Donations for the month of August

We have received a total of $220 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,473
Posts50,485
Members915
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,235
Tom 3,224
chestnutmare 2,834
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,736
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,578
gotribe 1,057
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 40
Pilgrim 26
John_C 4
Recent Posts
Charlottesville Virginia and White Supremacy
by chestnutmare. Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:22 PM
Introduction the this forum
by Tom. Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:41 PM
Am I living out the Gospel Message
by PerpetualLearner. Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:05 PM
Question Concerning Children and Discipline
by Tom. Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:28 PM
Messianic Jews
by Tom. Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:32 PM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Open Forum
Yesterday at 07:22 PM
Thank you Pilgrim and I apologize for not defining the term. Given some of the things you [Perpetual Learner] were saying, I thought that maybe you might be familiar with this position. ...
see more
125 Views · 8 Comments
Open Forum
Yesterday at 06:35 PM
"Kinism is a white supremacist interpretation of Christianity.[1] The ideology is a "movement of anti-immigrant, 'Southern heritage' separatists who splintered off from Christian Reconstructionism to advocate that God's intended order is 'loving one's kind' by separatin...
see more
125 Views · 8 Comments
Open Forum
Yesterday at 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by chestnutmare Your comments puzzle me PerpetualLearner and so I have to ask you, do you embrace the teachings of kinism? I have never heard of "Kinism" so went to onelook.com to find out what you are talking about. It was not found in any dictiona...
see more
125 Views · 8 Comments
Open Forum
Yesterday at 10:22 AM
Your comments puzzle me PerpetualLearner and so I have to ask you, do you embrace the teachings of kinism?...
see more
125 Views · 8 Comments
Quotes
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:40 PM
Whilst we live here, there is a fight and strife in us which are the elect and, children of God;" "the flesh," outward man, body, and "old man," striving against "the spirit," inward man, "new man," and "new creature:" that i...
see more
9 Views · 0 Comments
Open Forum
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:07 PM
Originally Posted by goldenoldieOriginally Posted by PerpetualLearner "ethnocentrism [(eth-noh- sen -triz-uhm)] The belief that one's own culture is superior to all others and is the standard by which all other cultures should be measured. Note : Early social scientis...
see more
125 Views · 8 Comments
Open Forum
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by PerpetualLearner "ethnocentrism [(eth-noh- sen -triz-uhm)] The belief that one's own culture is superior to all others and is the standard by which all other cultures should be measured. Note : Early social scientists in the nineteenth century ope...
see more
125 Views · 8 Comments
Devotional
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:41 AM
Thought you would like a good laugh at my expense. I must admit that when I read the introduction to this particular forum, I am embarrassed to admit that when I first saw the words "Contemplative Maturials.." my mind went directly to Contemplative Spirituality. Then ...
see more
22 Views · 0 Comments
Open Forum
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:26 AM
Thanks for your input, it helps to educate me on this sensitive issue. You will notice that I never commented on the issue. The reason I didn't is because I am too far removed from the situation; as I live in Canada. My view is that it is unwise to comment on things before you do...
see more
125 Views · 8 Comments
Theology Discussion Forum
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:05 PM
Originally Posted by PilgrimOriginally Posted by PerpetualLearner I hesitate to use non-biblical words when discussing words and doctrines of Scripture and I do not see "missionary" of today equivalent to the biblical "evangelist". Sorry, but I couldn't let th...
see more
239 Views · 17 Comments
Open Forum
Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:12 PM
Originally Posted by TomI was just made aware of something that is unfolding in Charlottesville, Virginia concerning White Supremacy and racisim. At this point, because I don't know how reliable the source is, I don't want to comment. However, I thought I would put this out to ot...
see more
125 Views · 8 Comments
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:35 PM
Originally Posted by PerpetualLearner I hesitate to use non-biblical words when discussing words and doctrines of Scripture and I do not see "missionary" of today equivalent to the biblical "evangelist". Sorry, but I couldn't let this statement go unquestioned...
see more
239 Views · 17 Comments
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:06 PM
Originally Posted by TomOriginally Posted by PilgrimJohn Calvin is known to have supported and sent out many missionaries. This is not to suggest that John Calvin is the standard of all truth. But the view that "evangelists" existed as "office bearers", that t...
see more
239 Views · 17 Comments
ExCharisma
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:41 PM
I heard further information concerning Benny Hinn's nephew. I was told that he is a Reformed Christian who actively speaks out against the prosperity gospel that he grew up with. I find it quite odd, I have not been hearing more about this issue. Tom...
see more
550 Views · 4 Comments
Open Forum
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:28 PM
My boss who lives in low income housing; was telling me about an incident he had with his daughter. His daughter had been misbehaving and he had gave her a stern talking to. A little later, his daughter went out on the front steps and cried. An old lady saw her crying and came u...
see more
30 Views · 0 Comments
Open Forum
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:47 PM
I thought I would let you know, I was talking to a non-Christian work colleague, the other day about your post. He told me, that this is actually old news. Adding that he doesn’t know if the banker is still alive; but does believe the people who run the world are evil men. He is ...
see more
70 Views · 1 Comments
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by PilgrimJohn Calvin is known to have supported and sent out many missionaries. This is not to suggest that John Calvin is the standard of all truth. But the view that "evangelists" existed as "office bearers", that the office was extraordin...
see more
239 Views · 17 Comments
Open Forum
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:10 PM
I was just made aware of something that is unfolding in Charlottesville, Virginia concerning White Supremacy and racisim. At this point, because I don't know how reliable the source is, I don't want to comment. However, I thought I would put this out to others for comment. http:/...
see more
125 Views · 8 Comments
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:02 PM
John Calvin is known to have supported and sent out many missionaries. This is not to suggest that John Calvin is the standard of all truth. But the view that "evangelists" existed as "office bearers", that the office was extraordinary (were pastor/teachers ex...
see more
239 Views · 17 Comments
Open Forum
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:32 PM
Pilgrim Yes I was aware that they were Semi-Pelagian and although that is important. I don't think that would bother her. Sigh... What made her leave her former Church, is they started teaching a form of 'contemplate spirituality' and when she approached the pastor about her conc...
see more
84 Views · 2 Comments
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:24 PM
By the way, although I may be mistaken. My understanding is that evangelists/missionaries are actually elders sent out under the authority of the Church. Tom...
see more
239 Views · 17 Comments
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:13 PM
It surprised me to learn that men like Owen, Wesley and even Matthew Henry believe the office of evangelist/missionary no longer exists. My understanding is that many of the Puritans themselves were missionaries. Although I am not a huge fan of Wesley for obvious reasons, if he t...
see more
239 Views · 17 Comments
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:02 PM
Pilgrim you are correct that Baptists do err when it comes to the office of deacon. I am happy to say that the Baptist Church I attend, recognizes this err and does not practice that belief. Unfortunately, I believe we are probably the exception rather than the rule. Tom...
see more
239 Views · 17 Comments
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:41 PM
Pilgrim Although I have not listened to the broadcast myself. When you said you were perplexed at those things, I was happy to see that I was not the only one who was perplexed. God's Sovereignty to the Christian should be a great source of encouragement to them. My pastor is do...
see more
54 Views · 2 Comments
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:14 PM
I listened to the podcast for about 10 minutes and gave up because the subject was on an entirely different subject. However, I am rather perplexed that the person you heard suggested that preaching on the sovereignty of God "opened up a need for greater pastoral counsel es...
see more
54 Views · 2 Comments
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 16 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Petey Bad, Derwood, lynn, PerpetualLearner, TruthSeeker
915 Registered Users
Shout Box
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31