BookMark said:
Wes, why do you say Mr.Potts ,Gadsby et al, "discredit its(law) usefulness" ? Or have I missed something - again ?
Jesus didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfill it. (Matt.5:17) We do not make void the law through faith: yea, we establish the law. (Romans 3:31)

The moral law law of God FOREVER binds everyone, believers and non-believers alike.

Romans 13:8
“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”

I John 2: 7-8
”Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.”

Neither does Christ, in the Gospel, any way dissolve, but much strengthen this obligation.

Matthew 5:17
“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

Romans 3:31
“Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.”

Wes

When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died, my richest gain I count but loss and pour contempt on all my pride. - Isaac Watts