Donations for the month of May

We have received a total of $40 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Featured Member
Forum Stats
821 Members
30 Forums
6001 Topics
47676 Posts

Max Online: 41 @ Saturday, June 30, 2012 7:54 AM
Top Posters
Pilgrim 13469
J_Edwards 4843
Tom 3973
Wes 3553
chestnutmare 2565
CovenantInBlood 2375
MarieP 2311
RJ_ 2288
John_C 1946
gotribe 1767
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pilgrim 16
Tom 13
Charlemagne 5
chestnutmare 4
Lichawa Thole 2
Mckinley 2
Myshkin 2
Robin 2
John_C 1
goldenoldie 1
Recent Posts
Was God's wrath or His delight upon Christ on the cross?
by Pilgrim
Today at 09:17 AM
Reflections on Dawkins' "The Blind watchmaker"
by Pilgrim
Friday, May 1, 2015 4:15 AM
Evangelicals and Homosexual Marriage
by Tom
Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:54 AM
Reading Classics Together
by Tom
Saturday, April 25, 2015 9:42 PM
John MacArthur's view on the blood
by Tom
Friday, April 24, 2015 11:11 AM
Limted Atonement Discussion
by Tom
Sunday, April 12, 2015 5:30 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Theology Discussion Forum
Originally Posted By: CharlemagneHello Pilgrim, First of all, there are these two verses that would seem to say he was not cursed by God, but only cursed by the mouths of blasphemous Jews both while he hung on the cross as well as by those who claim
Church Locator
Jump to new posts Re: English speaking Reformed Church in Dar es Salaam by Lichawa Thole @ Today at 07:27 AM

Hello Myshkin. It's sad that Misheck hasn't contacted you yet despite your efforts. Kindly contact brother Simon a Tanzanian national who is currently doing his pastoral internship at Kabwata Baptist Church. You can reach him on truesimonpatiloson@gm
Hello Pilgrim, Please be patient with me. As I've had time, I've been looking into how it is that Jesus Christ was cursed on the cross and was made to be sin on the cross. This post is about Jesus Christ becoming a curse for our sakes. There are
"Implies" is definitive. You need to show that curse does not imply wrath in order to reject the statement.
Church Locator
Do you know if any progress has been made on this? I've emailed Misheck twice and left a message at Kabwata's web site, but haven't received any reply. We've had to leave the church we were attending mainly because it began emphasizing decisional r
What's New on The Highway website?
Jump to new posts Reflections on Dawkins' "The Blind watchmaker" by Pilgrim @ Friday, May 1, 2015 4:15 AM

This month's Article of the Month is a bit different, but I am confident that most will truly enjoy and benefit from it. The author, Dallas Willard, takes the views of Stephen Dawkins to task which are expressed in his book, The Blind Watchmaker. The
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Evangelicals and Homosexual Marriage by Tom @ Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:54 AM

Ruyi668 Welcome to the Highway, may the Highway be used as a tool to help you grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. Can you tell us what is happening in the area of homosexual marriage in China, both in the Church and society? T
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Evangelicals and Homosexual Marriage by ruyi668 @ Thursday, April 30, 2015 7:19 AM

I am from China. I am a Christian. I think homosexuality is evil.
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Evangelicals and Homosexual Marriage by Tom @ Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:15 PM

Pilgrim When I said that the majority of evangelical favour gay marriage, I did so based on articles I have read that give statistics. Personally I didn't think it was that high. The link that I provided is one such article that give statistics. As
Jump to new posts Re: Was God's wrath or His delight upon Christ on the cross? by Pilgrim @ Wednesday, April 29, 2015 8:28 AM

1. A meaningful dialog can only exist if both parties respond in an appropriate manner, i.e., when questions posted are answered and they stay on topic. Unfortunately, you have not adhered to either of these principles, but rather you simply restate
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Evangelicals and Homosexual Marriage by Pilgrim @ Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:07 AM

Originally Posted By: TomIt appears that the majority of evangelicals have already embraced the rights of homosexuals to be married; thus denying the biblical model of marriage between a man and woman. I'm curious to know by what source you rest on t
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Evangelicals and Homosexual Marriage by Tom @ Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:17 PM

Homosexual Marriage What I am about to say should not come as a surprise to anybody who has followed the homosexual marriage issue in Canada, the USA and many other nations. It appears that the majority of evangelicals have already embraced the right
Quotes
Jump to new posts Re: Free will by John_C @ Tuesday, April 28, 2015 7:37 PM

Would Augustine, Edwards and Sproul be in agreement with Zwingli? Here is what I gather the three (Augustine, Edwards & Sproul) position on the topic of free will. They throw in liberty. Sproul in his 'Free Will' study cites Augustine and Edwar
Jump to new posts Re: Was God's wrath or His delight upon Christ on the cross? by Charlemagne @ Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:36 PM

Hello Chestnutmare, There was this interesting statement in the article you linked: Quote: It was not that the Father hated his Son on the Cross. There was no emotional anger on the Fatherís part. He never ceased to love the Son in whom he was w
Jump to new posts Re: Was God's wrath or His delight upon Christ on the cross? by chestnutmare @ Sunday, April 26, 2015 6:14 PM

Hi Charlemagne, Thank you for making this post. It provides an opportunity to consider this error which I have heard others make yet not articulate, so while I see some serious problems with this view, I am glad we can now discuss this topic. This
Jump to new posts Re: Was God's wrath or His delight upon Christ on the cross? by Pilgrim @ Sunday, April 26, 2015 4:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Charlemagne Hello Pilgrim, If God's attitude does not "change" then how would you understand a verse such as this: "And through Him to reconcile all to Him(making peace through the blood of His cross), through
Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Gholsonmike, celese, Roget, Denise Hopeman, Vinny
821 Registered Users
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30