This is in response to problems/questions that Pilgrim found in my post to this subject.

Pilgrim: Perhaps you should explain how your perception of the modern church has concluded that it lacks love? …it is YOUR understanding and application of God's Word that is being discussed and questioned, and not God's infallible Word that is being questioned.

Wayne: My perception is the modern church lacks a complete understanding of God’s expectation in Luke 10:25-28. In this passage I see God expecting all to love Him with all one’s heart, with all one’s mind and with all one’s soul. With man this is impossible but with God, all things are possible including meeting this expectation.

Pilgrim: Ancillary to what you wrote above, you have gone even further and now apparently you are attempting to give serious weight to your view(s) by bringing in the "help" of the Holy Spirit. What it seems you are now stating is that God Himself, in the person of the Holy Spirit is behind what you are espousing. Thus, I nor anyone else should be too hasty to disagree with you.

Wayne: This is what I said above: “I do not have “a definition” of Christian Love. I believe the Holy Spirit has helped me construct a summary. The summary was to be posted in this forum but it got posted in the open forum some time ago.” I spent a lot of time seeking God’s perspective on that summary. As a result, I believe the Holy Spirit helped me develop it. The posts that I have been making on this site have not been subject to the same amount of prayerful consideration. This was sin on my part and I ask forgiveness from all who may have been offended by it.

Pilgrim: I could just as easily state that my disagreements with your view(s) aren't simply my own, but the Holy Spirit has helped me see their error(s) and/or inconsistencies with Scripture.

Wayne: From what I have see, I am sure you are prayerfully seeking God’s perspectives and He is helping you construct your replies.

Pilgrim: I must tell you that it grieves me to see you trying to defend a most serious heretical statement after it has been pointed out to you. Are you so obsessed with your thesis that you would deny the doctrine of the Trinity to promote it?

Wayne: Looking back at my words and attitudes at the time, I believe I was a bit obsessed. I did not see it that way at the time. It is clear to me now, that was sin and I ask forgiveness from all who may have been offended by it.

Pilgrim: Once again, the statement, "love is the Holy Spirit" is heresy of the first order. And I'll try to explain this in very simple terms:
1. A "predicate nominative" in linguistics refers to a sentence where the subject and the predicate are one and the same. For example, "John is the President." is equivalent to "The President is John." We have a biblical example in John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." It would be and is 100% correct to then state that "God was the Word". In short, the PERSON named "the Word" IS the PERSON named "GOD".
2. In contrast, you have stated, "God is love, the Holy Spirit is God, love is the Holy Spirit". The error should be more than perspicuous at this point? "Love" is an attribute of God, Who is a being consisting of three PERSONS. The Holy Spirit, being one of those PERSONS, shares the ATTRIBUTE of love. But it is totally incorrect, therefore to conclude that the person IS the attribute. If "love" (an attribute) IS the Holy Spirit, then the Holy Spirit is not a PERSON, thus effectly denying the third person of the divine Trinity. Even more simply put, love and the Holy Spirit are not equivalent.

Wayne: I appreciate your patience and the extra effort you have made to help me understand the problem you have with “love is the Holy Spirit”. After reflecting on your description of the problem, I agree I did not have a basis for saying that. That was sin and I ask forgiveness from all who may have been offended by it.

Thanks,
Eccl 4:9-10 Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up. NASU