decisions as regards this version .

I think you owe an explanation of this group shows little respect for the national anthem perhaps you will grace us all by pointing it out and maybe you could even explain why everyone else I know missed it.

Ya know,,, I was glad to see the post back up. I was fully prepared to mark The Highway as the first and only net forum I've been involved with to censor the National Anthem , now the onus is yours to demonstrate what is 'real bad' and/or disrespectful in this version, I missed it completely.

The lyrics,so far as I know are taken directly from script with the added lines below; ( I had to look them up, the hearing is not what it used to be)


Because we are the brave
Yes we are the brave
We’ll fight tyranny
In the name of the free
We are the U.S. of A

For those unaware
That flag is still there
It’s our future to save
This land of the brave
The U.S. of A



Disrespectful? Misused? Me thinks pigs are aloft in New England.


Here is a live version,perhaps you can find that disrespect in this one;



In case anyone is wondering, I have no connection to this group other than a profound respect and love of the United States and her Armed Service personel

Last edited by chestnutmare; Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:15 PM. Reason: inappropriate
Hitch #50054 Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:55 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
"IF true, is that really necessary because the unanimous decision of the Staff here didn't care for the way this group shows little respect for the national anthem and that God's name is co-mingled with a form of music which it finds dishonoring to Him but which you found moving?"


But how well they fooled this Marine is really something.






http://www.grunt.com/corps/scuttlebutt/marine-corps-stories/madison-rising/


SARCASM alert Pilgrim.

Hitch #50055 Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Quote
simply reactionary because someone questions your taste in music style


Interesting Pilgrim. The comment from you and Chestnut was that this version was 'real bad' . Meaning disrespectful or misappropriated , as your own number one attests, having nothing at all to do with 'taste in music style'. Your implication is as unfounded as it is dishonest. The call is up , its time you supported the claim you made in the name of Christ Pilgrim.


I mean What do Marines know about Patriotism and respect for the anthem anyway???

Ya know Pilgrim I really do hope you actually know what you're talking about when go on about Reformed doctrines. Judging from this thread I can see you are adept at pretending and speaking as though you have solid information. Is 'nt it true that you knew nothing of these peoples work before you spoke up ,in public, so negatively? But I'll be making good use of my salt shaker from here out. You're about half as tall as you were two days ago in my book.


But we still need you, these Marines have obviously been duped ( along with FOX News and a host of others)and it is your Christian duty to tell them the real truth Pilgrim. Tell them they have been deceived by
Quote
this group(that) shows little respect for the national anthem.



Last edited by chestnutmare; Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:17 PM. Reason: inappropriate
Hitch #50062 Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:53 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
It is unscriptural, unchristian and unkind to publicly disparage any one with out good cause. Since
it is reported that
Quote
the unanimous decision of the Staff here didn't care for the way this group shows little respect for the national anthem
I call on the Staff including Chestnut and Pilgrim to show their good cause for this position.

I have presented several different video versions, all of which I believe point to the contrary and show these young men doing good service, however if the Staff's position is correct those same videos should contain plenty of fodder to show your good cause. I call on you to make public your good cause from these or any other sources just as in Pilgrim's post you made public your complaint. . Christians and especially christian leadership should be first in line to object to unsupported public disparagement.

Originally the discision was made to remove the post. I agree that misusing, disrespecting and even poorly presenting our national anthem would be good cause for removing a post that did so. I was more than surprised to learn that any Satff member here would think that I would post a 'real bad' disrespectful version of the Star Spangled Banner, I still am.

In the mean I hope most of you enjoy it,I think its great and thats why I brought it in the fist place.

Last edited by Hitch; Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:03 PM.
Hitch #50063 Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:05 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,087
Likes: 2
Annie Oakley
Offline
Annie Oakley
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,087
Likes: 2
Hitch, you might take some time to examine your own heart in this. It has been you who has been most uncharitable and disrespectful here on the board because you are not getting your own way. You have been contentious and rude over our not wanting a rock n' roll interpretation of the national anthem promoted here on The Highway. Sorry, but it is you who needs to take a step back and consider your heart, prayerfully before the Lord. Is this music more important to you than how you treat others here? What does that say about your priorities?

I don't know much about you Hitch, many years ago, we experienced other rock versions of the anthem by a young rock star called Jimmy Hendrix. He was the hero of a drug infested, godless culture that was anti-authoritarian. His music was the fruit of his own depraved mind. It represented something that many of us who lived through that time, have had to repent of. NO, I am not impressed by that "musical" presentation that you shared. I could get into many different reasons but will refrain for they are the least of our problems here. Your attitude is a chief concern.


The Chestnut Mare
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.
- - - -JRR Tolkien "Lord of the Rings"
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Originally Posted by chestnutmare
Hitch, you might take some time to examine your own heart in this. It has been you who has been most uncharitable and disrespectful here on the board because you are not getting your own way. You have been contentious and rude over our not wanting a rock n' roll interpretation of the national anthem promoted here on The Highway. ***
This is patently false Chestnut, my complaint is clear and repeated, my complaint is that you claimed this version was 'real bad' and and disrespectful to the national anthem and did so offering NO support for your claim. If you cant understand that read it over again . See # 50062
Quote
Sorry, but it is you who needs to take a step back and consider your heart, prayerfully before the Lord. Is this music more important to you than how you treat others here?
It is a deception on your part to pretend this has to with music being more important or Hitch not getting his own way,it is all about you making unsubstantiated claims ,refusing to support your charge and defaming decent young men and using a 'Christian ' forum to do so. You should be ashamed at that and this deception . [/quote] What does that say about your priorities? [/quote] I made no demand that you replace the post I complied with your request for explanation, that is far from your characterization above, and you did replace the post which flies in the face of me 'not getting my way' .
Quote
I don't know much about you Hitch, many years ago, we experienced other rock versions of the anthem by a young rock star called Jimmy Hendrix. He was the hero of a drug infested, godless culture that was anti-authoritarian. His music was the fruit of his own depraved mind. It represented something that many of us who lived through that time, have had to repent of. NO, I am not impressed by that "musical" presentation that you shared. I could get into many different reasons but will refrain for they are the least of our problems here. Your attitude is a chief concern. Adopt christian ethics and see my attitude brighten
A christian forum is no place for the Staff or any one else to make unsupported disparaging claims against any one. That is my complaint. that has been my complaint .That will be my complaint , until you take the proper steps to make it right.
I dont care about your past and I dont care whether you like this version ,I've been perfectly clear about my concern on this matter. Your strawmen cant stand up any better than Pilgrim's #2 could. smile
Had I witnessed you or Pilgrim being disparaged at a self proclaimed christian forum I would have done just the same thing--Demanded the speaker prove or at least support his claim or back off, that door swings both ways.


*** Chestnut had asked me to explain why I wanted to make the original post, the reader can decide if this is the rant of one insisting on his 'own way', my response below;
Quote
It was posted because I enjoyed it and found it profoundly stirring.

The response , has been 100% positive and usually very enthusiastic, with the sole exception of The Highway.

Im sorry you think the membership of The Highway is so fragile,I dont.

This is a different video, same audio;



Would you mind telling me exactly what is ' really bad' about this? I can understand some God hating ' Amerika last' type saying that but I need an explanation for your comment.



You can learn a little of the bands history here;



http://www.madisonrising.com/
Note ; All involved have so far declined to offer any explanation as to why this version is 'really bad' and disrepectful despite my consistent and repeated requests from the outset, in bold above.

Last edited by chestnutmare; Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:15 PM. Reason: inappropriate
Hitch #50065 Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:40 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Im all for airing this out and I wont let you pretend this has anything to do with who likes what music and shame on you if you persist with that drivel.

Its simple, answer my original request ,that you solicited, repeated below;

Would you mind telling me exactly what is ' really bad' about this? I can understand some God hating ' Amerika last' type saying that but I need an explanation for your comment.

'Really bad' as used by Chestnut is defined in Pilgrims post as
Quote
the way this group shows little respect for the national anthem
My ire was raised when this comment was made public with out support, that is unethical. Hence my complaint. Nothing at all to do with who likes what music as both Chestnut and Pilgrim have tried to paint it for reasons unknown to me.


I cant see how this request is out of line, but then the same Staff re-posted the original even though to them it is disrepectful of the national anthem,go figure... something is not adding up here.

Last edited by Hitch; Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:43 PM.
Hitch #50067 Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:16 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,081
Likes: 2
Tom Offline
Needs to get a Life
Offline
Needs to get a Life
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,081
Likes: 2
Hitch

I don't want to wade too deep into this conversation. However, I think the main issue is whether or not rock music should ever be used in this context.
If rock music is "depraved music" rather than music that is neutral, or a matter of taste then Pilgrim and Chestnut are correct on their stand.
If rock music is indeed "depraved music", then the motives of individuals themselves makes absolutely no difference at all. Ignorance, doesn't negate truth.

I know solid Christians on both sides of the fence on this particular issue.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:21 PM.
Tom #50068 Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:55 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Originally Posted by Tom
Hitch

I don't want to wade too deep into this conversation. However, I think the main issue is whether or not rock music should ever be used in this context.
I've thought a lot about Pilgrims comment in this regard ---getting far closer to the base I reckon fire is a good example. It can kill it can cook dinner it can be a weapon it can be the result of an accident it can even be recreational-there is no evil in fire itself. The same applies to a banjo a cello and even to a guitar.
Quote
If rock music is "depraved music" rather than music that is neutral, or a matter of taste then Pilgrim and Chestnut are correct on their stand.
If rock music is indeed "depraved music", then the motives of individuals themselves makes absolutely no difference at all. Ignorance, doesn't negate truth.

I know solid Christians on both sides of the fence on this particular issue.

Tom
Thanx for the response Tom.

If The Highway wishes to adopt an outright ban on any music that is, may be, could be, or might be considered 'rock' (country ,pop,folk, classical,traditional, jazz,zydeko,ska,rap,romantic on and on ) it is entirely their own business whether I think its silly or not. I dont see how that could apply here though as they did indeed re-post the video. Though I made no such request.
The Highway does not have any right to publicly disparage any one with out good cause and why Chestnut and Pilgrim have declined to explain what it is they see as 'disrepectful of the national anthem' in these videos is beyond all comprehension and unethical. As is their instance that I've made bones about who likes what music, clearly a dodge but I cant imagine any reason for it.

Why not just give a reasonable answer?




I think it is because they simply cant find anything and have arrived at an ethical quandary .It is possible they they have gotten used to this forum being so small and the public aspect of it slipped their mind. As you say if they are correct and Madison is guilty of disrespect Pilgrim and Chestnut have a real christian duty to inform the Marines and any one else who has or might be inclined to use this music thinking it is fine. Something tells me they will not.


Take care

H

Last edited by Hitch; Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:18 AM.
Hitch #50069 Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:56 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 14,073
Likes: 20
Head Honcho
Online Content
Head Honcho
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 14,073
Likes: 20
Originally Posted by Hitch
I think it is because they simply cant find anything and have arrived at an ethical quandary .It is possible they they have gotten used to this forum being so small and the public aspect of it slipped their mind. As you say if they are correct and Madison is guilty of disrespect Pilgrim and Chestnut have a real christian duty to inform the Marines and any one else who has or might be inclined to use this music thinking it is fine. Something tells me they will not.


Take care

H
There is no quandary whatsoever. I for one stated my objection to the video quite clearly to which you took offense, perhaps even more than the offense I found with the video.

1. The music played is ROCK & ROLL, or call it what you like if not R&R, but the incontrovertible fact is that the music played is WORLDLY which is co-mingled with the name of God which is in the lyrics. That is my main objection whether you accept that or not, which obviously you do not. The secondary objection is that the same rejectionable music is used for the National Anthem, aka: The Star Spangled Banner, written by Francis Scott Key. The historical context of the original writing of this song is hardly represented by this type of music and I personally find it dishonoring.

2. If 50 million Marines like it, it doesn't make it any less offensive, disrespectful to the song and unquestionably, no less a violation of the Third Commandment.

3. My basis for the offense and rejection of this video, and and all similar attempts to co-mingle the world's debauchery with that which is honorable and good is biblically based and which teaching I have often written on this Board. So, it should come as no surprise to you and you would be remiss for dismissing it as a valid and/or sincere reason for my objection. Perhaps you are also "moved" with much appreciation for Shai Linne's co-mingling his devilish "hip-hop/rap" music with the Westminster Shorter Catechism? Some very notable pastors think this is god-honoring and a boon to evangelism, etc. So that must mean that what he is doing is unassailable also?

4. However, what is no less pressing at this point is your unbridled contentiousness, misrepresentation of what has been written by those who oppose the video, and disrespect here. It has been asked that you step back and examine yourself in regard to your belligerent attitude. One can plainly see from looking at the number of replies you have in this thread compared to all others combined and it is obvious you are out of control of your emotions and have shown little objectivity in dealing with the subject. Regardless where you stand on the music issue, I will not tolerate this type of behavior here from you nor anyone else. You have been around here for many years and know the Guidelines and seen how those who have chosen to ignore them have been dealt with for the benefit of the community. We/I make no exceptions. What is right, is right and I make no apologies for it.

Thus, the proverbial "ball" is in your court. You may retain your view but you will NOT be allowed to retain the insulting, misrepresentation, flaming, badgering, etc. when addressing others here. I assume this is clear enough for you! scold


[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #50070 Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:20 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Originally Posted by Hitch
I think it is because they simply cant find anything and have arrived at an ethical quandary .It is possible they they have gotten used to this forum being so small and the public aspect of it slipped their mind. As you say if they are correct and Madison is guilty of disrespect Pilgrim and Chestnut have a real christian duty to inform the Marines and any one else who has or might be inclined to use this music thinking it is fine. Something tells me they will not.


Take care

H
There is no quandary whatsoever. I for one stated my objection to the video quite clearly to which you took offense, perhaps even more than the offense I found with the video.
You were clear in saying you though it disrepectful of the national anthem. You were not clear in stating why and how it was so .Thats is all I asked for and the evidence is clear I could not understand your position and neither could Tom, gee Pilgrim thats 100% of the non Staff membership that responded on this thread.
Quote
1. The music played is ROCK & ROLL, or call it what you like if not R&R, but the incontrovertible fact is that the music played is WORLDLY which is co-mingled with the name of God which is in the lyrics. That is my main objection whether you accept that or not, which obviously you do not. The secondary objection is that the same rejectionable music is used for the National Anthem, aka: The Star Spangled Banner, written by Francis Scott Key. The historical context of the original writing of this song is hardly represented by this type of music and I personally find it dishonoring.
well you already know how ridiculous this notion is so theres no point in going over that again. What is worth going over is still the same,from before the post was even put back up I had requested an explanation. None cane until now.
Quote
2. If 50 million Marines like it, it doesn't make it any less offensive, disrespectful to the song and unquestionably, no less a violation of the Third Commandment.
now we can measure your ego.
Quote
3. My basis for the offense and rejection of this video, and and all similar attempts to co-mingle the world's debauchery with that which is honorable and good is biblically based and which teaching I have often written on this Board.
Good for you I've never seen it
Quote
So, it come as no surprise to you and you would be remiss for dismissing it as a valid and/or sincere reason for my objection.
Pilgrim you're really bad at guessing what other folks know and believe ,give it up. It came as a complete surprise to me I had no idea you carried any such objection
Quote
Perhaps you are also "moved" with much appreciation for Shai Linne's co-mingling his devilish "hip-hop/rap" music with the Westminster Shorter Catechism? Some very notable pastors think this is god-honoring and a boon to evangelism, etc. So that must mean that what he is doing is unassailable also?
Ho hum never heard of him but thanks for showing once again your disgusting side, I guess you cant help it.
Quote
4. However, what is no less pressing at this point is your unbridled contentiousness, misrepresentation of what has been written by those who oppose the video, and disrespect here.
I 've been clear my objection was and is and shall be you public disparegament of these young men with out showing cause. You are free to pretend other wise all you want but you and I both know the truth of the matter.
Quote
It has been asked that you step back and examine yourself in regard to your belligerent attitude. One can plainly see from looking at the number of replies you have in this thread compared to all others combined and it is obvious you are out of control of your emotions and have shown little objectivity in dealing with the subject.
Really ? I thought I did pretty well in not addressing the snide ,belittling aspects of your first post. You have quite a talent for carefully worded insults and innuendos. No Pilgrim I dint miss them I just over looked them
Quote
Regardless where you stand on the music issue, I will not tolerate this type of behavior here from you nor anyone else. You have been around here for many years and know the Guidelines and seen how those who have chosen to ignore them have been dealt with for the benefit of the community. We/I make no exceptions. What is right, is right and I make no apologies for it.
You make exception for yourself, see #2 your first post this thread.
Quote
Thus, the proverbial "ball" is in your court. You may retain your view but you will NOT be allowed to retain the insulting, misrepresentation, flaming, badgering, etc. when addressing others here. I assume this is clear enough for you! scold
Like I said Pilgrim Im no match for your ability at subtle insult and innuendo, it just doesnt suit me.



All of this trash could have been avoided with a simple explanation as was requested from before the first post .. And I;ll stand to say once again ;It was deceptive on the part of The Highway to say,imply or intone that any of this had anything to do with tastes in music at all. Completely wrong completely out of line and completely cynical.


I will also repeat that I would never post any version of the Star Spangled Banner that I believed to be any thing but true to the patriotism and fear of God of the original, sadly that is not true of The Highway.

Pilgrim #50071 Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:28 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Hitch Offline OP
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 371
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Originally Posted by Hitch
I love the inyourface DONT TREAD ON ME defiance and the unabashed patriotism.
1) Would I be correct in taking your remark as being sarcasm? IF true, is that really necessary because the unanimous decision of the Staff here didn't care for the way this group shows little respect for the national anthem and that God's name is co-mingled with a form of music which it finds dishonoring to Him but which you found moving?

2) I think your "inyourface [in your face]" comment unsubstantiated and simply reactionary because someone questions your taste in music style. From YOUR in your face response methinks it is obvious that what this is really about is "DO NOT speak negatively about my 'tunes'". scratchchin
I answered this earlier while guessing at what you mean here. It looks like something a druggie would put up I dont get it at all, if you can spare the time would you mind explaining what you meant? I mean beside the insulting nature I got that part. Funny though how what is obvious to you doesnt even exist in reality
Quote
3) As an aside, in my personal opinion what this country is lacking most, but certainly of less importance than its unabashed rejection of the one true God, is a "Don't Tread on Me" defiance and unabashed patriotism against the majority of politicans which are violating the freedoms and rights guaranteed to this country's citizens found in the U.S. Constitution. You may definitely include me as one who is an "unabashed Patriot".

Is this a deal breaker for you? If so, then #2 above certainly rings true, does it not? Why the angst on your part? shrug
What are you talking about ? Breaking what deal? And what angst are you blathering about ? At this point I had posted one line so I have no idea what you're getting at . An explanation would help.

Last edited by Hitch; Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:41 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 34 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
DiscipleEddie, atdcross, NetChaplain, winslowlady, Zach
965 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,304,249 Gospel truth