Donations for the month of September

We have received a total of $40 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Featured Member
Forum Stats
782 Members
30 Forums
5874 Topics
47199 Posts

Max Online: 41 @ Saturday, June 30, 2012 7:54 AM
Top Posters
Pilgrim 13341
J_Edwards 4843
Tom 3901
Wes 3553
chestnutmare 2474
CovenantInBlood 2375
MarieP 2311
RJ_ 2288
John_C 1903
gotribe 1767
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pilgrim 25
Tom 20
chestnutmare 7
Robin 6
rstrats 4
John_C 4
calvin 2
Tom Mor 2
jerrybarry24 1
Recent Posts
Scripture Inherency
by Tom
Yesterday at 05:22 PM
Belief a Choice?
by chestnutmare
Yesterday at 07:55 AM
The death of Jesus
by Pilgrim
Saturday, September 13, 2014 11:12 AM
Agree or Disagree?
by Tom
Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:53 PM
Merit and Moses: A Critique of the Klinean Doctrine of Republication
by Pilgrim
Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:14 AM
Book of Revelation Question
by calvin
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:57 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Theology Discussion Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Something I read in my devotional by Tom @ Yesterday at 05:22 PM

I have no idea why you made these comments to me. I could understand it if I was not reading the confessions, creeds etc... In fact, since I read the material that I started this thread with; I have done a lot of research, such as this thread, articl
Jump to new posts Re: Something I read in my devotional by Robin @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

It's like the kid in school who is always asking friends, "Would you please do my homework for me?"
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Belief a Choice? by chestnutmare @ Yesterday at 07:55 AM

rstrats, I am confused. I thought that you were the OP and well, I don't understand the leprechaun connection at all. People can choose to believe what they want. And certainly some people have chosen to believe in leprechauns. People choose to belie
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Belief a Choice? by Pilgrim @ Yesterday at 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By: rstratsPilgrim, re: "...what exactly is the point you are trying to make?" I'm not trying to make a point. The OP is simply asking someone who thinks that they have the ability to consciously choose to believe thin
Jump to new posts Re: Something I read in my devotional by chestnutmare @ Yesterday at 06:45 AM

For your further edification, I would encourage you to read through the historic Creeds and Confessions. Here is what the Belgic has to say regarding the Bible. Belgic Confession Article 3: The Written Word of God We confess that this Word of God
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Belief a Choice? by rstrats @ Yesterday at 06:36 AM

Pilgrim, re: "...what exactly is the point you are trying to make?" I'm not trying to make a point. The OP is simply asking someone who thinks that they have the ability to consciously choose to believe things to demonstrate their abili
Jump to new posts Re: Something I read in my devotional by chestnutmare @ Yesterday at 05:57 AM

How many times and in how many ways has Pilgrim said this to you? Guess Stephen Nichols got it eh? When things come easy, it seems people rarely pay attention. Is that right? Read the thread Tom. It was explained in great detail to you. There are als
Jump to new posts Something I read in my devotional by Tom @ Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:44 PM

Hi For those who have been following this thread this morning as I was reading the weekend addition of the devotional I read (Table Talk), there was an interview of Dr. Stephen Nichols, where part of the interview fit right in with the doctrine of in
Jump to new posts Re: The death of Jesus by Pilgrim @ Saturday, September 13, 2014 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By: John_CI may not be asking this correctly, so feel free to change the question(s). When Jesus was crucified was it only His human nature that died, not His divine nature? How does blood reflect in His divine nature? Is it absen
Jump to new posts The death of Jesus by John_C @ Saturday, September 13, 2014 10:25 AM

I may not be asking this correctly, so feel free to change the question(s). When Jesus was crucified was it only His human nature that died, not His divine nature? How does blood reflect in His divine nature? Is it absent? The definition of nature
Jump to new posts Re: A response From the Author by Tom @ Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:15 AM

Pilgrim There is nothing in what you said that I would disagree with, except maybe the fact that I am not sure he meant what you think he meant when he said that (as you put it) Quote:but then turns around and says the Bible could contain error. I th
Jump to new posts Re: A response From the Author by Pilgrim @ Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:18 PM

Originally Posted By: TomPilgrim† You have said several times now that the writer of the article does not believe in the inerrancy of Scripture. Yet the author himself stated that he does believe in the inerrancy of Scripture. Yes, he has said he bel
Jump to new posts Re: A response From the Author by Tom @ Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:33 PM

Pilgrim† You have said several times now that the writer of the article does not believe in the inerrancy of Scripture. Yet the author himself stated that he does believe in the inerrancy of Scripture. The problem I see, is he sees the work of Christ
Jump to new posts Re: A response From the Author by Pilgrim @ Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: TomPilgrim Perhaps I should reword it to say something like if we were talking theoretical, I would agree with you... Concerning the word inerrant, although I did not mention that particular word, I think what I mentioned does c
Jump to new posts Re: A response From the Author by Tom @ Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:31 PM

Pilgrim Perhaps I should reword it to say something like if we were talking theoretical, I would agree with you... Concerning the word inerrant, although I did not mention that particular word, I think what I mentioned does cover it. Tom
Jump to new posts Re: A response From the Author by jerrybarry24 @ Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:57 AM

Fascinating discussion
Jump to new posts Re: A response From the Author by Pilgrim @ Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Tom Quote:Thank you for responding. Theoretically speaking I agree with you. The Scriptures donít make the person and work of Jesus less real. However, we live in the real world, what we have is Scripture, which must not be view
Jump to new posts Re: A response From the Author by Tom @ Tuesday, September 9, 2014 9:22 PM

Hi Pilgrim A have made a rough draft of how I want ro respond to him. I want to do so without giving too much detail, therefore I have cut it to the bare bones. Here is what I m thinking of saying. Quote:Thank you for responding. Theoretically speak
Jump to new posts Re: Must Be Using the Wrong Bait by Tom @ Tuesday, September 9, 2014 1:26 PM

Robin Please forgive my bad attempt at interjecting a little humour into this thread. Concerning my biting on this topic, why wouldn't I bite? Considering that site is supposed to be Reformed and has helped me in the past. To a lessor extent it is
Jump to new posts Re: A response From the Author by Pilgrim @ Tuesday, September 9, 2014 9:30 AM

Originally Posted By: TomStill haven't had a lot of time to think about his response to me; however his answer makes me think that perhaps he might believe that if there are errors in Scripture it only means that the word "inspiration" does
Jump to new posts Re: A response From the Author by Pilgrim @ Tuesday, September 9, 2014 9:14 AM

1. Without an INFALLIBLE and INERRANT record of the historical events, one cannot know with any certainty that they actually occurred, never mind being able to know what they mean, etc. 2. The life and death of Christ is but a part of the whole, alb
Jump to new posts Re: Must Be Using the Wrong Bait by Robin @ Tuesday, September 9, 2014 4:50 AM

Originally Posted By: TomNo more bites on this topic? You wrote that you're trying to understand what the author means. As foggy as his reply seems, it's still obvious that he wants his Christianity "cafeteria style." He'd rather ju
Jump to new posts Must Be Using the Wrong Bait by Tom @ Monday, September 8, 2014 10:20 PM

No more bites on this topic?
Jump to new posts Re: A response From the Author by Tom @ Monday, September 8, 2014 7:59 PM

Still haven't had a lot of time to think about his response to me; however his answer makes me think that perhaps he might believe that if there are errors in Scripture it only means that the word "inspiration" doesn't mean there are no err
Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jocelyne Louise, jerrybarry24, GRM, calvin, dawie
782 Registered Users
Shout Box

September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30