Donations for the month of December

We have received a total of $40 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Featured Member
Forum Stats
883 Members
30 Forums
6268 Topics
48980 Posts

Max Online: 72 @ Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:03 PM
Top Posters
Pilgrim 13797
J_Edwards 4843
Tom 4239
Wes 3553
chestnutmare 2752
CovenantInBlood 2375
MarieP 2311
RJ_ 2288
John_C 2041
gotribe 1780
Top Posters (30 Days)
Tom 19
Pilgrim 16
chestnutmare 10
AJ Castellitto 6
John_C 5
Robin 2
Relztrah 2
Mckinley 1
Meta4 1
Recent Posts
Ecclesiastical Text Debate
by Tom
12:17 PM
How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever?
by chestnutmare
09:29 AM
The LORD is good unto them that wait for him
by chestnutmare
08:00 AM
What doctrine is most hated?
by chestnutmare
07:17 AM
"Give Yourself Wholly to Them" by J.C. Ryle
by Pilgrim
Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:37 AM
James White Debate
by Tom
Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:12 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Theology Discussion Forum
Jump to new posts Ecclesiastical Text Debate by Tom @ Yesterday at 12:17 PM

Recently I watched a part of an on going debate on the Ecclesiastical text between James White and Pastor Truelove. I found a lot of it to be a little over my head, however it would seem that James White believes that things like a long ending in Ma
Devotional
Jump to new posts How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? by chestnutmare @ Yesterday at 09:29 AM

Psalm 13:1 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? 1. How long, O Jehovah. It is very true that David was so greatly hated by the generality of people, on account of the calumnies and false reports w
Devotional
Jump to new posts The LORD is good unto them that wait for him by chestnutmare @ Yesterday at 08:00 AM

The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. Lamentations 3:24 The Prophet intimates in this verse that we cannot stand firm in adversities, except we be content with God alone and his favor; for as soon as we depart from him
Jump to new posts Re: What doctrine is most hated? by chestnutmare @ Yesterday at 07:17 AM

The quote which Gerstner alluded to in his lecture on TULIP by George Whitefield. Come, ye dead, Christless, unconverted sinner, come and see the place where they laid the body of the deceased Lazarus; behold him laid out, bound hand and foot with g
Jump to new posts Re: What doctrine is most hated? by Pilgrim @ Yesterday at 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By: TomI can only tell you my experience concerning the doctrines of grace. Unfortunately Tom, your experience is woefully limited and thus not a sound basis upon which to make an accurate judgment. There can be no question that Dr
Jump to new posts Re: What doctrine is most hated? by chestnutmare @ Yesterday at 05:03 AM

One year ago, in the Article of the Month, we published John Gerstner's lecture from 1978 PCRT Conference on TULIP and he had this to say regarding which of the 5 Points that was most troublesome for people to accept. In his classic manner, he expre
Jump to new posts Re: What doctrine is most hated? by Tom @ Sunday, December 4, 2016 9:57 PM

I can only tell you my experience concerning the doctrines of grace.
Jump to new posts Re: What doctrine is most hated? by Pilgrim @ Sunday, December 4, 2016 9:30 PM

I have to agree with Robin on this one, i.e., the most hated, despised, distorted and rejected doctrine of all of Calvinism is the doctrine of "Total Depravity". Did you ever notice that our beloved "T-U-L-I-P" is really a rearran
Jump to new posts Re: What doctrine is most hated? by Meta4 @ Sunday, December 4, 2016 7:38 PM

The following was, and quite timely to this thread, I think, in our bulletin today: Quote:To say I don’t believe in Election is easy and dishonest. If any doctrine is in the Bible, it is to be believed, held and proclaimed regardless of results. An
Jump to new posts Re: What doctrine is most hated? by Tom @ Saturday, December 3, 2016 7:27 PM

Robin In many cases I think you are correct about Total Depravity. Yet, over the years I have run into a lot of Reformed Christians whose experience is the same as mine. They had already embraced the doctrines of grace, but they did so because they b
Jump to new posts Re: What doctrine is most hated? by AJ Castellitto @ Saturday, December 3, 2016 6:32 PM

Hell, Judgement, Eternity..... Most folks who hate these are pretty Universalist if you press em..... Most atheists find eternal salvation pretty unappealing as well..... I think most arminians who are pressed on these matters either ultimately lean
Jump to new posts Re: What doctrine is most hated? by Robin @ Saturday, December 3, 2016 4:16 AM

Total Depravity in my opinion. It is the root of all the bitterness people have about the doctrine of election. People don't want to be told that they are by nature helpless, weak, spiritually dead, and desperately wicked.
Jump to new posts Re: What doctrine is most hated? by Tom @ Friday, December 2, 2016 10:12 PM

John I like your answer of the sovereignty of God, I actually was thinking of election. Then I remember my embracing the doctrines of grace, in particular where it comes to Romans chapter 9. Why I mention this is because when was able to fully embrac
Jump to new posts Re: What doctrine is most hated? by John_C @ Friday, December 2, 2016 5:38 PM

I would say the Sovereignty of God. We, as sinners, want to put ourselves on the throne. And, being submerged with the idea of democracy, having a Sovereign God runs counter to all our concepts that we have been ingrained with outside of church. A
Jump to new posts Re: What doctrine is most hated? by Mckinley @ Friday, December 2, 2016 10:54 AM

I feel that the most problems I have come in contact with regarding the doctrines of grace, a.k.a. Calvinism, has to be their rejection of particular redemption, or limited atonement,.. whichever way we pronounce it is offensive to their understandin
Jump to new posts What doctrine is most hated? by Pilgrim @ Friday, December 2, 2016 7:54 AM

Of all the doctrines of biblical Christianity, aka: historic Calvinism do you think is most hated? And, what is your reason for your choice?
What's New on The Highway website?
Jump to new posts "Give Yourself Wholly to Them" by J.C. Ryle by Pilgrim @ Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:37 AM

This month's article is the 3rd installment of J.C. Ryle's Warning to the Churches which is an exposition and application of 1Tim 4:15. Quote:There are those, of whom their congregations have said, that when they were in the pulpit—they were so good
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: James White Debate by Tom @ Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:12 PM

Try this one instead. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1308104912573555&id=509454675771920 The Arminian is Frank Turik debating Silverman. White contrasts how Turik debates Silverman, and how he debated Silverman.
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: James White Debate by Tom @ Wednesday, November 30, 2016 2:26 PM

Sorry Pilgrim The link that I originally watched was just part of the debate. Tom
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: James White Debate by Pilgrim @ Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Tom Anyway, I would recommend you watch the short debate. Tom Short debate? It is 3 hours 8 minutes long. So, if that is a short debate, what do you consider to be a long debate?
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: James White Debate by Tom @ Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:53 PM

Hmm...not sure where you got the idea I was saying White was an atheist. Especially seeing I said he did an excellent job at upholding God's sovereignty. An atheist would never uphold God's sovereignty. Anyway, I would recommend you watch the short d
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: James White Debate by John_C @ Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:20 PM

Might be misreading, but James White is no atheist.
Open Forum
Jump to new posts James White Debate by Tom @ Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:53 PM

I watched the following debate and thought it was worth posting here. White does a really good job in my opinion upholding God's sovereignty. I saw the same atheist White debated against an Arminian apologist. Where the Arminian used a free-will argu
Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Pilgrimer, Jaskaa, Seema, India14Love@, paul42
883 Registered Users
Shout Box

December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31