Donations for the month of January

We have received a total of $170 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Featured Member
Forum Stats
802 Members
30 Forums
5966 Topics
47482 Posts

Max Online: 41 @ Saturday, June 30, 2012 7:54 AM
Top Posters
Pilgrim 13403
J_Edwards 4843
Tom 3943
Wes 3553
chestnutmare 2547
CovenantInBlood 2375
MarieP 2311
RJ_ 2288
John_C 1929
gotribe 1767
Top Posters (30 Days)
chestnutmare 12
Pilgrim 12
Robin 11
John_C 10
Myshkin 4
Tom 3
Tom Mor 2
Recent Posts
In Nehemiah 3
by John_C
Today at 08:15 AM
Ben Carson
by Pilgrim
Sunday, January 25, 2015 8:59 PM
The Kingdom
by Pilgrim
Saturday, January 24, 2015 6:12 AM
HAPPY 19TH ANNIVERSARY DEAR HIGHWAY !
by John_C
Friday, January 23, 2015 1:17 PM
the doers of the law shall be justified
by chestnutmare
Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:07 PM
the law leads to faith, albeit by a surprising route!
by chestnutmare
Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:05 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: In Nehemiah 3 by John_C @ Today at 08:15 AM

Thanks, my SS teacher was reading from the ESV, and when I got home I re-read it using the NASB. My assumption of their being only one district in Jerusalem is probably what got me off track. I assumed Jerusalem was one district making the two hal
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: In Nehemiah 3 by Pilgrim @ Yesterday at 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: John_CThis may be too technical, but these questions came to my mind when reading the chapter. What does 'the official of half the district of Jerusalem' refer? What is a district? What is a half district? What is the official
Open Forum
Jump to new posts In Nehemiah 3 by John_C @ Yesterday at 09:52 AM

This may be too technical, but these questions came to my mind when reading the chapter. What does 'the official of half the district of Jerusalem' refer? What is a district? What is a half district? What is the official? Elsewhere the chapter sp
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ben Carson by Pilgrim @ Sunday, January 25, 2015 8:59 PM

Personally, I always vote according to my conscience and NOT whoever the establishment puts up and endorses because in nearly every case, the 'poster boy' candidate is fraught with undesirables. More directly in regard to your question, I always vot
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ben Carson by Myshkin @ Saturday, January 24, 2015 2:20 PM

You haven't mentioned the most serious error--their belief in extra-biblical revelation, primarily through their prophetess, Ellen G. White. "As the Lord's messenger, her writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth and provide f
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ben Carson by John_C @ Saturday, January 24, 2015 7:41 AM

Though all that you say is true and I agree with, I was thinking would it dismay some of his ardent, Bible-believing Christian supporters. With me not being a vocal supporter, somewhat a silent, sideline admirer, I think less of him now. Now should
Theology Discussion Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Kingdom by Pilgrim @ Saturday, January 24, 2015 6:12 AM

There are two biblical definitions of "The Kingdom of God"... 1. The entire world which God is the supreme Ruler over all His creation. 2. The specific providential outworking of God's redemption of His chosen people; the elect throughout
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ben Carson by chestnutmare @ Saturday, January 24, 2015 5:54 AM

Supporters for what John exactly? A run for the presidency in 2016? I don't think that the establishment GOP will put him up for that and will rerun another of their favorites. Also, he has not established himself as a credible candidate yet. I like
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HAPPY 19TH ANNIVERSARY DEAR HIGHWAY ! by John_C @ Friday, January 23, 2015 1:17 PM

Thanks for all the work and love that it takes for persevering these 19 years in giving us such a valuable resource.
Theology Discussion Forum
Jump to new posts The Kingdom by John_C @ Friday, January 23, 2015 9:49 AM

Why do so many stumble over the Kingdom of God. WCF 25 confesses it is the church, but so many confuse it with dominion. It the primary reason is that the church today is held in such low esteem. What kind of problems will we or can we see with a
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Ben Carson by John_C @ Friday, January 23, 2015 9:41 AM

Ben Carson is the darling of many conservative Christians. This morning, I read that he is a 7th Day Adventist. I wonder if that will dampen some of his supporters, and should it or not?
ExCharisma
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing With Charismatics by Pilgrim @ Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:35 PM

Originally Posted By: TomPilgrim I will let the following link answer for me. http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/qna/arminians.html Okay, so you would be part of the "Tolerant Calvinist" group, which the author of the art
ExCharisma
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing With Charismatics by Tom @ Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:16 PM

Pilgrim I will let the following link answer for me. http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/qna/arminians.html RC Sproul and Michael Horton answer this much the same way.
Devotional
Jump to new posts the doers of the law shall be justified by chestnutmare @ Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:07 PM

But the doers of the law shall be justified.’ Yes, this is so if a person has kept the law, but first show me such a man. In the same Epistle to the Romans, Paul later declares that God’s promise of eternal life to all who keep his law is of no value
Devotional
Jump to new posts the law leads to faith, albeit by a surprising route! by chestnutmare @ Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:05 PM

Now, the prophet had spoken about the chastisements and judgments that God would send on the people; therefore, having examined the situation, we might well have concluded that all was lost. Then he says that the pride of the wicked will swell and in
Devotional
Jump to new posts Let the wicked forsake his way by chestnutmare @ Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:01 PM

“Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.”— Isaiah 55:7 How would it be consistent with the holiness of Go
Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Han, ruyi668, earstohear, Michael D Rourke, meisjemeurs
802 Registered Users
Shout Box

January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31