Donations for the month of July

We have received a total of $0 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,651
Posts51,289
Members928
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,471
Tom 3,483
chestnutmare 2,916
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,762
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,578
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Pilgrim 36
Tom 32
John_C 4
Johan 1
Recent Posts
Apologetics
by Tom. Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:34 AM
Learning Presuppositional Apologetics
by Tom. Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 AM
Starting Out
by ReformedDisciple. Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 AM
Is the Following Legit?
by Tom. Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:08 AM
The PCA's Slide Into the Homosexual Abyss Accelerates
by ReformedDisciple. Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:50 PM
Conspiracy?
by ReformedDisciple. Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:32 AM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Theology Discussion Forum
Yesterday at 03:34 PM
I will look for it and post it if I find it.
18 536 Read More
Open Forum
Yesterday at 03:29 PM
Apology accepted.
The testimony part is only to point out the transforming power of the Gospel.
I have friends who have been alcoholics, that made their wives and children's lives terrible. One friend for example was at the point of suicide, when he found himself crying out to God and God answered him and through a series of meetings with a pastor he became a changed man. That was probably around 20 years ago now and he still has not had a drink. He now lives to glorify the Lord.
It was the Lord who set him free, but for those who know this man, knowing what he was like before and after, all I can say is, thankyou Lord!
No his testimony can not save anyone; but it sure can encourage people.
The Lord actually used the lives of Christians to make me interested in finding out what Christianity was all about nearly 40 years ago now.

Tom
12 291 Read More
Church Locator
Yesterday at 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim

There is also Grace Church of Kauai.

This is a link to some shoe company FYI
3 5,534 Read More
Open Forum
Yesterday at 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
2. Music may consist of both lyrics and tune or just the tune. Music which Scripture enjoins must be in accord with the divine attributes of God, aka: to glorify God. It is a serious error to embrace the modern concept of that command; to glorify God which has been turned upside down and now it is said to mean whatever an individual feels (emotionally) or intends (purpose), which God will always accept. This is blasphemous on its face and a violation of the 2nd and 3rd Commandments. Man has no warrant to define what God accepts, e.g., God will accept something offered if it is done sincerely, etc. Most forms of contemporary music are odious to God.

Again, in the Calvinism and the Reformed Faith > Ecclesiology section, see the list of articles under the "Music" heading for a good start on what a Christian should be embracing, both in their personal sanctification and in corporate worship.

I have to admit, this offends my human sensibilities... which probably means there's something to what you're telling me here comfort

Thank God I have His Spirit to give me the wisdom to see that! bingo

Thank you for pointing this out. I think I'll continue to listen to what I listen to for now, for the content is still better than other trash I could be (and want to be, for I still like some secular music, but try to shy away from it) putting into my ears. But I now will surely be looking into this new light of information. Thank you!
18 449 Read More
Open Forum
Yesterday at 04:08 AM
A friend of mine (an aquantance from work), just e-mailed something to me and I am wondering if this information is legit? This person apparently has taught history classes on Parthia and a few other ancient civilizations. (the blank spots below have maps; which I did not include, because I am not sure how).

Numerous of the Apostles went to Parthia where the 3 Wisemen came from, when one checks out the history of these Wisemen. They were sent from the Royal family of Parthia Religious Court. Jewish historian Josephus said that at the time of Christ, Israelites were like the sand in the sea and the Israelites were so numerous east of the Euphrates River. Which was the border between Rome and Parthia for centuries.

Of course secular historians always play down Parthia.

Interesting that Andrew went to Sogdiana which is Bactria or part of Afghanistan.
It is recorded that King Solomon visited this area 1,000 years pervious.
Afghanistan is named after the Israelís first King Saul grandson Afgani who was in charge of the Israelite Army under King Solomon.

Here it shows the travels of Thomas crisscrossing Parthia and Kushan Empires.

Where they came for Pentecost...

0 11 Read More
Open Forum
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:50 PM
Thank you crazyeyes
6 561 Read More
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Meta4), 21 guests, and 100 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Movinforward86, Micki Bowman, Nigel J, wischnotes, Dutch Michael
928 Registered Users
Shout Box
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
Readin, sojourner
Popular Topics(Views)
779,241 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.035s Queries: 6 (0.003s) Memory: 2.4060 MB (Peak: 2.6087 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-07-20 02:40:06 UTC