Donations for the month of November

We have received a total of "$25" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
John_C
John_C
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,665
Posts54,357
Members973
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,314
Tom 4,336
chestnutmare 3,242
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,852
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 46
Pilgrim 24
jta 6
John_C 2
Recent Posts
To gain the favor of the people by flatteries
by chestnutmare - Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:18 PM
Alberta Sentences Unvaccinated Transplant Patients to Death
by Anthony C. - Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:18 AM
Trudeau on Unvaccinated Canadians
by Pilgrim - Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:41 AM
Another Attack on the Scripture
by Pilgrim - Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:30 AM
Letter from Dr. Malone Concerning Covid
by Tom - Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:29 PM
What does the following symbolize?
by Pilgrim - Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:45 AM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Open Forum Jump to new posts
Genesis 1:1 Tom 2 hours ago
A friend and I started doing a study on Genesis 1:1.
I have actually never done a deep dive in this particular aspect before; but I have always been taught that Genesis 1:1, is talking about the creation of everything, material and spiritual and although the original readers would not have understood this to be the Trinity. Which is only revealed by progressive revelation, Elohim is referring to the Trinity.

A couple of things we noticed while reading so called experts on the subject.
Among Conservative commentators; there are differences of opinions regarding parts of this.
A few examples is whether it is talking about the creation of the “material universe”, or both the spiritual and the material universe.

Also, what is meant by the plural Elohim in verse one.
Then later in verse 26 “let us”.
Some believe that it could mean that because they think Gen. 1:1 is talking about the material universe, rather than the spiritual. Angels were at least present during the creation of the material universe that verse one talks about.
They believe the “us” in verse 26 are God’s Devine Counsel; and “the Sons of God” which are angels and is not referencing the Trinity.
While others, disagree saying that man was made in the image of God, not angels. Also the plurality cannot be addressing angels, since they are not in view in the “Creation Week”.
Here is something my friend took from one side of the issues view.

“The creation of space (“the heaven”), of time (“in the beginning”), and of matter (“the earth”), the Tri-universe, the space/time/matter continuum which constitutes our physical cosmos.”

He also included something he found interesting.

“Mainstream View - Though there has been some debate about the time of the creation of the spiritual realm, most Christians theologians think that it was created at the same time as the material world. The creation of angels, however, is not mentioned in the creation account of Genesis 1–2. It has often been held that Job 38:4–7 and Psalm 148:2, 5 reveal that angels were present at the creation of the material world, which might indicate that they were created prior to the first day of the creation of the material world. This seems to be the view held by at least some theologians in the Renaissance period: John Milton in Paradise Lost, for example, portrays the creation of the angels and the fall of the evil angels as having already taken place when God created the material world. It must be maintained, however, that because they are a part of the created universe and not separate from it, they were not created prior to the universe (understood as the sum total of all created things). Thus, Genesis 1:1–2 describes as much the creation of the spiritual realm as the creation of the material world. Other verses that may refer to the creation of angels include Psalm 33:6, Nehemiah 9:6, and Colossians 1:16.
It seems likely, based upon the words of Christ in Matthew 22:30 and Luke 20:36, that all the angels that have ever existed, and which will ever exist, were created at the same time. It would appear that there are an incredible number of angels, as the Scriptures describe their numbers as “innumerable” (Heb 12:22) and as “myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands” (Rev 5:11; cf. Deut 33:2; Ps 68:17; Mark 5:9, 15). It is also commonplace in Christian theology to portray the angels as forming a clear hierarchy (Eph 1:21; 3:10; Col 1:16, 21; 2:10; 1 Pet 3:22) and divided into classes.

Haines, D. (2018). The Spiritual World. In M. Ward, J. Parks, B. Ellis, & T. Hains (Eds.), Lexham Survey of Theology. Lexham Press.”

He added, “it would seem strange that all of the created universe fell under the curse but not the angels.”

This is obviously a fairly deep study; however if anyone thinks that have anything that would contribute to this study; I would welcome it.

Tom
0 4 Read More
Devotional Jump to new posts
To gain the favor of the people by flatteries chestnutmare 6 hours ago
A bruised reed He will not break, And smoking flax He will not quench; He will bring forth justice for truth.He will not fail nor be discouraged, Till He has established justice in the earth And the coastlands shall wait for His law. Isaiah 42:3-4

These words do not apply to those who boldly and obstinately resist, nor to those who are fierce and headstrong; for such persons do not deserve this forbearance, but rather must be broken and crushed, as by the strokes of a hammer, by the severity of the word. While he praises meekness, he at the same time shows to whom it is adapted, and at what time and in what manner it ought to be employed; for it is not suitable to hardened and rebellious persons, or to those whose rage sends forth flames, but to those who are submissive, and who cheerfully yield to the yoke of Christ. The word smoking shows that he maintains and cherishes not darkness, but sparks, though feeble and hardly perceptible. Wherever then there is impiety and stubbornness, there we must act with the utmost severity, and exercise no forbearance; but, on the other hand, where there are vices that have not gone beyond endurance, yet by gentleness of this nature, instead of encouraging, we must correct and reform them; for we must always pay regard chiefly to truth, of which he speaks, that vices may not be concealed, and thus acquire a secret corruption, but that the weak may be gradually trained to sincerity and uprightness. These words, therefore, relate to those persons who, amidst many deficiencies, have integrity of mind, and earnestly desire to follow true religion, or, at least, in whom we see some good beginning. It is clearly shown by many passages ( Matthew 12:39 ) how severely Christ deals with despisers; for he is constrained to employ “a rod of iron” to crush those who do not submit to be governed by his shepherd’s crook.

I remember that there were in a populous city two preachers, one of whom boldly and loudly reproved vices, while the other endeavored to gain the favor of the people by flatteries. This fawning preacher, who was expounding the Prophet Jeremiah, lighted on a passage full of the mildest consolation, and having found, as he imagined, a fit opportunity, began to declaim against those harsh and severe reprovers who are wont to terrify men by thunderbolts of words. But on the following day, when the Prophet changed his subject and sharply rebuked wicked men with his peculiar vehemence of style, the wretched flatterer was constrained to encounter bitter scorn by retracting the words which were fresh in the recollection of all his hearers. Thus the temporary favor which he had gained speedily vanished, when he revealed his own disposition, and made himself abhorred by the good and the bad. We must therefore distinguish between the submissive and the obstinate, that we may not abuse that mildness by using it on every occasion. Yet Isaiah declares that Christ’s fortitude will be unshaken, so that it shall surmount every obstacle; for by these words, Till he put judgment, he means that the ministry of Christ will be so efficacious that the fruit of his doctrine shall be manifested. He does not merely say, “Till he shall have made known the will of his Father,” but “Till he establish judgment,” that is, as we formerly said, the proper exercise of government...This must not be limited to the person of Christ, but extends to the whole course of the gospel; for he not only discharged the embassy committed to him for three years, but continues to discharge the same embassy every day by means of his servants. Yet we are reminded that it is impossible for us to discharge that office without being laid under the necessity of suffering many annoyances, and sustaining contests so severe and dangerous, that we shall be almost overwhelmed and ready to abandon everything. Still we must not desist, but persevere constantly in our duty, and run to the very end; and therefore the Prophet testifies that Christ will be so steadfast that he will pursue his calling to the end; and, following his example, we ought boldly to persevere.

~ John Calvin
0 7 Read More
Re: Alberta Sentences Unvaccinated Transplant Patients to Death Anthony C. 9 hours ago
Originally Posted by ATulipNotADaisy
Tom,

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmo...b0UIEDLYjyDQI8av4iKT6IkOMnqGlrLZUGsgQKas

The people I see outraged about refusing organs to unvaccinated patients don't actually care about the patients or the transplant community. They are politicizing this story and stories like this for their own benefit. I always tell people that if they are passionate about advocating for transplant patients, we need people to sign up to be a donor, to promote organ donation and to decrease the stigma of transplant.

Anthony C,
Your God-given natural immunity is extremely suppressed by the anti-rejection drugs that a transplant recipient has to take for the rest of his life.

jta,
You are correct I have not done any research and neither have you. Unlike you, I have relied on people who actually do research for a living, not just scanning the internet looking for talking points that fit in with one's confirmation bias. Try googling these names:
Peter Hotez, MD, PhD
Paul Offit, MD
Michael T. Osterholm, PhD, MPH-CIDRAP
Vincent Racaniello, PhD
These men have been around for years and working in the fields of vaccines, immunology, and epidemiology. They are not grifters who have come out of the woodwork during the pandemic.

That’s fair. This issue is not worth turning on each over. I do apologize for critical speech toward you.

If you are interested, here’s a lawyer who has been on the frontline of many legal battles. But I respect where you are coming from. I am very cynical so I come from a place of suspicion - that is not always a good thing. I drive my wife crazy, lol!
https://substack.com/profile/32334676-aaron-siri
9 478 Read More
Re: Trudeau on Unvaccinated Canadians Pilgrim 11 hours ago
I never hinted that one should stick their head in the sand and think that such tyranny will simply go away, never mind fight against it. Canada has always been a "Socio/Communist" country and such things are 'normal'. The persecution and idiocy simply varies with whoever is running the government. Trudeau just happens to be God's servant at this time to do His bidding and bring suffering upon the godless and call His people to stand be counted. Such things have been going on from the beginning of time, i.e., they are encyclical and will continue, becoming worse and worse until the end. But, I will NOT let such oppression and godlessness dominate me in any way. Fight the good fight, expose the works of darkness with your eyes FIXED on Jesus.
"Fight the good fight of the faith, lay hold on the life eternal, whereunto thou wast called, and didst confess the good confession in the sight of many witnesses."

Hebrews 12:1-13 (ASV) 1 Therefore let us also, seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of [our] faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising shame, and hath sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider him that hath endured such gainsaying of sinners against himself, that ye wax not weary, fainting in your souls. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin: 5 and ye have forgotten the exhortation which reasoneth with you as with sons, My son, regard not lightly the chastening of the Lord, Nor faint when thou art reproved of him; 6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, And scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 It is for chastening that ye endure; God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is there whom [his] father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye are without chastening, whereof all have been made partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we had the fathers of our flesh to chasten us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened [us] as seemed good to them; but he for [our] profit, that [we] may be partakers of his holiness. 11 All chastening seemeth for the present to be not joyous but grievous; yet afterward it yieldeth peaceable fruit unto them that have been exercised thereby, [even the fruit] of righteousness. 12 Wherefore lift up the hands that hang down, and the palsied knees; 13 and make straight paths for your feet, that that which is lame be not turned out of the way, but rather be healed.
3 54 Read More
Re: Another Attack on the Scripture Pilgrim 12 hours ago
"arsenokoitai" is a compound word: “arsen” means man and “koite” or “koitas” or “koitai”—depending on a verb or a noun—means bed. It’s men who bed with other men. There is NOTHING that even hints that this word can be translated "young boy" or anything other than "man" in order to make it mean pedophilia vs. homosexuality. But, just for the sake of argument, isn't having sex with a young boy homosexuality? And. of it is to mean 'pedophilia' wouldn't that apply equally to 'young girls'?

ALL the standard Greek Lexicons and Greek language reference books I own, without exception list "arsenokoitai" as homosexuality; men having sex with men. References are listed to early Greek literature where this word was used to describe male homosexuality.

Personally, as I have stated here several times already concerning this modern attempt to legitimize abominable sexual deviant behavior, the CONTEXT of the biblical references make the meaning to this word incontrovertibly homosexuality. I don't care to what extremes the LGTBQ.... and sympathizers go to wrestle the Word of God to their own destruction. They cannot change what God the Spirit has written and Who has given eyes to see and a mind to comprehend the truth of His infallible and inerrant revelation.

Romans 1:16-32 (ASV) 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is revealed a righteousness of God from faith unto faith: as it is written, But the righteous shall live by faith. 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hinder the truth in unrighteousness; 19 because that which is known of God is manifest in them; for God manifested it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, [even] his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse: 21 because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks; but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves: 25 for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due. 28 And even as they refused to have God in [their] knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 backbiters, hateful to God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, unmerciful: 32 who, knowing the ordinance of God, that they that practise such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but also consent with them that practise them.
1 24 Read More
Re: Letter from Dr. Malone Concerning Covid Tom 21 hours ago
Just noticed this.

The fact is Dr. Malone is not a conspiracy theorist. Yet that is what happens when a doctor or a scientist does not agree with the views that people like Dr. Fauci believe.
Dr. Malone actually is vaccinated himself and that was his own decision. He believes very strongly that people need to be aware of the risks before they take any vaccine.

Dr. Malone knows Dr. Fauci personally and knows a lot about his agenda in all this.

I better stop there, I am getting tired of all this garbage.

Tom
2 128 Read More
Re: What does the following symbolize? Pilgrim Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:45 AM
Yes, I can "see" the alleged swastika. It's the green colored section with a white square on the tips. So what? rofl
1 76 Read More
Re: Unvaccinated Canadians can’t enter USA Tom Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:25 AM
Thanks, the first link does answer part of my original question.

It mentions that the US will be closed to unvaccinated visitors, until at least January 8th. I will not be holding my breath on that date though. I have heard that G-10 Nations may be requiring vaccinations for all international travel. However, I have yet to confirm this.
4 128 Read More
Re: Chinese Police forces operating in Canada Tom Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:43 AM
Thanks for the links.

They said they are investigating this.
However, why would it be allowed in the first place?
6 317 Read More
The Trucker's Protest Tom Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:40 PM
The Canadian Trucker Protesters
If you are like me, you saw the truckers protest and government response in Ottawa Canada and it caused you great concern.

Talking to American Christians, they also had concerns about this as well. Mainly because things like this have a tendency of setting a presidence even where they live.
In my case, although I actually supported in principle what the truckers were trying to do. However, I wanted to be certain I do not cross the line in my own conduct as a Christian.
I recently found what I believe is a really good discussion on the Trucker’s Protest.

https://founders.org/interviews/tst...-of-trudeau-biblical-principles-to-apply

As I was thinking through what was said, I could not help but think how the same principles that this podcast talked about, also apply to many other areas.

For example, in Romans 13 it talks about how we should obey the magistrate as long as the magistrate is upholding God's truth. As opposed to when the magistrates goes beyond their scope of authority.

In Canada, for example a Bill called Bill C-4 essentially could make it illegal to evangelize the LBGQT+++ people. Obviously, although I expect there to be consequences for disobeying the magistrate. Never the less, for the believer to obey them is disobeying God and fearing man over God.

Tom
0 55 Read More
Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving! chestnutmare Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:48 PM
Thought you might enjoy this from Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh - THE TRUE STORY OF THANKSGIVING
0 56 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 51 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry, Nana Dadzie Jr.
973 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,400,595 Gospel truth