Dear Josh,<br><br>This long thread seems to be like two ships at sea in the fog, both blowing their fog horns at each other. Each making their respective noises without making much impact on where the other one is going. There's not a lot more that can be said without repeating what's already been written. I remain hopeful that you will take to heart some of the sound teaching you've been offered. <br><br>I've noticed that there are two things that keep coming up in your posts. <br><br>1. Man can resist God.<br><br>2. Calvinism is unbiblical.<br><br>The basic principle of Calvinism is the sovereignty of God. This represents the purpose of the Triune God as absolute and unconditional, independent of the whole finite creation, and originating solely in the eternal counsel of His will. He appoints the course of nature and directs the course of history down to the minutest details. His decrees therefore are eternal, unchangeable, holy, wise and sovereign.<br><br>Any system which teaches that the serious intentions of God can in some cases be defeated, and that man, who is not only a creature but a sinful creature, can exercise veto power over the plans of Almighty God, is in striking contrast to the biblical idea of his immeasurable exaltation by which He is removed from all weaknesses of humanity. That the plans of men are not always executed is due to a lack of power, or a lack of wisdom, or both. But since God is unlimited in these and in all other resources, no unforeseen emergencies can arise. To Him the causes for change have no existence. To assume that His plan fails and that he strives to no effect is to reduce Him to the level of His creatures and make Him no God at all.<br><br>Psalm 33:11; 115:3; Isaiah 40:18; Dan 4:35; John 5:26; Romans 11:33-36; Acts 17:25; Rev. 4:11<br><br>Wes

When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died, my richest gain I count but loss and pour contempt on all my pride. - Isaac Watts