Donations for the month of May

We have received a total of $0 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Featured Member
Forum Stats
860 Members
30 Forums
6144 Topics
48298 Posts

Max Online: 64 @ Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:52 PM
Top Posters
Pilgrim 13624
J_Edwards 4843
Tom 4106
Wes 3553
chestnutmare 2695
CovenantInBlood 2375
MarieP 2311
RJ_ 2288
John_C 2005
gotribe 1770
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pilgrim 18
Mckinley 17
Tom 17
Robin 9
chestnutmare 7
flowers92 6
Kaylin 3
Brother Bret 2
Tom Mor 1
John_C 1
Recent Posts
Lordship Salvation
by Mckinley
Today at 07:32 AM
Protestant Classical view on Canonicity
by Pilgrim
Today at 05:05 AM
Choosing a denomination
by Robin
Monday, May 2, 2016 3:58 AM
"The Strength of Sin" Pt. 3 by Ralph Erskine
by chestnutmare
Sunday, May 1, 2016 5:42 AM
Infant Baptism
by Tom
Monday, April 25, 2016 11:43 PM
3 fold usage of the law
by Mckinley
Sunday, April 24, 2016 4:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Theology Discussion Forum
Jump to new posts Lordship Salvation by Mckinley @ Today at 07:32 AM

I'm currently going through the article from the Highway entitled ''LORDSHIP SALVATION: Biblical or Heretical? by William Webster,... And as I do so I have an open discussion on Facebook about this and John MacArthur,.. its getting very heated as th
Jump to new posts Re: Protestant Classical view on Canonicity by Pilgrim @ Today at 05:05 AM

I wanted to add some clarification to my previous reply so that my view is clear. Let me do that by first quoting R.C. Sproul, Sr. (assumed since it is on the Ligonier Ministries website HERE ) Quote:The church has a rich tradition, and we respect t
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a denomination by Robin @ Monday, May 2, 2016 3:58 AM

Remaining independent would not necessarily be a bad thing, as long as the church remains confessional in doctrine and practice (whether WCF, or Belgic Confession, etc). I have always wondered why churches "import" strangers from other c
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a denomination by Mckinley @ Sunday, May 1, 2016 6:34 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time to give that insightful declaration and the sad sway that the OPC is making. Maybe that's the reason that we are currently independent,...
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a denomination by Pilgrim @ Sunday, May 1, 2016 6:30 PM

Originally Posted By: MckinleyI just wanted to see what others thought of these two in particular. Okay... here's my 2 cents re: the OPC and the PRC 1. OPC - I personally wouldn't associate with the OPC as it is now. When I was at WTS (Philly) back
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a denomination by Mckinley @ Sunday, May 1, 2016 6:23 PM

I apologize for my lack of clarity as it seems with each reply its getting more and more confusing,.. The latter about a church plant was in reference to my being a member of one that was established about 5-7 years ago,.. so as a member, to my know
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a denomination by Pilgrim @ Sunday, May 1, 2016 6:14 PM

Originally Posted By: MckinleyNeither, I was asking in reference in a general question and information,.. I'm always asked my affiliation with our church and I tell them as a new reformed church plant we are not currently under any denomination, and
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a denomination by Mckinley @ Sunday, May 1, 2016 6:06 PM

Neither, I was asking in reference in a general question and information,.. I'm always asked my affiliation with our church and I tell them as a new reformed church plant we are not currently under any denomination, and when researching myself I see
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a denomination by Pilgrim @ Sunday, May 1, 2016 6:02 PM

Originally Posted By: MckinleyIf you had to make a choice, would you choose PRCA or the OPC? Are you asking the question in regard to joining a church as a member? Or, are you asking the question in regard to potentially training for the ministry to
Jump to new posts Choosing a denomination by Mckinley @ Sunday, May 1, 2016 5:57 PM

If you had to make a choice, would you choose PRCA or the OPC?
What's New on The Highway website?
Jump to new posts "The Strength of Sin" Pt. 3 by Ralph Erskine by chestnutmare @ Sunday, May 1, 2016 5:42 AM

This month, we complete the sermon series on 1 Cor. 15:56 "The strength of sin is the law."with Sermons LXXVII, LXXVIII, which are the fifth and sixth expository sermons on this text by Ralph Erskine, The Strength of Sin; and how the Law is
Jump to new posts Re: Protestant Classical view on Canonicity by chestnutmare @ Saturday, April 30, 2016 5:36 AM

The Belgic Confession which we have in the Confessions and Creed section here on the Board says this regarding the apocryphal books you are asking about. Belgic Confession Art. 6 "We distinguish between these holy books and the apocryphal ones
Jump to new posts Re: Protestant Classical view on Canonicity by Mckinley @ Saturday, April 30, 2016 3:24 AM

I like to use and reference the Westminster Confessions on questions as such,.. I'm referring to Chapter 1 section 2. Under the name of Holy Scripture, or the Word of God written, are now contained all the books of the Old and New Testament, which ar
Jump to new posts Re: Protestant Classical view on Canonicity by Pilgrim @ Friday, April 29, 2016 3:24 PM

Those who formulated the Canon were most definitely not inspired. But most definitely they were guided by the Spirit of God. The 66 books of the Bible are inspired.
Jump to new posts Protestant Classical view on Canonicity by John_C @ Friday, April 29, 2016 10:08 AM

I read where the Protestant classical view on Canonicity is 'a fallible collection of infallible books'. Which is distinguish from the Roman Catholic view 'a infallible collection of infallible books'. Of course the Liberal view will say 'fallible co
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Greg Logan, kwp10021, flowers92, muffy, Kaylin
860 Registered Users
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31