Quote:
Pilgrim said:
Quote:
Tom said:
I have to admit that I am neither non-cessationist nor cessationist.

Tom,

Now, just how does this figure logically? If someone were to say, and there are some who do, that they are neither Calvinist nor Arminian, or, that they are neither a Christian nor a non-Christian; neither a believer nor an unbeliever, what is the only logical conclusion one could reach?

In His grace,

I see your point Pilgrim.
In the case of Calvinism and Arminianism, it is impossible to be neutral even if they don't realize it. Though some say that they hold to some of the 5 points of Calvinism, in reality if one point is not true, then logically the other 4 fall. However, that does not mean that the person is at that point of realization.
In my case with cessationism and non-cessationism, though I would like the matter completely settled in my own mind, I am not there yet.
If that means I am either a cessationist or a non-cessationist, I would have to say my actions would make me a cessationist. But I am not sure if that would be completely accurate since the matter isn't settled in my mind.

I have a question for you. You have mentioned the term 'soft cessationist' in this thread. What do you mean by that? Can you give an example between a soft cessationist and cessationist?

Tom