Donations for the month of May

We have received a total of $185 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Featured Member
Forum Stats
865 Members
30 Forums
6168 Topics
48444 Posts

Max Online: 64 @ Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:52 PM
Top Posters
Pilgrim 13653
J_Edwards 4843
Tom 4125
Wes 3553
chestnutmare 2714
CovenantInBlood 2375
MarieP 2311
RJ_ 2288
John_C 2012
gotribe 1770
Top Posters (30 Days)
AJ Castellitto 34
Pilgrim 34
chestnutmare 21
Tom 19
Mckinley 17
ATulipNotADaisy 10
John_C 7
Robin 7
soldierofChrist 5
Doc for Kenya 2
Recent Posts
The Original Christians were Baptist?
by Tom
Today at 08:22 AM
Never Trump?
by Robin
Today at 04:40 AM
Seeking information
by Robin
Today at 04:35 AM
Go to Him in your emptiness
by chestnutmare
Friday, May 27, 2016 6:24 AM
Wheat & Tares by a Berry
by Pilgrim
Friday, May 27, 2016 4:53 AM
Reaction to this statement
by Tom
Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:49 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Church Locator
Jump to new posts Re: English speaking Reformed Church in Dar es Salaam by chestnutmare @ Today at 10:24 AM

Simon, we have not heard from Myshkin for a very long time. Not sure where he is now. I do hope that you will connect with him soon.
Theology Discussion Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Original Christians were Baptist? by Tom @ Today at 08:22 AM

Pilgrim You are quite right, as much as I like Spurgeon he is wrong on this. From the history I have read on the subject there were the General Baptists (Arminian) and the Particular Baptists (Calvinists). The General Baptists have a slightly older h
Jump to new posts Re: The Original Christians were Baptist? by Pilgrim @ Today at 04:44 AM

Evidently, all the church history books I have read forgot to mention this important "fact" that Baptists originated at the time of Christ have an unbroken line of adherents as a distinguisable group since the time of Christ, along with som
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Never Trump? by Robin @ Today at 04:40 AM

I lean towards the Constitution Party, but as a practical matter I don't think I can vote for their nominee in the general election. I only wish they were more supportive of a Convention of States (Article V).
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking information by Robin @ Today at 04:35 AM

The love of federal dollars has led to the collapse of states' rights in the USA. I wonder if our children will have to endure another "civil war" over the meaning of the 10th Amendment.
Jump to new posts The Original Christians were Baptist? by Mckinley @ Today at 12:20 AM

We believe that the Baptists are the original Christians. We did not commence our existence at the reformation, we were reformers before Luther and Calvin were born; we never came from the Church of Rome, for we were never in it, but we have an unbro
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Never Trump? by AJ Castellitto @ Yesterday at 01:23 PM

Im voting lesser evil, from what I know of McCain and to a lesser extent Romney,which I didn't know when they ran, Trump is probably less objectionable in the long run than either of those 2.... So my conscience is telling me Trump for essentially th
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Never Trump? by Pilgrim @ Yesterday at 12:24 PM

We were first attracted to Trump, despite his rhetoric. But as time went by the question of WHY has he allegedly moved from far left to at least median right kept gnawing away. So, we gravitated toward Cruz, even though I did not find him credible at
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Never Trump? by AJ Castellitto @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

I find Trump morally reprehensible, but minimally electable, at this stage of the game, anyway.... http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/03/the_cringeworthy_candidate.html
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Never Trump? by AJ Castellitto @ Yesterday at 10:36 AM

Libertarians are strictly a rebellion movement against the GOP neoconservative military industrial complex but they have no case to challange arbitrary progressive tyranny cause they removed Godly absolutes from their political platform....so I find
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Never Trump? by John_C @ Yesterday at 10:08 AM

I will most likely not vote in the upcoming Presidential election. The DEMS are just plain worldly, Trump is all over the map, and a narcissist; and the libertarians are basically liberal. I am more libertarian than most of the libertarians. They jus
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Never Trump? by AJ Castellitto @ Yesterday at 09:31 AM

I was a Ted Cruz guy all the way as I thought he was the best chance at protecting Christian values we had.... And at first I was Never Trump. But considering our military guys and other American values I think I should probably vote Trump over a was
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking information by Pilgrim @ Friday, May 27, 2016 6:18 PM

The difference here is that according to the U.S. Constitution, the individual states have the final say on such and most matters. However, there aren't many states that have politicians with any backbone to stand up to such idiocy. The Federal gov't
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking information by Tom @ Friday, May 27, 2016 4:15 PM

I guess what I am referring to for example is the fact that there are laws being passed that make it the right of a man who identifies as a woman to go into woman's washrooms and showers. Apparently in Canada, our Federal Government has laws on the b
Church Locator
Jump to new posts Re: English speaking Reformed Church in Dar es Salaam by Simon @ Friday, May 27, 2016 3:47 PM

Greetings From Tanzania. By Grace of God will be planting the Reformed Baptist Church in Dare salaam. This is after finishing my Pastoral Internship at Kabwata Baptist Church. I was in touch with the person redirected from this group by Pastor Licha
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking information by AJ Castellitto @ Friday, May 27, 2016 1:52 PM

Essentially, we are getting the leaders we deserve. Too many are rejecting the true God as too extreme or judgmental cause they don't want to acknowledge our depravity. We are rejecting GOd for a religious humanist king.... this is what we got in Oba
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking information by AJ Castellitto @ Friday, May 27, 2016 1:28 PM

Originally Posted By: PilgrimI have no reservations in stating that I believe the majority of missionaries are of the Finney variety. But that there is a remnant of faithful missionaries who despite not having the "success" claimed by the m
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking information by AJ Castellitto @ Friday, May 27, 2016 1:17 PM

Originally Posted By: TomAJ Just to clarify, are you saying Christians should not be fighting against things like the trans/gay agenda, or even the abortion issue? Please explain. Tom Hi Tom, I will probably ultimately defer to Pilgrim on this...
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking information by Tom @ Friday, May 27, 2016 10:44 AM

AJ Just to clarify, are you saying Christians should not be fighting against things like the trans/gay agenda, or even the abortion issue? Please explain. Tom
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking information by John_C @ Friday, May 27, 2016 8:12 AM

In southern Presbyterianism, it would be interesting to discover how Scottish Presbyterianism and popular evangelism became so intertwined. I haven't read enough about Dabney or Thornwell to know their exact theology, though both are considered the S
Devotional
Jump to new posts Go to Him in your emptiness by chestnutmare @ Friday, May 27, 2016 6:24 AM

Go to Him in your emptiness, and receive daily out of His fullness! As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord--so walk in Him!" Colossians 2:6 We are apt to think that all we need is to look to Christ as our Sin-bearer; and that,
Jump to new posts Re: Wheat & Tares by a Berry by Pilgrim @ Friday, May 27, 2016 4:53 AM

I don't have a problem with that statement nor do I have any problems with the "Marrow Men" as best I recall. I have read Edward Fisher's The Marrow Controversy and attended a pastor's conference back in 1979 where Sinclair Ferguson gave a
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking information by Pilgrim @ Friday, May 27, 2016 4:47 AM

Tim Keller is a prime example but should NOT be taken as representing the view of other members of the Gospel Coalition. He stands or falls on his own, although how any of who I once considered sound men and are now part of the GC can continue associ
Jump to new posts Re: Wheat & Tares by a Berry by AJ Castellitto @ Friday, May 27, 2016 4:12 AM

Pilgrim what think ye of this.... Neonomism After a long and intense debate, the Marrow men concluded that their opponents had fallen into the opposite error of neonomism or new legalism. Neonomists believed that the New Testament requirements for
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking information by AJ Castellitto @ Friday, May 27, 2016 3:53 AM

Just to add to my previous post, in the States, too many churches, even so called Reformed, are preoccupied with the 'culture war' and fighting Liberalism in the world. While somebody like J. Machen knew where the fight needed to be fought.... The
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Matte Kudasi, AJ Castellitto, BereanMe, Doc for Kenya, soldierofChrist
865 Registered Users
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31