Dear Tom,<br><br>IRT:<br>"You have sited a few times that John 6:37 does not prove that someone can't resist the Holy Spirit’s drawing.<br>I must beg to differ with you, the words "shall/will come to Me" clearly indicate that they will come to Christ."<br><br>You are confusing being drawn and being given. One is not given to Christ until they soften their hearts and hear God when God draws them, but one can resist the pull of the Holy Spirit as is made plain in Acts 7:51, "You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you."<br><br>So it is evident that one can fully and finally resist God's call, just as much of Israel has and still does.<br><br>Let me also say that despite our disagreements on more minor issues, one thing I do respect about most reformed believers is that you are not antinomian, but recognize the truth that a life changed by Christ will manifest itself in how we live. The down side is that even though many Baptists (among other denominations) do not officially profess antinomian theology, they do profess it in their lifestyles. I have had many acquaintances who go to Baptist churches that proudly proclaim that "faith without works is dead;" but the members (with some notable exceptions) tend to fall back on 'eternal security' when they are backsliding. I am not saying that you or your church subscribe to this hypocrisy, nor am I saying that believing as I do will make you immune to falling; I simply seek to remove a potential stumbling block.<br><br><br>In Christ,<br>Josh