Donations for the month of February

We have received a total of $140 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Featured Member
Tom
Tom
Forum Stats
813 Members
30 Forums
5975 Topics
47537 Posts

Max Online: 41 @ Saturday, June 30, 2012 7:54 AM
Top Posters
Pilgrim 13423
J_Edwards 4843
Tom 3944
Wes 3553
chestnutmare 2553
CovenantInBlood 2375
MarieP 2311
RJ_ 2288
John_C 1937
gotribe 1767
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pilgrim 21
Theodore A.Jones 11
chestnutmare 7
John_C 7
friendoftruths 3
Tim 2
muchforgiven 1
Tom 1
prodigal 1
Recent Posts
God's love
by Tim
3 minutes 3 seconds ago
Question asked for the Reformed
by prodigal
Today at 09:37 AM
The church calender helps us to be balanced - I disagree
by Pilgrim
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:15 AM
Current Heaven
by Pilgrim
Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:23 AM
Dialogue between the law of God and a sinful man saved by grace.
by chestnutmare
Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:11 PM
Gospel truth
by Pilgrim
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:18 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Theology Discussion Forum
Jump to new posts Re: God's love by Tim @ 10 minutes 24 seconds ago

However, Matt. 5 calls that "kindness or benevolence" to our enemies love (vs. 44). How are we loving our enemies when we show kindness to them but not when God shows kindness to them? Could we be splitting hairs at the point we try to di
Jump to new posts Re: God's love by Pilgrim @ 58 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TimThanks for the reply! Do you think that part of the problem might be in our English use of the terms love and hate? We tend to use them as mutual exclusives. I donít think the Scripture uses them that way. For example, we
Jump to new posts Re: God's love by Tim @ Today at 11:34 AM

Thanks for the reply! Do you think that part of the problem might be in our English use of the terms love and hate? We tend to use them as mutual exclusives. I donít think the Scripture uses them that way. For example, we are told to love our ene
Quotes
Jump to new posts THE SANCTITY OF TRUTH by chestnutmare @ Today at 10:03 AM

(1) Samuel carried into effect what the Lord asked him to say and do. ĎAnd Samuel did that which the Lord spake, and came to Beth-lehem. And the elders of the city came to meet him trembling, and said, Comest thou peaceably? And he said, Peaceably: I
Jump to new posts Re: Question asked for the Reformed by prodigal @ Today at 09:37 AM

Hi Both "Q: If God alone grants repentance, then why does God become angry at unrepentance? For example, in the letters of Revelation, Christ said that He gave Jezebel time to repent, but she didn't, so He's going to throw her into a bed of sic
Quotes
Jump to new posts Providence by chestnutmare @ Today at 09:19 AM

"Öthe knowledge of a general and universal Providence is vague and confused, unless we hold, at the same time, the belief, and indulge the contemplation, that God covers under the wings of His care each single one of His creatures. To teach us t
Jump to new posts Re: God's love by Pilgrim @ Today at 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By: TimCan we speak about God's benevolence as love (agape) even when shown to the reprobate? Obviously, this would have to be distinguished from the saving love that He has for His elect. Personally, I would answer "yes&qu
Jump to new posts God's love by Tim @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Can we speak about God's benevolence as love (agape) even when shown to the reprobate? Obviously, this would have to be distinguished from the saving love that He has for His elect. Personally, I would answer "yes" to the question. Thoug
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The church calender helps us to be balanced - I disagree by Pilgrim @ Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:15 AM

Originally Posted By: John_COne of the questions I had on the use of the church calendar is this. It seems that it would be impossible to preach expositionally with a calendar. I mean at best, the exposition of a few chapters of book, but not all the
Open Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The church calender helps us to be balanced - I disagree by John_C @ Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:37 AM

One of the questions I had on the use of the church calendar is this. It seems that it would be impossible to preach expositionally with a calendar. I mean at best, the exposition of a few chapters of book, but not all the book. Isn't preaching throu
Jump to new posts Re: Current Heaven by Pilgrim @ Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:23 AM

Originally Posted By: John_COkay, that's helpful Now, how about our souls. Where do they go and what state are they in when they are waiting to be joined with their spiritual bodies at the 2nd Coming? What about Christ Jesus. Where was He dwelling
Jump to new posts Re: Current Heaven by John_C @ Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:04 AM

Okay, that's helpful Now, how about our souls. Where do they go and what state are they in when they are waiting to be joined with their spiritual bodies at the 2nd Coming? What about Christ Jesus. Where was He dwelling and what state before His 1
Jump to new posts Re: Current Heaven by Pilgrim @ Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:59 AM

Originally Posted By: John_CWhat does the the new earth and heavens mean? Is it that God will redeemed and renew the current earth, and that will be the eternal dwelling place of glorified man? If that is the teaching, then it seems as if God would h
Jump to new posts Re: Current Heaven by John_C @ Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:31 AM

What does the the new earth and heavens mean? Is it that God will redeemed and renew the current earth, and that will be the eternal dwelling place of glorified man? If that is the teaching, then it seems as if God would have to leave His present Hea
Jump to new posts Re: Current Heaven by Pilgrim @ Monday, February 23, 2015 9:14 PM

The only 'change' I can think of is that the fallen angels, Satan in particular, will no longer be given permission to enter there. They will all be cast into the Lake of Fire and never again experience nor even see their former dwelling place.
Who's Online
1 registered (Tim), 17 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Thomas Bruce, prodigal, Tim, C.N. Croom, gralan
813 Registered Users
Shout Box

February
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Today's Birthdays